The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton had huge debts when they were in the premier league. Been struggling since they went down.

A club like Villa, if they hadn't been rescued, could very easily have ended up in the same situation.

Looking at the figures involved with Championship clubs, makes you wonder what would happen if the bottom fell out. There's been so many near misses.

You have to wonder about Bury in particular. Read today that their owner has run around 50 companies,. 80% of which have gone bust and been stripped.

Apparently refused a deal on 20th August apparently that would have saved the club because he thought he could negotiate a better deal in selling the club.

Gee that was quick......

At fault for both of Salah’s goals, but nothing Luiz did on Saturday was outside the norm of what we expect from him in terms of defensive positioning and decision making.

Arsenal knew what they were getting when they bought him, talented footballer, but zero football IQ.

Luis Enrique's 9 year old daughter has died of bone cancer. RIP

Her treatment was the reason he quit as Spain's national team manager earlier this year (although it wasn't disclosed at the time at his request)

Translation:
"Our daughter Xana has passed away tonight at the age of 9 years old after a struggle of 5 intense months against an osteosarcoma.

We give thanks for all the samples of sweetness we have received during these months and appreciate the discretion and understanding.

Also thanks personally to the hospitals San Joan de Deu and San Pau for the dedication and treatment from the doctors, nurses, and all the volunteers. And a special mention to the team of palliative care of San Joan de Deu.

We will miss you but we will remember you every day of our lives with the hope that in the future we will meet again. You will be the star that guides our family.

Rest well, little Xana"

Question - Does Kloop get a stature outside Anfield if he wins the Premier League title for Liverpool (for the first time since the league was rebranded from the old divvy one) ?

I closely follow Leeds so don't watch many Premier League games anymore closely especially since Flogtus got the streaming rights, but for an unwashed bum looking hobo, he seems to have done a remarkable job in making Liverpool a global football powerhouse again.
The bloke is a legend in my eyes but one European Cup and one League title doesnt really get you a statue outside the ground. Even Paisley doesnt have a statue and he won 6 League titles and 3 European Cups.

The only bloked immortalised with a statue outside of Anfield is the great Bill Shankly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not talking about statue's here but I'm glad Klopp is immortalised on this banner in the Kop.
the-image-of-liverpools-german-manager-jurgen-klopp-is-added-to-a-of-picture-id1160482929

There'll be more Burys ahead. England doesn't have the demand for 100 odd professional clubs.
Definitely enough money in football for the current structure. It's just spread out too unevenly

I think only Liverpool fans would take Gerrard ahead of Silva.

That's not to say they couldn't function in the same team together though.
Disagree with that. They couldnt be more different when it comes to midfielders though. Gerrard all day long though. Power, technique, leadership, pass, tackle, good in the air. He could do everything at a super high level. Silva is absolute world class too though.

EFL clubs on average spend 106% of income on wages. Either wages go down or clubs are doomed.
Clubs have still got to manage their money, but much more could come from the top end of the game.

Saw a graph the other day, the disparity between the league's has shot up over the past twenty years.

Even it out a bit more and the lower league clubs get much needed funds, and there isn't the big incentive to jeopardise your club chasing promotion.

It's kind of startling that United haven't won a League Title since Whiskey Face Retired ..

Hate the bloke, but getting a new found respect for what Sir Alex Ferguson achieved at Man Utd.

Admittedly United seemed to have been a lot more powerful before the Blazers bought them, I just don't think we ever seen that kind of dominance in the EPL from any team again under Fergie's reign at Man Utd.

Probably deserves more respect and recognition in hindsight (well not from Man Utd fans, everyone else)

Also, I don't think Ole is the main problem at Utd currently, that Woodward plonker has a lot to answer for.

For me, MUFC have to be bold and creative in the next transfer window, they have been too conservative for too long, why not plunk millions on an young unproven big league kid like Final to again ?

Fergie was many things, but conservative wasn't one of them (when it came to spotting talent)
We all know im a die hard Red but even I know SAF is the GOAT of managers. And I ******* hate him, but I do respect him hugely.

His longevity does help though. Which is no mean feat. Bob Paisley did unreal things at Liverpool but only managed us for 9 years before retiring. For SAF to do what he did for long was amazing.

and there isn't the big incentive to jeopardise your club chasing promotion.
Could start with spreading out the EPL relegation parachute payments and having the EFL's version of FFP be enforceable in the EPL also. The fact that a club can get off scot-free from violating the rules if they get promoted is ridiculous

Disagree with that. They couldnt be more different when it comes to midfielders though. Gerrard all day long though. Power, technique, leadership, pass, tackle, good in the air. He could do everything at a super high level. Silva is absolute world class too though.
I said it doesn't mean they couldn't function together meaning, they would work as a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back