News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kane Cornes Article on a summary of the bottom 10 teams.
St Kilda - Go Marching Back

St Kilda finished 14th in season 2019 which resulted in another sacked coach at Moorabbin.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be much to look forward to anytime soon for Saints fans. Not even the acquisition of Fremantle’s Bradley Hill on a ridiculous contract can sell any hope for a sharp improvement.
Season 2020 will be another year without September action.

Not much to look forward too is harsh.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

St Kilda finished 14th in season 2019 which resulted in another sacked coach at Moorabbin.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be much to look forward to anytime soon for Saints fans. Not even the acquisition of Fremantle’s Bradley Hill on a ridiculous contract can sell any hope for a sharp improvement.

In the same segment he also claimed one of the reasons we have nothing to look forward too is our lack of young key position players.

Got a good laugh out of that line.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda

While David King is completely inept and usually wrong when it comes to St Kilda, I don’t even pay Kane Kornes the respect of reading his articles anymore. The guy is clueless and while I dislike David King, I can see what he brings to being in the media. I can’t say the same for Cornes. He is the product of being a medium sized fish in a small pond.

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

Surely, that's a ghost writer? I would have that words stuff was way too difficult for Cornes?

PandaG

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surely, that's a ghost writer? I would have that words stuff was way too difficult for Cornes?
He credibility is not great. He also played himself saying at the end of 2018 that the Lions had no chance of making finals in 2019. He admitted he was wrong but to be so wrong (really smashed into the lions in the 2018 grab saying the had no chance of getting any better) then there is a big chance he will be wrong again. To me, Cornes loves a headline and his broad footy knowledge is questionable.

He also went on the say the Blues are ready for a big 2020 and 'look the goods'...firstly so they should be. They have more first round picks on their list than GWS and have been on the bottom for over 25years.

But his assesment on the blues should have been 'They continue to fail in attracting talent to he club and also sacked a coach this year, not to mention they came third last and traded away their pick 3! ANYONE can win games when it doesn't matter' So his glowing assessment on Carlton's 2019 year was laughable and further discredits his ability to comment on any team outside SA.

In short Cornes has a long way to go.

But until we win games on Saturday and Friday nights no-one will really rate us. Like the Lions our footy needs to do the talking.

Anyone see the article on the Herald Sun written by Mick McGuane on the Saints?
He rates all the players at the end and rates Battle and Paton as.....poor 🙄

Oh, Paddy Mc was poor too...go figure.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone see the article on the Herald Sun written by Mick McGuane on the Saints?
He rates all the players at the end and rates Battle and Paton as.....poor 🙄

Oh, Paddy Mc was poor too...go figure.

I'm thinking did this idiot even pay any attention to our season at all? It was a baffling read, it genuinely felt like he had no idea about the team. Had Wilkie as poor, if I remember rightly too.

I'm thinking did this idiot even pay any attention to our season at all? It was a baffling read, it genuinely felt like he had no idea about the team. Had Wilkie as poor, if I remember rightly too.

I read the article....his player ratings were to say the least....baffling.

I often wonder if a lot of these media clowns actually do any quality research.

One suspects they don't.

I read the article....his player ratings were to say the least....baffling.

I often wonder if a lot of these media clowns actually do any quality research.

One suspects they don't.

Glad I'm overseas and didn't read the article

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Seriously, who gives a tinkers toss what those clowns think? Ex-footballers from a bygone era. Bet they need helpers to get dressed. They probably half-watched about 2hrs of our season and dictated their opinions in a stream of consciousness into their phone in the car driving to the bottleshop.

Irrelevant.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
86BEFFFA-7092-4301-8CF3-F45D3719ABF4.png

27E6D26F-45BF-4AD0-96F3-41CDD754800E.png

Someone PLEASE tell me this is just someone taking the piss?

Hind and Armo above AVG?

Billings and Steele AVG?

Wilkie and Hunter Below AVG?

BATTLE POOR?
FMD

It's says according to Champion data, wondering what stats they're focusing on to class Battle as poor? Points conceded? One percenters? I'm genuinely curious.
The same ones that rated Sinclair as an elite player. Any champion data rankings are a load of crap.

Once again the Herald Sun is trolling any Saints fans dumb enough to read the Herald Sun.

It’s why I always take any “expert” opinion with a huge pinch (oxymoron, I know 😉) of salt.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

It seems like these wonky skulled sub specimen primates see St.Kilda as nothing more than a dumping ground for their s*it flinging contests. I was showing a few mates over here in Ireland a couple of articles written about us, and highlight footage...they couldn't get over the blatant vitriol towards the club. Even some of the footage where we WON games, they commentated favourably and showed more footage of the losing team. "You're up against a bunch of c*nts...let alone other teams." Was my personal pick of my Irish comrades comments. It was nice to feel vindicated. It's not just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back