Toast Shaun Burgoyne 200 games...and more to come in 2020!

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope playing 400 games is not one of his considerations. That’s just selfish and frankly, ridiculous. It’s just a number.
True.
But only 4 players in history have ever got there.
I hope he makes it.

Agreed.

Silk is worth the risk of a longer contract.
It’s not worth bending our standard process or culture though.

Offer him 2 years and the next guy who gets to 33 and is going ok wants a 3yr contract. It sets a precedent.

We offer 1yr contracts for guys 30+ and it works for us.

Heaven forbid we consider bare numbers and throw sentiment and history to the wind.

After 25 years membership I'd love to see something other than that come into consideration, thats just joining in to Gills $$$ way if running the thing.

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Il explain it further for the simple then; injured and at the end but still contracted
That can happen at any age when we offered birch the contract he had been fairly durable. So really not the same no matter which way us simple folk see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute champion. 1 on 1 still elite in the competition. Good luck to him and hope he beats the playing record. P.s if your kids end up being any good you better point them back to the nest.

Silk deserves anything, anything Silk wants. It’ll crush me to have him leave - but if this is best for Silk then (begrudgingly) so be it.

Thanks for absolutely everything, Silk. I hope you crack the 400.

RoughandLove saying his gone

It was tough when Sammy and Tazz left
It was worse when hodge went
It was sad when ruff retired but this......

There are not enough superlatives to describe this guys career at the hawks and the pain and sadness I’m currently feeling
Is RoughandLove 100% sure from accurate sources, heard an interview today when he said it was still in the balance?

Is RoughandLove 100% sure from accurate sources, heard an interview today when he said it was still in the balance?

Well I’d be happy if that’s the case
It’s a pretty big carrot they are dangling and a tough one to turn down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back