AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcgseats1.jpg

Since at least 2012 it would seem.

Seems odd that they are splitting Bays 15 and 28 instead of just rounding off the AFL members at the end of the GSS.

Regarding Q28, they've probably decided that its position in the nosebleeds immediately next to the scoreboard is an inferior offering for good paying members.

Maybe part of M16, N15, P15 & Q15 was given to AFL members to compensate for this?

Regarding Q28, they've probably decided that its position in the nosebleeds immediately next to the scoreboard is an inferior offering for good paying members.

Maybe part of M16, N15, P15 & Q15 was given to AFL members to compensate for this?
Those half sections have always been there, they are where the little fence is. Not enough room in an aisle to run a fence in the GSS.
There's also a few other sections which they can run the fence through. They shift the M16 fence to M14 for the GF for example.

Last edited:
I selected the mobile ticket option but never got an sms sent to my phone with the link

Those half sections have always been there, they are where the little fence is. Not enough room in an aisle to run a fence in the GSS.
There's also a few other sections which they can run the fence through. They shift the M16 fence to M14 for the GF for example.

Ah ok, well shifting the fence to M14 also opens up more area for members then I guess.

Anyway, I reckon Q28 needs to be treated as a bit of a 'bonus bay' during the H&A season.

If they opened it up to the public during lower drawing H&A games, non-members seated there could abuse their access right and move to better empty seats in the AFL Reserve further around the wing.

With sellout finals, public access to the AFL Reserve can be controlled better - so non-members given Q28 seats next to the scoreboard are practically forced to stay there or stand.

Last edited:

Shame. And in our area.

Medallion Club tickets are fully transferable. They are also in the AFL Members' Reserve and have been for a couple of years, so nothing new, albeit it sucks for us plebs.

My company has 4 tickets in 2A, Bay 15. Front row as well. Memberships are $8k p.a. each.

Medallion Club tickets are fully transferable. They are also in the AFL Members' Reserve and have been for a couple of years, so nothing new, albeit it sucks for us plebs.

My company has 4 tickets in 2A, Bay 15. Front row as well. Memberships are $8k p.a. each.
You can see why the AFL is clearly targetting the top end of town in AFL members.

Why have a whole bay of people paying 500 bucks a year when they can give the members 1/10th of the bay and sell the other 9/10th at premium rates!

Makes fiscal sense. I just don't like the lies the AFL members are sold

Do the tickets have a dollar value printed on them?
I've always wondered how this would work. Yes they are fully transferable but there is now legislation saying finals tickets can't be sold for more than 10% of face value so I'm not sure how that all fits together. I noticed that Ebay ad is a set price not an auction so maybe the those tickets have some sort of face value of $500 each?

Do the tickets have a dollar value printed on them?
I've always wondered how this would work. Yes they are fully transferable but there is now legislation saying finals tickets can't be sold for more than 10% of face value so I'm not sure how that all fits together. I noticed that Ebay ad is a set price not an auction so maybe the those tickets have some sort of face value of $500 each?
I agree, it's s**t. Report the listing via eBay and bomb the seller with a note telling them its illegal - I did.

I agree, it's s**t. Report the listing via eBay and bomb the seller with a note telling them its illegal - I did.
Pretty sure you can inflate them by a reasonable amount to cover any hassle on your part.

Last edited:
AFL Member guest passes are $83 I think, and Category 1 tickets which are the highest prices tickets according to the chart below are $93. By rights, these tickets shouldn't be going for much or any more than about $110 each.

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Images/Finals/2019-Finals-Series-Ticket-Prices.pdf
I found this mob who flog off what I assume are unused Medallion seats/products, looks like they have full authorisation to do this.
$295 each for level 2 with exclusive bar access
$525 each for level 2 with free drinks and food

I suspect the guy in the ebay ad is using the prices from this mob to justify flogging off his own Medallion club entitlements for games he doesn't want to go to. Not sure of the legalities around it. I suspect unless he's an authorised onseller, details of which need to be in the ad, then he can't do it.

Surprised Medallion Club members are allocated seats on 2A actually.

If I was forking out $8000+ a year, I would want my MCG seat undercover on 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Medallion Club members are allocated seats on 2A actually.

If I was forking out $8000+ a year, I would want my MCG seat undercover on 2.

iirc not all medallion club memberships are made equal. I believe there's different tiers based how close the seats are to centre wing. I would imagine only the top level medallion club tickets get level 2, and the 'cheapies' get L1 undercover and 2A?

I used to have a nice fantasy of being an AFL Member for like, my whole life. But like all quaint things in this rusted world, it won't happen. Gonna give it up next year I think.

I used to love being a student, going to matches hungover by myself in the bottom deck for Melbourne and Brisbane Lions or the top tier for a good Hawks game; hungover Etihad sessions feeling low, depleted, and angsty. I dunno. Maybe it's just part and parcel of those times.

I used to have a nice fantasy of being an AFL Member for like, my whole life. But like all quaint things in this rusted world, it won't happen. Gonna give it up next year I think.

I used to love being a student, going to matches hungover by myself in the bottom deck for Melbourne and Brisbane Lions or the top tier for a good Hawks game; hungover Etihad sessions feeling low, depleted, and angsty. I dunno. Maybe it's just part and parcel of those times.
Every game is a fight. a fight through printed put ticket flogs...a fight through finding level M, N, P are all sold out for a 40k game and that Top level will probably be replaced by the back of Q in 5 years time

And Medallion Club seats are at least $7k each so how are you calculating they have at least broken even?
I couldn't find any info on the cost of Medallion club, but assuming they sell the seats for the rest of the finals, $4k + at least 4x$1k is $8k. I dare say the GF seat would go for more.

Still, a bemusing, low %, high risk business venture.

I couldn't find any info on the cost of Medallion club, but assuming they sell the seats for the rest of the finals, $4k + at least 4x$1k is $8k. I dare say the GF seat would go for more.

Still, a bemusing, low %, high risk business venture.

Seen the prices of the jolimont club?

31K (in the brochure pdf)

Seen the prices of the jolimont club?
I have no issues with the price of these expensive tickets. Let fools part with their money.

I am bemused by people who buy them and try to turn a low % profit off them.

Either you can afford it and enjoy it, or don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back