Injury Injury thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everybody think Nic will go in the finals considering he will be lacking "match fitness", should he make it of course. That has me a bit worried

He’s never been a big time on ground guy and still made impact in his AFL games this year. His WAFL game is hard to get a read on, because it’s WAFL, but he was still impactful in the centre bounces with a few highlights around the ground.

I think he’ll be worth having despite any lack of match fitness, still good for a few big momentum shifts per game.

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
How does everybody think Nic will go in the finals considering he will be lacking "match fitness", should he make it of course. That has me a bit worried🤔
Heavily managed, 50% game time with Hickey maining in the centre and Big O pinch hitting in the F50.

The only problem when he does get on the park, I don't what stresses me out more...the actual game or everytime he falls over. Too stressful tbh

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
IMG_1345.JPG

Noticed Darling had a big bruise on his leg during the game tonight. Did not seem 100%. Probably from the cork last week.

Hoping the bye will mean he is all good for the first final and moving a bit better on it🤞🏻

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Or.....................plays. Cannot 'keep up' and we lose a close one.

MC do have a dilemma on their hands.
Yes the MC have a dilemma, but hopefully the Medico's will give them the correct information to make that decision and that Nic is honest as to how "fit" he really is. I'm glad it's not me having to make this decision. It's a shame it's an EF as had we made the top 4 it would have been a QF instead and we could have given him 1 more week if necessary. Just hope his ankle is really healed!

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Saw Simmo on ch7 last night, said NN needed to tick a few more boxes and would not play WAFL this weekend. Also said Thursday night game not ideal for him to play as less days to get him right and signed off.

Earlier game also an issue for Hutchings probably - did a good shutdown job on Saad last game v Ess. Was listed after the Rich game as 3 weeks but see how we go, moving well, came back on for a bit so not too bad...

Saw Simmo on ch7 last night, said NN needed to tick a few more boxes and would not play WAFL this weekend. Also said Thursday night game not ideal for him to play as less days to get him right and signed off.

Earlier game also an issue for Hutchings probably - did a good shutdown job on Saad last game v Ess. Was listed after the Rich game as 3 weeks but see how we go, moving well, came back on for a bit so not too bad...

He injured his ankle on July 12

It will have been 55 days since the injury when we play our final. Hard to see how 2 days (if we were playing Saturday) makes much difference

Hutchings I can understand but Naitanui not so much

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Which just means that pathetic click bait article from David Prestipino on WAtoday is absolute garbage. NN doesn't even qualify for WAFL finals does he?

Plus I couldn't imagine us wanting him to back it up on a hard deck 5 days later in a do or die final.

Absolute flog of a journalist that bloke is.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Which just means that pathetic click bait article from David Prestipino on WAtoday is absolute garbage. NN doesn't even qualify for WAFL finals does he?

Plus I couldn't imagine us wanting him to back it up on a hard deck 5 days later in a do or die final.

I didn't see the article, but there have been various other articles over the past week about the club potentially applying for the WAFL's permission for NN to play finals because, yes, he doesn't qualify.

But I think the timing of the finals now puts a line through that idea.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn't see the article, but there have been various other articles over the past week about the club potentially applying for the WAFL's permission for NN to play finals because, yes, he doesn't qualify.

But I think the timing of the finals now puts a line through that idea.

Chalk it up as clickbait saying Nic is a chance to play the WAFL final. The actual article says nothing about it and just goes on to sort of review our game with some quotes that also have nothing to do with Nic.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Chalk it up as clickbait saying Nic is a chance to play the WAFL final. The actual article says nothing about it and just goes on to sort of review our game with some quotes that also have nothing to do with Nic.

Bit harsh there. Quotes from West Coast saying they were toying with the idea of getting special permission

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back