The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great comments by Blight. Mind you, prior to the start of this year, there were alot of supporters on here who would argue we have been one of the ţop clubs in the last 20 years.
21 years is all that needs to be said to them.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Great comments by Blight. Mind you, prior to the start of this year, there were alot of supporters on here who would argue we have been one of the ţop clubs in the last 20 years.
We have been a very competitive footy club over the last 20 years. Stats don't lie. Unfortunately, we just haven't been able to get the ultimate job done, and that has been very disappointing. One GF in 20 years from a 56% Win-Loss ratio is a severe under-achievement.

But, on a week-to-week basis, the club has given us good value over the last 20 years. 55.82% restful sleeps vs. 44.18% tossing-and-turning.

Now, shall we talk about Carlton's last 20 years?

Correction: that should read 3 minor prems for Geelong.

Last edited:

40porpoise

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why has Burns been rejected a couple of times for a senior coaching position? What’s his coaching philosophy? Don’t know a lot about him.

My requirements for next coach include a good tactician, an innovator, and dare I say it somebody with a bit of personality ala Phil Walsh

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Why has Burns been rejected a couple of times for a senior coaching position? What’s his coaching philosophy? Don’t know a lot about him.

My requirements for next coach include a good tactician, an innovator, and dare I say it somebody with a bit of personality ala Phil Walsh

I know that we chose Sanderson over Burns in 2011 because Sanderson promised to not make any wholesale changes to the list while Burns told the club in his interview that he wanted to rebuild to squad.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I know that we chose Sanderson over Burns in 2011 because Sanderson promised to not make any wholesale changes to the list while Burns told the club in his interview that he wanted to rebuild to squad.
Burns might get his chance now if he were to get the job

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good day for the club. Chapman, Burton, Campo, Hart, Fagan, Reid, Riccuito and Hass can all go as well.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reid why??

Done far more good than bad
Bryce Gibbs. Was Reid intimately involved? Who knows but he was his ex manager. What other players has Reid traded to the club as well? Reid is also part of list management with Burton and Roo. This dept has been the major failing of our club.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Bryce Gibbs. Was Reid intimately involved? Who knows but he was his ex manager. What other players has Reid traded to the club as well? Reid is also part of list management with Burton and Roo. This dept has been the major failing of our club.
No it hasn't, that's total rubbish.

He got overs for Lever, he got overs for Cameron (at the time), he has landed us our best ever pick by taking a risk at the draft table.

Bryce Gibbs a year ago finishes high in the BnF and it looked like it was marginal overs. Yep it's turned pear shaped this year but he's got far more credits in the bank than that.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
No it hasn't, that's total rubbish.

He got overs for Lever, he got overs for Cameron (at the time), he has landed us our best ever pick by taking a risk at the draft table.

Bryce Gibbs a year ago finishes high in the BnF and it looked like it was marginal overs. Yep it's turned pear shaped this year but he's got far more credits in the bank than that.
Still didn't answer the question. What A grade players has he traded into the club? I can answer it for you. None.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Still didn't answer the question. What A grade players has he traded into the club? I can answer it for you. None.
I gave you examples of things he's done right which you've ignored. That's your prerogative but let's not pretend he's done an awful job by any means.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
he has landed us our best ever pick by taking a risk at the draft table.

Given our disastrous end to the season, this hasn't quite turned out to be the masterstroke that we were all hoping for. I'm sure Carlton fans are more than satisfied with the way things panned out in the end.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Given our disastrous end to the season, this hasn't quite turned out to be the masterstroke that we were all hoping for. I'm sure Carlton fans are more than satisfied with the way things panned out in the end.
What they got is largely immaterial.

You'd swap 8 and 19 for 3 every single day. If they are more than satisfied that shows you the expectations of their footy club.

Reid made a blunder on Gibbs, but there's more to his job than 1 trade.

weneverland

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought it was because Sanderson promised a 'spike' in performance and we could make the finals the following year.

Back