AFL Corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on you NumbersEight for starting this thread. Getting attention on the issue is important. The club seems to be listening these last few years.

I agree with GBatman that they need to learn to whinge and whine like Eddie, Scott, etc. Let’s hope they stand up to the AFL a bit more and draw attention to stuff in the media.

Also the point about the importance of being financially successful is a good one. Clubs making money have more bargaining power because they don’t need hand outs.

Inequity builds resentment and that will come back at the AFL over time.

500k from Adidas (AFL approved).
300k from the AFL.

On top of his cool million per year.

There is no level playing field when it comes to the AFL's 'investment.'

As soon as crooked Gillary opened his mouth we were both dead in the water.

Where is this coming from.

Is it public knowledge?

Most intelligent and accurate thing ever written on Big Footy about something complicated. Won't stop the debate or foaming at the mouth or frustrations, but probably should be stickied somewhere as a reference.

So you agree with everything Bordertoon wrote about how complex the issue is, but you want us all to stop taking about it? Get a grip, mate. Do you have anything useful to offer at all or are you just a side liner?

So you agree with everything Bordertoon wrote about how complex the issue is, but you want us all to stop taking about it? Get a grip, mate. Do you have anything useful to offer at all or are you just a side liner?

I have no idea what you're saying to me right now. I dunno what a side liner is.

My comment was that I thought Bordertoon's take on it was an excellent primer for anyone interested in discussing the topic, and that there will always be different viewpoints and opinions - something well explained in his/her post.

Good on you NumbersEight for starting this thread. Getting attention on the issue is important. The club seems to be listening these last few years.

I agree with GBatman that they need to learn to whinge and whine like Eddie, Scott, etc. Let’s hope they stand up to the AFL a bit more and draw attention to stuff in the media.

Also the point about the importance of being financially successful is a good one. Clubs making money have more bargaining power because they don’t need hand outs.

Richmond don't whinge like Eddie.
Didn't stop them winning a flag recently.

Is the AFL copying Putin running interference on social media... dlb99 seems pretty pro-Gil

on the payroll? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea what you're saying to me right now. I dunno what a side liner is.

My comment was that I thought Bordertoon's take on it was an excellent primer for anyone interested in discussing the topic, and that there will always be different viewpoints and opinions - something well explained in his/her post.

"Won't stop the debate or foaming at the mouth or frustrations"

That's what you said. I read this thread and I see reasonable, well-founded discussion about what's going wrong with equalisation. And you want to write it all off as mouth-foaming? Seems like your viewpoint brings nothing useful to the discussion in that case.

And Melbourne, GC, Carlton, Hawthorn, Collingwood, West Coast, Geelong, and Sydney all support it.

Where does the weight of evidence sit?
We are at the bottom from our own ineptitude and has been that way for along time. Simple as that

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

We are at the bottom from our own ineptitude and has been that way for along time. Simple as that

Hawthorn fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Roughhead and Ellis from priority picks, and then won premierships with those players.

Collingwood fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Thomas from a priority pick, and then won a premiership with him.

West Coast fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Judd from a priority pick, and then won a premiership with him.

Carlton wins twelve games total over three seasons and gets nothing.

You see what I'm saying?

Richmond don't whinge like Eddie.
Didn't stop them winning a flag recently.

Haha... yes they don’t...

Why would either Richmond or Hawthorn complain when they have nothing to complain about. They get favoured with everything. You can’t tell me if Richmond has the cash this year to get Coniglio that #GilTheDill would have stepped in... The whole league is corrupt from the very top down.

What clubs should do is stand together to get rid of the hierarchy at the AFL. It’s biased, inconsistent and is ruining people’s thought that competition can ever be fair.

- Certain players drug use hidden yet others are thrown under the bus.
- Players are getting paid by the AFL directly. How can this happen?
- Sponsorships are set up by the AFL directly to players WTF.
- Different drug restrictions to the rest of Australia. I know the NBA and NFL do this but really???
Etc etc.

Each club should have to produce their TPP/contracts and each club should be able to see as proof that they are all abiding.

It would not surprise me at all if the AFL is even paying some of Shiels salary at * with how corrupt they are...

To be honest the whole AFL including all contracts and all payments made by the AFL and clubs need to be audited.

How can everything always just be swept under the carpet.?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Won't stop the debate or foaming at the mouth or frustrations"

That's what you said. I read this thread and I see reasonable, well-founded discussion about what's going wrong with equalisation. And you want to write it all off as mouth-foaming? Seems like your viewpoint brings nothing useful to the discussion in that case.

You DON'T think some people go "foaming at the mouth" about AFL actions? I reckon some folks are so myopic and focused on their own team's interests that they wouldn't have the first clue what the AFL *should* do. What's best for Carlton is NOT what the AFL should do, some - hell, maybe even MOST of the time.

But anyway, all I really aim to do is be humble, witty, popular, thought-provoking, handsome, insightful, positive, realistic, maybe even bring a little joy to people's lives with every post - not "bring something useful". Thanks for the great work you do, you're the kind of rock this place is built on. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Hawthorn fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Roughhead and Ellis from priority picks, and then won premierships with those players.

Collingwood fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Thomas from a priority pick, and then won a premiership with him.

West Coast fell to the bottom through their own ineptitude and got Judd from a priority pick, and then won a premiership with him.

You see what I'm saying?
As i said, this thread is hilarious and sad at the same time. I'll keep laughing at yours and others posts and tears.

You see what I'm saying?

We got Walker, Murphy, Hampson and Kreuzer as priority assistance at that time mentioned.

As i said, this thread is hilarious and sad at the same time. I'll keep laughing at yours and others posts and tears.

Just as it is hilarious that you need to keep coming on here bagging it out. There are plenty of other threads so just stick to them if your not here to discuss the thread title and your only input is to bag the thread and those on it. When I see your posts or others’ posts in other threads that make no sense, I just scroll pass rather than judge them. 😁

You DON'T think some people go "foaming at the mouth" about AFL actions? I reckon some folks are so myopic and focused on their own team's interests that they wouldn't have the first clue what the AFL *should* do. What's best for Carlton is NOT what the AFL should do, some - hell, maybe even MOST of the time.

Do you support our club or do you lick the AFL's boots?

The whole point of the discussion in this thread is that the AFL -- time and time again -- makes decisions that harm our club. It makes those decisions in order to help other clubs at our expense. Why the hell should any of us be happy about that? Do you have a GC or GWS membership? Do care for one second what happens to those clubs? Because I sure as hell don't. When the AFL gives GC a priority pick after a two-win season, having refused to give us anything after our two-win season last year, then we should be furious. When they step in and pay ambassadorial money to free agents to prevent them from joining us, then we should be furious.

I'm glad to see you can laugh it all off. You must be a real, dyed in the wool supporter.

couldn't agree more - I want to follow a club run by a group of professional people who whinge and whine professionally - now that is something to aspire to!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back