News Chol and Soldo sign on for 2 more

Remove this Banner Ad

Nank’s injury has been a blessing in terms of opportunity and development. Coming into the season I would of said we were ****ed if Nankervis got injured. I was pretty sure Soldo would get slaughtered and Chol would never get a game.

CCJ looked to have more talent but just showed how far he was off being ready. Incomparison to Chol and Soldo, who while showing inexperience, looked ready to compete physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see there being some interest in our ruck stocks the trade market in a year or two (potentially even this year), so it's good to lock them up for now and let them really develop.

I doubt we'll keep them all long term (sentiment aside, it'd just be poor list management for us, and they'll all be wanting AFL games), so hopefully we'll be looking at so good value picks coming in.

I can see there being some interest in our ruck stocks the trade market in a year or two (potentially even this year), so it's good to lock them up for now and let them really develop.

I doubt we'll keep them all long term (sentiment aside, it'd just be poor list management for us, and they'll all be wanting AFL games), so hopefully we'll be looking at so good value picks coming in.

If Soldo plays well in finals I think we could be fielding a lot of offers. I think clubs would be sniffing already, media as usual are too blind to see the obvious.

If Soldo plays well in finals I think we could be fielding a lot of offers. I think clubs would be sniffing already, media as usual are too blind to see the obvious.

Definitely possible, but I think holding them for another year or two will add to their value, so unless someone comes in with a ridiculous offer, we should just smile, thank them for their interest and send them on their way.

You would imagine one of Nank or Soldo will look to move on at the end of next year if either spends the majority of the year in the 2s. I can't imagine a scenario where both can play in the same team, especially with Chol and Balta able to play versatile roles with a chop out in the ruck.

With CCJ in the wings and likely to be more than ready by the end of next year it's hard to see us retaining both of the established pure ruckmen.

Nank’s injury has been a blessing in terms of opportunity and development. Coming into the season I would of said we were f’ed if Nankervis got injured. I was pretty sure Soldo would get slaughtered and Chol would never get a game.

CCJ looked to have more talent but just showed how far he was off being ready. Incomparison to Chol and Soldo, who while showing inexperience, looked ready to compete physically.

Well i've seen CCJ's game for us when we had our injuries and were desperate for players to make the Team...and i reckon from what I saw...CCJ's as slow as Soldo. All I could see was a lumbering plodder...imo both Grundy and Gawn would run him off his feet...

Well i've seen CCJ's game for us when we had our injuries and were desperate for players to make the Team...and i reckon from what I saw...CCJ's as slow as Soldo. All I could see was a lumbering plodder...imo both Grundy and Gawn would run him off his feet...
20 year old who has to put on 12kg's of muscle by his second year and not yet able to run with it who doubles the possession and mark rate of all our rucks at VFL level. The speed will come, maybe not Grundy like but quicker than Soldo and probably on par with Nank. Hands like buckets.

CJ debuted as a 19 year old beanpole out of necessity while our first 3 ruck choices were unavailable.

At the same age he's tracking pretty similarly. He has massive potential. He's an elite contested mark, can rack up the touches and depsite being a fair bit shorter than those two he still gets plenty of hitouts, and kicks goals. I really hope he's an untouchable.

737052 737055

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 74
Definitely possible, but I think holding them for another year or two will add to their value, so unless someone comes in with a ridiculous offer, we should just smile, thank them for their interest and send them on their way.

That’s the ideal, but if clubs come sniffing with decent offers we will have to look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant see either ever becoming regulars from here. Soldo too one dimensional and chol too weak in the contest.

Id be keeping ccj before both of them.

Soldo one dimensional he was pushing back in defence and pushing forward and kicking goals he aren't the old player your thinking off improved massively only question is his knee now our best tap ruckman to.CCJ needs games , but let's not get ahead ourselves.

Soldo one dimensional he was pushing back in defence and pushing forward and kicking goals he aren't the old player your thinking off improved massively only question is his knee now our best tap ruckman to.CCJ needs games , but let's not get ahead ourselves.
He's a dinosaur. We should offload him if offers come.

Could see becoming a good player.

Reckon chb
No game sense or match awareness.
Athletes aren't automatically footballers.
Runs to bad possies and has no physicality.

He covers ground well and has a lovely kick. Unfortunately for him he is inconsistent and looks lazy.

Not good enough for a top team. Would be a good fit at north

No game sense or match awareness.
Athletes aren't automatically footballers.
Runs to bad possies and has no physicality.

He covers ground well and has a lovely kick. Unfortunately for him he is inconsistent and looks lazy.

Not good enough for a top team. Would be a good fit at north
He's an athlete but agree doesn't like the physical stuff and hence won't make it. Someone of his size and physical body size should hurt people when taking grabs. He's too timid and had plenty of chances. Delisted at end of the year

Aliir Aliir will be 27 years old before the season is finished

Who would have thought 4 years ago he would be the player he is today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back