Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support your club captain FFS. I care what he does on the field and how he captains our club, he can do what he wants outside his job.

What did I say that was negative?

You hang out with your work colleagues? I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Young just on SEN.
- Confirmed Brad Hill had a private conversation with Peter Bell in June/July to request a trade back to Vic. Disappointed that it got out publicly.
- Has not received any contact from Fremantle re Longmuir. If it's going to come, he'd expect a call in the next 7-10 days.

Dafuq? Disappointed that it got out. He need look no further than his own organisation there. Constantly leaking stuff where there clients are involved.

Colin Young just on SEN.
- Confirmed Brad Hill had a private conversation with Peter Bell in June/July to request a trade back to Vic. Disappointed that it got out publicly.
- Has not received any contact from Fremantle re Longmuir. If it's going to come, he'd expect a call in the next 7-10 days.
I hate that "disappointed that it got out publicly" line

He clearly put it out so it would become a big enough story that freo wouldn't be able to hold him to his contract. He set the ball in motion months ago for that purpose.

Wish the club never had to deal with Young or any of his players.

He clearly put it out so it would become a big enough story that freo wouldn't be able to hold him to his contract. He set the ball in motion months ago for that purpose.

He did it while releasing that GC was interested in Stephen to destabilise the club.

I know its he's job to get the best deal for his client, but he is a campaigner of a man

Any chance Bell put it out there to destabilise things so Ross wouldn't finish top 8?

All the early articles/tweets I saw (from over east) on Bhilly leaving referred to his gf preparing to move home as the basis for him also leaving.

Suggested to me at the time that it was through her network that it got out (friends/family/etc.), not necessarily anything to do with anyone in football.

Colin Young just on SEN.
Any chance Bell put it out there to destabilise things so Ross wouldn't finish top 8?
As he said in the interview, there was talk of Hill wanting to head to Vic PRIOR to him meeting with Bell.
He met with Bell to formerly inform the club that would be the case.
He then says he was disappointed it got out after that meeting, it was already out! & no doubt he let Vic list managers know!
He is a typical feckin manager playing the game.

All the early articles/tweets I saw (from over east) on Bhilly leaving referred to his gf preparing to move home as the basis for him also leaving.

Suggested to me at the time that it was through her network that it got out (friends/family/etc.), not necessarily anything to do with anyone in football.
Except Colin Young said in an interview the family reasons months ago

Colin Young literally said it

Except Colin Young said in an interview the family reasons months ago

Colin Young literally said it
My comment was in relation to: "Disappointed that it got out publicly" in view of comment(s) above suggesting the club/Bell let it out into the mediascape for their own benefit. IMO it sounds like any leak came from the gf side of things, not Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My comment was in relation to: "Disappointed that it got out publicly" in view of comment(s) above suggesting the club/Bell let it out into the mediascape for their own benefit. IMO it sounds like any leak came from the gf side of things, not Freo.
Colin Young leaked it

Reserve your bricks for WA media. Cop this latest:

To salvage some joy from tough times, I bought the Sunday Times to read about Eagles' thumping. Not a word. Instead the Live Ladder showed 'game yet to be played' asterisk (despite ample time to run the story). There's a new level of rat cunning, I thought.

Wrong.

Opened the West just now thinking, at least we'll have AA plaudits for Fyfey, Sonny. Wrong again! We get a pic of Fyfe in Hurn's shadow headed 'All-Australian controversy rages as Fyfe beats Hurn for captaincy'...

It'd be funny if it wasn't so scary. As an old print journo I see the distortion of fact and manipulation of public opinion for what it is. Sadly, thousands don't. It's a miracle we have ANY members let alone 50,000....

To salvage some joy from tough times, I bought the Sunday Times to read about Eagles' thumping. Not a word. Instead the Live Ladder showed 'game yet to be played' asterisk (despite ample time to run the story). There's a new level of rat cunning, I thought.

Wrong.

Opened the West just now thinking, at least we'll have AA plaudits for Fyfey, Sonny. Wrong again! We get a pic of Fyfe in Hurn's shadow headed 'All-Australian controversy rages as Fyfe beats Hurn for captaincy'...

It'd be funny if it wasn't so scary. As an old print journo I see the distortion of fact and manipulation of public opinion for what it is. Sadly, thousands don't. It's a miracle we have ANY members let alone 50,000....

I remember when we had a newspaper in Perth. Been a while...

Wrong.

Fyfe just impresses me more and more when he, his family, and friends, has to put up with that sh5t in his home town after doing nothing more than giving his loyal best, even when his coach is run out of town and he deals with bs about his place of employment week after week. You don't hear him whinging to anyone, he remains completely professional in the media, even when they make up rumours about him. I had a chat at New Years with him and then out surfing a couple of days later. He was the one trying to get my attention out in the surf to give me a thumbs up and say hi again. Zero prima donna. Time for anyone and everyone, even on his personal time. Quality human being. His parents must be very proud.

Fyfe just impresses me more and more when he, his family, and friends, has to put up with that sh5t in his home town after doing nothing more than giving his loyal best, even when his coach is run out of town and he deals with bs about his place of employment week after week. You don't hear him whinging to anyone, he remains completely professional in the media, even when they make up rumours about him. I had a chat at New Years with him and then out surfing a couple of days later. He was the one trying to get my attention out in the surf to give me a thumbs up and say hi again. Zero prima donna. Time for anyone and everyone, even on his personal time. Quality human being. His parents must be very proud.
He stands up. Not like that weak campaigner ball dragging boogie fraud b. rad.

Wrong.

I saw that. Absolute garbage, they're getting worse by the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back