Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m going to be spending most of the finals discrediting the AA selectors.

Nothing will change. Won’t serve any purpose. But atleast they’ll know the majority of fans think they are jokes.

Again, after they baared Lindsay Thomas in 2013 the award fully lost all credibility and that was 6 years ago.

Rankings adjusted for points against ranking instead of ladder position:

Pykie those are pretty interesting numbers you have put up and are worthy of discussion, but you are on a hiding to nothing arguing with the disingenuous morons on the main board.

The only way any of our guys are making AA is on the back of team dominance and finals.

Inb4 But Higgins; (an anomaly, pure and simple).

First time since he started at North that he hasn’t required post season surgery!

Hopefully it allows him to have a full pre-season, and he’ll kick 80+ next season
10 goals in his first 4 games, most games with 100% TOG, runs more than any other forward in the comp. Not sure his preseason was an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 goals in his first 4 games, most games with 100% TOG, runs more than any other forward in the comp. Not sure his preseason was an issue.

It’s not his running capacity that will improve its his strength. He has been limited with his strength development over the last few years because of hip, knee and elbow surgeries.

If he can get a full run at preseason and get more time in the gym, he’ll go to another level next year.

It’s not his running capacity that will improve its his strength. He has been limited with his strength development over the last few years because of hip, knee and elbow surgeries.

If he can get a full run at preseason and get more time in the gym, he’ll go to another level next year.
He's not a one on one wrestling type of player. Sure it will help but can't see it helping that much. He's also not a great ground ball player, which is why he will struggle to kick more than 60.

Larkey will be AA before Brown.

He's not a one on one wrestling type of player. Sure it will help but can't see it helping that much. He's also not a great ground ball player, which is why he will struggle to kick more than 60.

I suspect about 800 players will struggle to kick more than 60.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

[QUOTYep E="outwecome2play, post: 62587664, member: 165725"]
I reckon the team was decided on before the Port game. At that time Ben was probably only a couple of goals ahead of Hawkins.
It's time for a computer to pick the team as it won't be bias.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. The whole AA selector thing is a wank fest with the usual suspects fronting up for the free crayfish. It would have much more credibility if the team was picked from AFLCA votes. 3 highest voting small and tall forwards, tall and small backs, highest voting ruckman and the 9 highest voting midfielders all get blazers. The selectors can put them in positions - but definitely no crayfish!

As we all know Browny began strongly in 2018 like Hawkins did this season and finished poorly in 2018 as Hawkins also did.
So what do the selectors do? Use Brownys poor finish to 2018 against selecting him, whilst on the other hand using the goal assists bullshit to validate Hawkins spot for 2019.

Darling should also be nowhere near this team but for some reason it’s Hawkins spot that Ben could have only taken.

I remain steadfast that Darling and Hawkins are on my radar this finals series. * Richo and * Lingy.

EDLbJCPUcAA4Z8f

False. You’re just parroting a media narrative there. Browny’s always been surprisingly nimble at his feet for a bloke as big and gangly as he is, he manages to kick his fair share of goals from quick gathers at the feet and snap.

As we all know Browny began strongly in 2018 like Hawkins did this season and finished poorly in 2018 as Hawkins also did.
So what do the selectors do? Use Brownys poor finish to 2018 against selecting him, whilst on the other hand using the goal assists bulls**t to validate Hawkins spot for 2019.

Darling should also be nowhere near this team but for some reason it’s Hawkins spot that Ben could have only taken.

I remain steadfast that Darling and Hawkins are on my radar this finals series. fu** Richo and fu** Lingy.

It is interesting that the WA media was all over Darling in first half o the year, bemoaning his poor form and questioning what had happened to him.
Similarly, Hawkins' slow finish to the year wasn't a factor, seemingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back