Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Chatter on our board that he could be a potential a target. Who knows, would add some extra steel to our midfield.
On field fully agree, but can't help but think that'd be an awful situation for him off field...

He needs strong people around him, he's better for being with Boak, but the attractions in the GC... hmmm he's a front page headline waiting to happen unfortunately.

FWIW I'm a fan of him.

Rumours we’re into him, but I’m not enthused. Would prefer someone who has good disposal.

Could follow Ryder to Essendon if he comes home?

I'm not fussed about his poor disposal just need him to win the ball out of the middle blokes on the outside like Parish,Heppel etc can deliver the ball

Last edited:

Yes but that 1 missing Ingredient is any ability to effectively dispose of the ball
This is in incorrect, he is capable of some seriously good kicks. Sometimes rushes his disposal and doesn’t take time to compose himself. Needs a good coach to put the time in to taking his game to another level.

Certainly capable of taking his game to A grade level.

He has a questionable friend circle I believe, but from all accounts has a good attitude and has just been dealing with family/personal problems this year. GC need mature bodies, and I think they could offer him enough $$ to get him up there. Plus i think Dew and Evans have turned around that party boy culture up there.
Sam said today he wants to remain at Port Adelaide.

I doubt he moves this year...but Port are smart to shop him - someone may over pay if they fail to land anyone else in a pretty shallow market this year.

He will be playing somewhere else within a couple of years though, that’s a given.

He’s definitely more of a Freo type than an Eagles recruit though.

Don’t want him. Would rather go for someone like Rupert Willis From Collingwood. Cheaper and doesn’t butcher it as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would happily have him. At least when he turns it over its 50m up the field. Have to get the ball to turn it over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back