Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The resistance helps build strength but more importantly they improve technique, the exaggerated catch with the surface area against the water emphasises where you should be putting and angling the hands through the stroke.
Also if you don't cheat by only using the front strap they will actually wobble or want to fly off on someone with a crap stroke.
good points

Wish i could do butterfly- that is actually really fun to do (can manage like 3 of them in a row lol).
My go to is freestyle, if im in the mood backstroke, sometimes just some kicking with a kick board or side stroke.

Hate breaststroke
Jack Watts wants to give this post a like and a hate.

First time back in the gym this morning for almost 2 weeks. Damn winter and the flu. Still shaking the last of it off and still aching, but I get antsy when my routines are broken. Felt good to walk out this morning after workout.
tenor.gif

First time back in the gym this morning for almost 2 weeks. Damn winter and the flu. Still shaking the last of it off and still aching, but I get antsy when my routines are broken. Felt good to walk out this morning after workout.

My DOMS on my legs are brutal. 6 days off and i am feeling parts of me I have never felt before

Wish i could do butterfly- that is actually really fun to do (can manage like 3 of them in a row lol).
My go to is freestyle, if im in the mood backstroke, sometimes just some kicking with a kick board or side stroke.

Hate breaststroke

When I was competing my main event was 100 metre butterfly, must have loved torture in my younger years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back