What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic example of someone in the media reading the end of game stats rather than watching the game. Is there any Dogs fan out there that thinks Hunter should be AA? I doubt it. Meanwhile, Crozier has been possibly our most reliable player. It’s weird he doesn’t get noticed more by outsiders. Really glad Bevo named him last night.

I saw Lachie Hunter kick on his right foot a few games back. I was amazed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's been a lot of 'no one wants to play the Dogs' chat in the media in the last couple of weeks, especially since Sunday night.

Shades of 2017 when Sydney went into the finals after going 15-2 from Round 7 and then got rolled in the semi-final...

There's been a lot of 'no one wants to play the Dogs' chat in the media in the last couple of weeks, especially since Sunday night.

Shades of 2017 when Sydney went into the finals after going 15-2 from Round 7 and then got rolled in the semi-final...

Yep. There is alot of hype surrounding us at the moment and if 2016 hadn't happened I wonder if we would be getting this much of a pump.

The bigger the hype the bigger the fall when it all goes to s**t.

In saying that I am excited but fear of what happens if we get rolled in a big way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This time I can see the pre finals bye working against us - it kills our momentum, and will allow our opponents to regain a number of key players. In fact I can see the Giants doing what we did in 2016.

Confirmation of winning the Coaches award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st of many awards for the Bont - wonder if he will do the Charlie double?

This time I can see the pre finals bye working against us - it kills our momentum, and will allow our opponents to regain a number of key players. In fact I can see the Giants doing what we did in 2016.

I feel like that too, but I’m a natural pessimist about this stuff. Alternatively, we get a rest after being up for multiple weeks in a row where we needed to win to keep finals alive. Refresh and then kick on.

I can’t see how we’re a third of the price of the giants for the flag - at full strength (which they will virtually be) they’ve troubled most teams. I suppose there’s confidence we could win four in a row and they’re unlikely to.

Classic example of someone in the media reading the end of game stats rather than watching the game. Is there any Dogs fan out there that thinks Hunter should be AA? I doubt it. Meanwhile, Crozier has been possibly our most reliable player. It’s weird he doesn’t get noticed more by outsiders. Really glad Bevo named him last night.
What I found funny is that by all appearances Bevo thinks Slobbo is an absolute gimp. It was like Bevo and Woody were having their own private joke at Slobbo's expense.:D

I love Crozier as much as anyone but lets be serious, he isn't in the AA squad of 40.
I disagree. In my view he is a victim of our poor first half of the season. If we had been higher up the ladder and not kicked so inaccurately in so many games (none of which was his fault) then I think he would have been in the squad. Outside of the big three I think he has been our best player. How many times again on the weekend was he the person intercepting the kick into their fwd fifty. I lost count of how many times the commentators said “marked again by Crozier”. And this wasn’t a one-off performance, he has been consistently that good all season. He is very underrated by the media and everyone outside the Bulldogs whereas some of the Richmond and West Coast defenders get a lot more air time. Houli made the AA squad along with Grimes. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve it and Grimes in particular has been outstanding, but so has Crozier. I’m so glad that Bevo made a point of mentioning him. I would definitely have him in ahead of Hunter.

That's one way of looking at it. I prefer
to look at the break as a positive, not dissimilar to the mid season bye.
We have all seen the positive results since.

Players get an opportunity to rest and recover from minor niggles.

With Crozier, it feels like every game I'm turning to one of my mates and saying "Gee he's been a great pick-up". Does so many good things that we just didn't see at Freo. Cannot remember him getting beaten many times this season, if at all.
Same here. I have similar thoughts with Duryea as well. I was very underwhelmed when we got him but he's been terrific imo

Crozier has only lost a handful of contests all year, he doesn't get a mention because he doesn't get cheap 30 disposals a game

That's one way of looking at it. I prefer
to look at the break as a positive, not dissimilar to the mid season bye.
We have all seen the positive results since.

Players get an opportunity to rest and recover from minor niggles.

I was being a little facetious - with the ongoing myth that the pre-finals bye was responsible for our 2016 triumph (along with the umpires).

It will help GWS get a couple of extra players back, but it sounds like Cogs will still miss.

THE WESTERN Bulldogs famously proved that anything was possibly during their fairytale 2016 finals campaign.But Bulldogs forward Aaron Naughton doesn't need to take the word of his premiership teammates to know that; he witnessed it first-hand. As the Dogs broke their 62-year flag drought on the first day of October three years ago, Naughton was in the MCG crowd after playing in the Under-17 NAB Futures game earlier that day.

A little over 12 months later, he would be drafted to the Bulldogs with pick No.9 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft. "I was actually sitting in the crowd that day," Naughton said. "It was pretty exciting to see what they experienced but it's a very different group this time around."

Although that premiership was just three seasons ago, only eight of the flag-winning 22 played last weekend against Adelaide, with an additional four (Dale Morris, Tom Liberatore, Tory Dickson and Caleb Daniel) on the injury list.Naughton will be one of up to 11 Bulldogs who will run out in their first final against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday – a moment he admits he has been dreaming about for some time."I definitely have (been dreaming about final footy). Obviously I play footy to hopefully at one stage win a flag, and to play finals every year is the aim," the 20-year-old said."I'm definitely looking forward to running out there in my first final and having a really good crack at it."

Naughton's opponent is likely to be Giants co-captain and star defender Phil Davis.The pair went head-to-head for the whole match just a fortnight ago, in the Bulldogs' 61-point win in round 22.Honours were pretty even at the end of the contest, with Naughton held to eight disposals, five marks and 2.2."We had a pretty solid match-up," Naughton said.

"Obviously he's experienced and a very good defender and I'll be looking forward to that match-up no doubt."

The second-year Bulldog has had a fantastic season, leading the League in contested marks (53) and kicking 30 goals from 22 games.

THE WESTERN Bulldogs famously proved that anything was possibly during their fairytale 2016 finals campaign.But Bulldogs forward Aaron Naughton doesn't need to take the word of his premiership teammates to know that; he witnessed it first-hand. As the Dogs broke their 62-year flag drought on the first day of October three years ago, Naughton was in the MCG crowd after playing in the Under-17 NAB Futures game earlier that day.

A little over 12 months later, he would be drafted to the Bulldogs with pick No.9 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft. "I was actually sitting in the crowd that day," Naughton said. "It was pretty exciting to see what they experienced but it's a very different group this time around."

Although that premiership was just three seasons ago, only eight of the flag-winning 22 played last weekend against Adelaide, with an additional four (Dale Morris, Tom Liberatore, Tory Dickson and Caleb Daniel) on the injury list.Naughton will be one of up to 11 Bulldogs who will run out in their first final against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday – a moment he admits he has been dreaming about for some time."I definitely have (been dreaming about final footy). Obviously I play footy to hopefully at one stage win a flag, and to play finals every year is the aim," the 20-year-old said."I'm definitely looking forward to running out there in my first final and having a really good crack at it."

Naughton's opponent is likely to be Giants co-captain and star defender Phil Davis.The pair went head-to-head for the whole match just a fortnight ago, in the Bulldogs' 61-point win in round 22.Honours were pretty even at the end of the contest, with Naughton held to eight disposals, five marks and 2.2."We had a pretty solid match-up," Naughton said.

"Obviously he's experienced and a very good defender and I'll be looking forward to that match-up no doubt."

The second-year Bulldog has had a fantastic season, leading the League in contested marks (53) and kicking 30 goals from 22 games.
It's getting to the point where we've got nearly as many people in the current team who were in the crowd that day as on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back