Dusty misses out? lolwut
-
-
Ben Cunnington lolololol
-
-
Gawn props not needed. Also he looked cooked as Hogan at the presentation
-
Hurn missing ceremony (apparently injured v Hawks, didn't want to risk aggravating it by flying)
-
-
Fyfe as captain over Hurn?
-
-
#freekickhawthorn
-
-
The fox commentators
-
-
Hurn was watching the bachelor

Reserve your bricks for WA media. Cop this latest:

To salvage some joy from tough times, I bought the Sunday Times to read about Eagles' thumping. Not a word. Instead the Live Ladder showed 'game yet to be played' asterisk (despite ample time to run the story). There's a new level of rat cunning, I thought.

Wrong.

Opened the West just now thinking, at least we'll have AA plaudits for Fyfey, Sonny. Wrong again! We get a pic of Fyfe in Hurn's shadow headed 'All-Australian controversy rages as Fyfe beats Hurn for captaincy'...

It'd be funny if it wasn't so scary. As an old print journo I see the distortion of fact and manipulation of public opinion for what it is. Sadly, thousands don't. It's a miracle we have ANY members let alone 50,000....
I thought after Lyon was sacked, they would think 'mission accomplished' but no. The selection of Letters to the Editor have continued to be negative . Now it is Fyfe's turn to cop it. The West never lets up.

Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Fyfe just impresses me more and more when he, his family, and friends, has to put up with that sh5t in his home town after doing nothing more than giving his loyal best, even when his coach is run out of town and he deals with bs about his place of employment week after week. You don't hear him whinging to anyone, he remains completely professional in the media, even when they make up rumours about him. I had a chat at New Years with him and then out surfing a couple of days later. He was the one trying to get my attention out in the surf to give me a thumbs up and say hi again. Zero prima donna. Time for anyone and everyone, even on his personal time. Quality human being. His parents must be very proud.

Media saying that Freo should engage media more, using the Wildcats as an example. The increased fan engagement (particularly kids) I get, particularly when they're playing interstate. But to say that Freo need to be more accessible to a media environment such as what Freo lives in is a bit rich without the media environment meeting Freo half way.

Media saying that Freo should engage media more, using the Wildcats as an example. The increased fan engagement (particularly kids) I get, particularly when they're playing interstate. But to say that Freo need to be more accessible to a media environment such as what Freo lives in is a bit rich without the media environment meeting Freo half way.
Hard to compare as the Wildcats are the most successful club measured by championship wins in the NBL and we're not. So it's easy to engage the fans who want to be involved and explain how their membership increased from 4000 to 10000 when they moved to the Perth (RAC) Arena

It comes across as a fan piece for the ex CEO Nick Marvin who pushed primary school community involvement and Wildcats squad members would spend 350 hours in the community each year — 200 above what the collective bargaining agreement required.

It also comes across as a slap down for the Dockers media dept. :oops:

But someone needs to be able to sell the message.

Too often the Dockers have been criticised in the media when it is either unwarranted or has come about because of the ineffective delivery of its messaging.

The Fremantle board is full of well-credentialed business people, but no-one with a clear understanding of how the modern-day media operates.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08...remantle-dockers-into-afl-juggernaut/11462738

Hard to compare as the Wildcats are the most successful club measured by championship wins in the NBL and we're not. So it's easy to engage the fans who want to be involved and explain how their membership increased from 4000 to 10000 when they moved to the Perth (RAC) Arena

It comes across as a fan piece for the ex CEO Nick Marvin who pushed primary school community involvement and Wildcats squad members would spend 350 hours in the community each year — 200 above what the collective bargaining agreement required.

It also comes across as a slap down for the Dockers media dept. :oops:

But someone needs to be able to sell the message.

Too often the Dockers have been criticised in the media when it is either unwarranted or has come about because of the ineffective delivery of its messaging.

The Fremantle board is full of well-credentialed business people, but no-one with a clear understanding of how the modern-day media operates.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08...remantle-dockers-into-afl-juggernaut/11462738

I enjoyed this article, a different take on a complex issue that holds some truths.

I agree that the Wildcats isn't a great comparison, but there's certainly a great deal the club could be doing to win new supporters, and winning games is only one aspect of that.

Part of Ross's sacking has been attributed by Alcock to 'dissatisfied fans'. I know hand-picked talk back callers and Social Media dummy-spats aren't reflective of the majority supporter base, but the former coach and club could be doing a bit more in building communalism with the supporters.

Ross had every right to hate on media-Eagle, but he forgot that they're the ferryman between us and them. How many times were supporters here reflecting on Ross addressing the supporter base the way other coaches had? Instead he told us he 'never coached better'. Maybe so but that's means nothing to us at home if the evidence isn't there, we need to feel connected to you, your message and the entire club.

That might not be a problem for BF supporters because we're hard-core and unlikely to jump nest, but the 20,000 empty seat gap that separates a sell out to partially filled stadium certainly are.

We have to like the coach, the players and the club and as lame as it sounds, we need to be talked to.

I'm not necessarily saying we need to hike it to every red dust remote community, but there's something more that needs to be given. People on BF want Longmuir because of his impressive 10 year track record in coaching.

The man on the street doesn't know that though, and they want him in because it reminds them of a couple of passionate moments that resulted in an after the siren goal win and a stacks-on into the crowd. That's short sighted but that's what the villagers want.

And guess what? To achieve that relationship with the people Hardie and Hackdorn aren't the effing gatekeepers. If you want to reach your audience in 2020, there's a million different ways.

I enjoyed this article, a different take on a complex issue that holds some truths.

I agree that the Wildcats isn't a great comparison, but there's certainly a great deal the club could be doing to win new supporters, and winning games is only one aspect of that.

Part of Ross's sacking has been attributed by Alcock to 'dissatisfied fans'. I know hand-picked talk back callers and Social Media dummy-spats aren't reflective of the majority supporter base, but the former coach and club could be doing a bit more in building communalism with the supporters.

Ross had every right to hate on media-Eagle, but he forgot that they're the ferryman between us and them. How many times were supporters here reflecting on Ross addressing the supporter base the way other coaches had? Instead he told us he 'never coached better'. Maybe so but that's means nothing to us at home if the evidence isn't there, we need to feel connected to you, your message and the entire club.

That might not be a problem for BF supporters because we're hard-core and unlikely to jump nest, but the 20,000 empty seat gap that separates a sell out to partially filled stadium certainly are.

We have to like the coach, the players and the club and as lame as it sounds, we need to be talked to.

I'm not necessarily saying we need to hike it to every red dust remote community, but there's something more that needs to be given. People on BF want Longmuir because of his impressive 10 year track record in coaching.

The man on the street doesn't know that though, and they want him in because it reminds them of a couple of passionate moments that resulted in an after the siren goal win and a stacks-on into the crowd. That's short sighted but that's what the villagers want.

And guess what? To achieve that relationship with the people Hardie and Hackdorn aren't the effing gatekeepers. If you want to reach your audience in 2020, there's a million different ways.
I would have thought one good way would be to regularly provide articles on the Freo FC website. It gets disseminated through their twitter, insta and Facebook reaching most reasonably dedicated supporters one way or another, and you get to get your message out to your members and supporters without the spin and clickbait controversy of the media. I'm surprised more don't see it as important enough to do it.

I would have thought one good way would be to regularly provide articles on the Freo FC website. It gets disseminated through their twitter, insta and Facebook reaching most reasonably dedicated supporters one way or another, and you get to get your message out to your members and supporters without the spin and clickbait controversy of the media. I'm surprised more don't see it as important enough to do it.

I don't think this is enough though. It's all based on relationships and the word on the street is that we are not good at this. We can't just ignore the media because the club thinks it gets a raw deal. We need to take better control of this to get stories that work for us coming from outside the club.

The teams that are good at the media have a relationship with them such that the stories look like honest reporting but it's really propaganda in disguise. The Eagles obviously do this but the better Vic teams do this as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article on the back page of the West Australian today (I found a copy and was cutting it up to use as emergency toilet paper). Tucked away in the last paragraph, it seems the West Coast WAFL team was granted approval to plat Jarrod Cameron in the final this week end even though he did not meet the criteria. No comment, no hysteria, just a small paragraph hidden away.

I wonder what the reaction would have been had that been a Dockers players seeking special approval to play for Peel?

What is it with these s**t stain toast supporters and media, we now have Fyfe being asked questions about who should of been the AA captain when he should be enjoying the accolade , no wonder we have players with mental issues not saying Fyfe has but you wonder why with scum of the earth people in society.
An issue about nothing. Basil big nose has been making a mountain out of this on Channel Eagle and 6PR.

I couldn’t give a flying rats arse who is captain in the team. Buddy was made captain ahead of Hurn last year so he just had to be anointed. I’m sure Hurn couldn’t care less and he is more focused on getting himself fit for the finals and Fyfe himself came and said that he is humbled to be in the team and would be happy to hand the captaincy onto Hurn or Pendlebury or any number of All Australian players named in the team.

There are a couple of million much bigger issues happening in the world I would have thought.

Interesting article on the back page of the West Australian today (I found a copy and was cutting it up to use as emergency toilet paper). Tucked away in the last paragraph, it seems the West Coast WAFL team was granted approval to plat Jarrod Cameron in the final this week end even though he did not meet the criteria. No comment, no hysteria, just a small paragraph hidden away.

I wonder what the reaction would have been had that been a Dockers players seeking special approval to play for Peel?
It would have unnecessarily become an issue bigger than Hurn not being named All Aus Captain.

Spread accross back page with Tabloid headline no doubt
Then a picture of an Eagle visiting a charity

An issue about nothing. Basil big nose has been making a mountain out of this on Channel Eagle and 6PR.

I couldn’t give a flying rats arse who is captain in the team. Buddy was made captain ahead of Hurn last year so he just had to be anointed. I’m sure Hurn couldn’t care less and he is more focused on getting himself fit for the finals and Fyfe himself came and said that he is humbled to be in the team and would be happy to hand the captaincy onto Hurn or Pendlebury or any number of All Australian players named in the team.

There are a couple of million much bigger issues happening in the world I would have thought.
Its just Smarmy Slimey Basil showing his Love of his channels prefered partner
Scoring points
As long as media organisation aligns themselves with one team in a two team town we can only expect them to pile sh2t on us at every opportunity

I checked and he's played 9 games for the bin chicks. However he may have missed some through injury or soreness on the back half of the season which may have made him ineligible through WAFL rules. This was announced during the week along with both Duggan and Hutchings not been given permission. Duggan played 2 and Hutching 1 so fair enough, even though they've both had injuries.

Jarrod is a talented 19 year old who hasn't set the world on fire at WAFL while learning his role and good luck to him!

I'm sure one of our young players who played 9 games at WAFL would be given the same permission and most probably we had players playing in a WAFL Premiership who had played far less WAFL games in the home and away.

The decision was fair because Cameron has still played a tonne of WAFL football this year. There's two other Eagles players who got denied because they had too much AFL experience this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back