Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching the replay just now and was at the part where Lynch got done for the fend off in the 2nd qtr, as far as i'm concerned you can blame Richo for that, everytime he is doing our game on C7 and we do a fend off and get the mark paid, Richo goes off and complains that forwards grab the jumper and that they should not get away with it. Come to think of it everytime Richmond get a F50 free Richo loses the plot in his desire to not be biased yet clams up when the oppo's get a F50 free.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. Listening to Richo doing our games is almost as painful as listening to Der-wayne butcher another call.

No different to those 360 degree turns and get the ball away done by the oppo...
And besides Rioli was away oppo caught him as he bounced...
That's the rule, if your grabbed and bounce it's htb, bounce and your grabbed while the ball isn't back into your hands yet, it's htb, pretty straight forward. We got one our way against Essendon, I think it was and Bolton barely had a hold of him.

then why did he have 10 score involvements and only 3 turnovers?
Because being third in a chain of six handballs that ends in a goal counts as a score involvement. You don't have to be special to 'achieve' that.
Watch the first quarter replay. Every time he touched it it was a disaster.

That's the rule, if your grabbed and bounce it's htb, bounce and your grabbed while the ball isn't back into your hands yet, it's htb, pretty straight forward. We got one our way against Essendon, I think it was and Bolton barely had a hold of him.
So let me get that straight...the rule is if the oppo have a handful of your jumper that's a tackle?!?

So that free kick against Rioli in the first quarter was actually a bulls**t free kick.

1) the Brisbane player didn’t really have a full on hold on Rioli before he bounced it, it was barely a tackle and
2) Rioli would have gotten away if the umpire hadn’t blown the whistle.

Very weird free kick.
I think if the player has any sort of hold on you and you bounce it’s HTB. Even if it’s just a handful of jumper. Ideally Rioli takes the bounce earlier before taking them on - easier said than done I’d suggest, but Dusty does it a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not 'changing' a decision at all, I'm calling it how I saw it!
He clearly dragged it in. The one where Prestia was pinged for HTB was outrageous as he had no prior opportunity imo. My mate reckons he took a step. I gave him a serve bc your feet can’t HB it if your arms are locked up before you have any prior opportunity to dispose of it. The clown was going for Brisbane bc he wanted a Tigers v Essendon elimination final. 😂 😂

Yep it was introduced after KB retired which led to the total demise of the RFC for decades.

Think it was introduced late 70's while KB was still playing.

Frggn Rioli trying to get around 3 players all the time. Get back to basics son

Hard to be too critical as part of our return to power revolved around taking the game on so we have to accept sometimes it doesn't pay off.

In saying that, as a player you have to read the tea leaves a little and if you are out of form you do need to go back to basics, as you say, and just do them well and save the flashy stuff till later. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Dusty returned to form when he dropped some of his flashy stuff for a few games earlier in the season and just kept it very simple. He hasn't looked back and is back to beast mode.

Frggn Rioli trying to get around 3 players all the time. Get back to basics son

Some players can't win.

Against West Choke, everyone was saying he needs to get back to taking the game on instead of playing slow and taking to long. Can't have it both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back