Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow. Considering draft order isn't finalized yet (hence why I said currently) and there are still likely to be a couple early academy/father-son picks to be added this is a pointless exercise.

You can find duds and bargains for any pick up to the 4th or 5th round. A first rounder is a first rounder. It's what your recruiters do with it that makes it valuable, not what has been done with that pick in the past.

I said currently ;)

Unfortunately it's not up to you. If it's true that we are keen and have been in his ear for a couple seasons now plus the tumultuous situation your club is knee deep in I'd think looking to move to someone like us would be a rather appealing move for him.

It's all hypothetical at this point anyway. Don't stress crows fans. It's just a discussion, don't take it personally. Clubs have shown time and time again that they can produce what is required to get a trade done when they need to.
Probably the only thing I would add is that B Crouch still has another year under contract - so at the very least unless the club got big overs fro him this year, they can just say no and he stays under contract then at the end of next year assuming the crows have a rebuilding year and B Crouch is one of the higher earners, a free agency compo pick straight after our 1st rounder is highly likely and it could be a pick 5 or 6 depending how low we finish. It just does not make any sense to trade him this year (I don't want to lose him full stop as he is a fantastic player and crucial for the crows going forward imo)

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Yeah he ran a sub 3 second 20m sprint at draft camp from memory so he's got pace, he just doesn't seem to use it quite enough. He's definitely alot faster than his brother.
Yeah actually trying to find this years sprint figures

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Keep doubling down on a stupid incorrect comment.
Brad Crouch is not slow.
Never has been.

Just give it up.
Probably not as slow as I make out but is clearly not quick and Adelaide's sprint numbers are shocking
1. Lachlan Murphy: 34.16km/h
2. Rory Laird: 33.37km/h
3. Jordan Gallucci: 32.83km/h

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So a spud and a ruck are your two fastest players.
Woop di do.
Crouch trade aside Markov would be a good, fairly cheap target for Crows. SA boy, elite speed, good tank, good mark. Was one of our best in the VFL when he came back from injury and was moved forward. He's contracted but deserves more game time.

Back