4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Richmond people are going to make a lot of noise

Lions supporters need to make more.

Even if they have their full quota of 14,250 we should still have them outnumbered

Hopefully the bandwaggoners know how to ROAR properly
Well that's the thing, I'm not sure whether we sold out our allocation or whether they gave some left overs to lions fans. I haven't got an answer to that yet.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Well that's the thing, I'm not sure whether we sold out our allocation or whether they gave some left overs to lions fans. I haven't got an answer to that yet.

Yeah it's interesting. The uptake by Tigers supporters will no doubt depend on a number of factors, like 1) how much they are willing to part with their hard earned to travel and 2) how quick they were off the mark when the tickets went on pre-sale

Regardless ,I doubt we'll have you guys outnumbered by anything like the same proportion that you had us outnumbered at the G last Sunday. There are probably at least a thousand Tigers supporters with Lions Memberships who are going to still support their "old" club. It's one of the challenges that "non Football" states continue to face.

Also,one of the disadvantages of having a smaller ,limited capacity ground like the Gabba as the venue for a big Final is that it sells out quickly and limits the home crowd advantage somewhat.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why don't they make the allocation, say, 60-40 in favour of the home team? Or even 70-30?
Regardless ,I doubt we'll have you guys outnumbered by anything like the same proportion that you had us outnumbered at the G last Sunday. There are probably at least a thousand Tigers supporters with Lions Memberships who are going to still support their "old" club. It's one of the challenges that "non Football" states continue to face.

Didn't even think of this. Bigfooty has been an eye opener into what the QLD AFL scene is really like.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How do I send an e ticket to another phone. I have both on mine and wont be getting to the ground at the same time
You can email it from the Ticketmaster website by going to your tickets. Easy process to follow. The receiver has to accept the ticket and by doing so the barcode details will then change for them.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
‘(GF) Tickets will be allocated via ballot on a next best available basis and therefore members can receive either category 1-7 reserved seat, restricted view seat or standing room* ticket.’

Surely Priority 1 members wouldn’t cop a restricted view or standing room ticket. Surely..

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
You can email it from the Ticketmaster website by going to your tickets. Easy process to follow. The receiver has to accept the ticket and by doing so the barcode details will then change for them.

Yeah that’s what I did, simply selected the ticket to forward from my account and off it went. Simple process.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Just got email from the club re Grand Final ticket process... appears as though Group 2 is a ballot and not guaranteed, when I ordered an extra ticket over the phone a month ago (3 game plus September) was verbally told pretty much as a matter of fact that if you are a September Member (even with 3 game) you sit within allocation and therefore are guaranteed.

‘(GF) Tickets will be allocated via ballot on a next best available basis and therefore members can receive either category 1-7 reserved seat, restricted view seat or standing room* ticket.’

Surely Priority 1 members wouldn’t cop a restricted view or standing room ticket. Surely..

"Next best available".

8,000 September members (priority 1) of a 24,000 (IIRC) allocation - I'm willing to bet there's not 16,000+ restricted view or standing room tickets being allocated to a participating team, so no, priority 1 members wouldn't cop those seats.

Just got email from the club re Grand Final ticket process... appears as though Group 2 is a ballot and not guaranteed, when I ordered an extra ticket over the phone a month ago (3 game plus September) was verbally told pretty much as a matter of fact that if you are a September Member (even with 3 game) you sit within allocation and therefore are guaranteed.

I think they'll be projecting that those who want to intend from Groups 1 + 2 will probably be less than the overall allocation to the club, i.e. not guaranteed but very very likely to be ok. GWS has had similar disclaimers when they made prelims.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grand Final Tickets Club e-mail.
It is interesting that the Registration dates are prior to playing in the Prelim Final.
So if we win on Saturday night a "foregone conclusion", we register on Thursday 12th Sep between 8am and 11am.
But if we lose against Richmond but win in the Semi Final in week 2, the registration date is Thursday 19th Sep also between 8am-11am
Either way we lose the $5 registration fee.
Just checked, daylight saving in Vic starts Sun 6th Oct. So that thankfully does not come into calculations
Edit- Sorry the above times are for Priority 1

Priority 2 times 12pm to 3pm
Priority 3 times 4pm to 7pm

Last edited:
I've got my email saying I'm priority two but I bought a September membership at the end of July to add on to my full memberships. I thought I was supposed to be priority one.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've got my email saying I'm priority two but I bought a September membership at the end of July to add on to my full memberships. I thought I was supposed to be priority one.
Well if you paid a full 11 game Season Membership then added a Septemper Membership to that than you are a Priority 1. Contact the Club tomorrow to sort it out.
Three game membership, 11 game flexi membership, who added a September membership upgrade are Priority 2. Are you either of these ??.

Well if you paid a full 11 game Season Membership then added a Septemper Membership to that than you are a Priority 1. Contact the Club tomorrow to sort it out.
Three game membership, 11 game flexi membership, who added a September membership upgrade are Priority 2. Are you either of these ??.

Gold 11 game premium member. I can see where the money was taken out for September membership on my card but can't see any sign of it in my membership portal.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gold 11 game premium member. I can see where the money was taken out for September membership on my card but can't see any sign of it in my membership portal.
Just checked into my Lions Membership Account. Mine just lists one Invoice. When i click on the Invoice, it has a description "Queensland Reserved Seat Membership" Sect & Seat numbers and a $ amount. No indication of how many games even though it's 11.
Their is no Invoice listed for the $40 September Membership i paid. However i did receive a e-mail receipt at the time.
The Club's e-mail to me indicates i am Priority 1 even though i can't see the $40 invoice.
Ring the Club Wednesday. I am sure they will sort it out for you.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes so how much would that come to in $ terms.
That's 4 teams x what the Grand Finalist teams allocation is/Clubs September numbers + all other possibility's.
Maybe it is as simple as 100,000 X $5
I reckon thats the minimum amount you would get. Imagine Richmond or Collingwood if still around imagine all the members registering for those teams. Don't know how many certain criteria member pools they would have ( ala our september member certainty) but as done by ballot you will have s**t loads of members registering. I presume they could have 40,000 members registering each for whatever allocation given? Easy big money for ticketing company.

How do I send an e ticket to another phone. I have both on mine and wont be getting to the ground at the same time

I rang Ticketmaster today and they emailed out the printable version as we couldn’t separate out the electronic tickets and we won’t all be arriving at the same time.

_bonza_

Debutant
Aug 14, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has anyone heard anything about the uncaged squad? Can't find any info about it in terms of where to go, thought I would have heard from the club by now

Back