Malcolm Blight declares this is the ‘weakest’ he’s ever seen the Adelaide Crows

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Worse when they finished 4/5 years in the bottom 8, got banned from the draft for losing Kirk Tippett?

Not really. Hyper cringey rant. Sure they need tovre-tool, punted on some mature age players, signed some players for over their net worth and it didn't work.

Crisis? Piss off Mal. They made the grand final, fell flat. Had a horrific year last year due to injuries. Retooled and fell over. Happens to a lot of clubs. They'll cull some names then I trust in 2/3 years they'll be back competing.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Bro why does it hurt your feelings so much that I'm not deleting my account?
My feelings aren't hurt but if you were happy to big note yourself and make out you knew something then when the truth was revealed you should stick to your word.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
My feelings aren't hurt but if you were happy to big note yourself and make out you knew something so when the truth was revealed you should stick to your word.
Or.. your feelings will be hurt?

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worse when they finished 4/5 years in the bottom 8, got banned from the draft for losing Kirk Tippett?

Not really. Hyper cringey rant. Sure they need tovre-tool, punted on some mature age players, signed some players for over their net worth and it didn't work.

Crisis? p**s off Mal. They made the grand final, fell flat. Had a horrific year last year due to injuries. Retooled and fell over. Happens to a lot of clubs. They'll cull some names then I trust in 2/3 years they'll be back competing.
Hey mate don't come on BF talking logic like a mature adult

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Traveled 2 weeks in the 97 finals series and the whole 4 weeks in 98. Just the thought of that travel would have broken fragile Richmond. They can't even travel down the road to Etihad.
Yet when fragile Adelaide had to travel in 2017 they got the completely flogged, anyway when was the last time Adelaide beat a half decent team away?

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The non voting rights of members means board becomes lazy and unanswerable and then defensive to any criticism.

Appointments often look inwards as any real outsider represents a threat to current cosy arrangement.
Jeez. This is rob Chapman (AFC chairman) to a tee. He has been a cancer to the club since tippetgate (he should have been dumped on the spot along with trigg), but instead they ignored the members and kept on giving lip service.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually feel sorry for the Crows.

Their coach and development coach died. Sorry to bring that up but it happened.
Brisbane (via the AFL) nicked their head of football and maybe the best administrator in the game.
Brisbane nicked their next gun forward.
Carlton took their suddenly unhappy future key forward.
Lever left (but whatever) on the back of Gunston, Davis etc.

They were probably the best recruiters and developers of talent in the league and not too bad at trading in players either.

The strength of their side in 2017 was their forward line and it's either gone (McGovern and Cameron), going (Betts and Douglas) or ageing and slowing down (Jenkins, Walker, Lynch).

They should be better through the midfield and in the backline but what other team in the comp has just lost an entire section of the ground in under 2 years?

I actually feel sorry for the Crows.

Their coach and development coach died. Sorry to bring that up but it happened.
Brisbane (via the AFL) nicked their head of football and maybe the best administrator in the game.
Brisbane nicked their next gun forward.
Carlton took their suddenly unhappy future key forward.
Lever left (but whatever) on the back of Gunston, Davis etc.

They were probably the best recruiters and developers of talent in the league and not too bad at trading in players either.

The strength of their side in 2017 was their forward line and it's either gone (McGovern and Cameron), going (Betts and Douglas) or ageing and slowing down (Jenkins, Walker, Lynch).

They should be better through the midfield and in the backline but what other team in the comp has just lost an entire section of the ground in under 2 years?
But why has it happened? We aren’t talking about a fledgling football team in hostile territory, but a team that 2 years ago was premiership favourite

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The 2016 and 2017 seasons were the results of the previous men in charge, Sadly the men were lost and things have faded away. The club needs new people in charge, Get some young players in and they'll turn it around in no time.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
But why has it happened? We aren’t talking about a fledgling football team in hostile territory, but a team that 2 years ago was premiership favourite

This in the GF
F8B550C3-56FA-4A21-BE61-20033B6F2563.jpeg

Followed by this at half time
146081E2-0D87-42D0-AD5F-C6630AADDEC9.jpeg

Led to this
6B4EA2E9-16A7-4D3F-8605-4BDBF71B9CBE.jpeg

Don
8C85E82E-E1E8-4EDF-9092-106A29DECFD3.png

How about a camp to toughen them up

Roo
D994D3B1-6A35-4D3F-8FEF-5340BCA5FCFC.jpeg

Yeah, tough is good ... i used to play tough ...

And here we are ...
4F4875DF-7783-40C7-A382-9BDD9E0B1737.jpeg

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Because of the reasons I mentioned, they lost good people and they lost important players - which probably follows losing the good people.

If David Noble was still at Adelaide along with Charlie Cameron and a motivated Mitch McGovern things would be different.

So many of their problems seem to trace back to Brett Burton off field and their ageing flat track forward line on field. The coach hasn't helped things, but if he had a wise voice next to him I bet a lot of problems would've been prevented.

Also Sydney played in the 2016 grand final and 3 years later are right towards the bottom. The Dogs struggles of 17/18 are well known. Hawthorn won the grand final in 2015 and finished 12th in 2017. The Crows playing group were older than many thought, they were ripe for a drop off

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wooden spoon 2020. If not, probably very close and that will be a good thing for Adelaide. 2 older players are out, hopefully more to follow.

They need to smack away the corruption with that wooden spoon and start to become a real football team like Hawthorn, West Coast or Collingwood. A team that is always motivated and does it the tough way and a team that ensures that the players are there to enjoy the game they love. And maybe a premiership to Geelong (Dangerfield) or Brisbane (Cameron, Lyons) in 2019 will make Adelaide more angry and give them a real wakeup call.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It's probably the worst state their list has been in. The situation has been allowed to drift, both list- and selection-wise, as the coach maintained faith in the players that got them to the top two years ago. But you only have to look at how the Crows are playing. They play like an old team. The slick ball movement and high scoring are gone, because the players are no longer capable of it on a regular basis.

They've dropped the ball and IMO it's as simple as the coach being too slow to realise that 2017 was a fleeting moment in time and not an open window.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Wooden spoon 2020. If not, probably very close and that will be a good thing for Adelaide. 2 older players are out, hopefully more to follow.

They need to smack away the corruption with that wooden spoon and start to become a real football team like Hawthorn, West Coast or Collingwood. A team that is always motivated and does it the tough way and a team that ensures that the players are there to enjoy the game they love. And maybe a premiership to Geelong (Dangerfield) or Brisbane (Cameron, Lyons) in 2019 will make Adelaide more angry and give them a real wakeup call.

Bwhahahahahaha!

You think the crows will get the wooden spoon in 2020. Shame on you being a crows fan. Worse case scenaro i see the crows get next season is 13th with 9 wins. They will at worst win 6-8 games at home and 1-2 away.

I am not denying their are problems with the board. To be honest, this crows team should of played finals.

Dont even dare compare this mob anywhere near as bad as the 2013 demons team coached by Mark Neeld, I will report you if you did under trolling.

Back