Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy s**t. How does that even qualify as a fitness test? That's legitimately only going to weed out morbidly obese people and emaciated waifs.

The 5.1 shuttle run is hilarious. You have to get 10 for WA police. Is the fitness test for vic police the same for male and female applicants?

Do they still need to complete the same degree as everyone else?
If yes, what's the problem?

How are they sub par if they complete the same degree??

What an emotional reaction.

The argument should be that it's not fair that a lower ATAR takes the place of a higher ATAR, based on gender.

Yes they do have to complete the same degree.

And for 56% of those attending uni, an ATAR score wasn’t considered

Why is it a problem if women are interested of not?

Veterinary sciences seems to have naturally shifted to being like 75% women and we don't seem to need more men in the field.

This is the question, certainly don’t discourage women from applying for STEM, make sure they are no barriers to them doing so, but if they don’t want to, why try to force them?

This is the question, certainly don’t discourage women from applying for STEM, make sure they are no barriers to them doing so, but if they don’t want to, why try to force them?

Feminists are obsessed with the notion of "equality" which to them means women need to have 50% representation in everything. In the mind of feminists, any occupation that's not split 50/50 between genders is because of "patriarchy" and oppression, not because women are different to men and make different career choices to men. So even if women don't want to be engineers in the same numbers that men do, feminists want women to want to be engineers so they can achieve their "equality."

Feminists are obsessed with the notion of "equality" which to them means women need to have 50% representation in everything. In the mind of feminists, any occupation that's not split 50/50 between genders is because of "patriarchy" and oppression, not because women are different to men and make different career choices to men. So even if women don't want to be engineers in the same numbers that men do, feminists want women to want to be engineers so they can achieve their "equality."
Somehow I don't think they would want 50% representation in workplace injuries and deaths :think:

ATAR score doesn't matter. You still need to complete the degree...

So complaining that female graduate engineers would be sub par, because they might have had a lower ATAR is ... "mindbogglingly simple".

There are plenty of options for anyone with an ATAR too low, to still enter many degrees.
In five years time when the completion rates for women doing an engineering degree are (still) worse than men’s, what will you say when unis propose to lower requirements to allow more women to pass?

Unsurprising to see you in support of a boneheaded idea.

Last edited:
Only in careers that are considered lucrative when compared to jobs that pay average or below average wages/salaries. That's the main reason why radical feminists are so adamant that there has to be an increase in women enrolling and completing scien/eng/it degrees, regardless of whether there's enough young women who really have a passion/interest to work in those fields or not.

You don't see this obsession in lowly paid, relatively speaking, blue collar work such as garbage collectors, house removalists, street cleaners, etc.. Men can keep being over represented in those 'jobs', that's fine by feminists.

In five years time when the completion rates for women doing an engineering degree are (still) worse than men’s, what will you say when unis propose to lower requirements to allow more women to pass?

It won't happen.

Entry is one thing. Degrees are an international standard.

But to answer your boneheaded hypothetical, I'd fight strongly against it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only in careers that are considered lucrative when compared to jobs that pay average or below average wages/salaries. That's the main reason why radical feminists are so adamant that there has to be an increase in women enrolling and completing scien/eng/it degrees, regardless of whether there's enough young women who really have a passion/interest to work in those fields or not.

You don't see this obsession in lowly paid, relatively speaking, blue collar work such as garbage collectors, house removalists, street cleaners, etc.. Men can keep being over represented in those 'jobs', that's fine by feminists.

Of course - when I referred to 50% representation, I didn't clarify that I was talking specifically about the more prestigious and/or lucrative careers because I thought that would be obvious to most people here. You don't hear any noise from feminists about women being under-represented as security guards, taxi drivers, garbage truck drivers etc.

In that scenario, even if unis don't lower the requirements even further, the government will step in and do something to put women at an advantage/men at a disadvantage with regards to gaining entry to university and completing degrees in STEM fields. The government might just make universities put a hold on accepting men's applications into STEM fields, or mandate a 50% female ratio in STEM courses. To anyone who thinks this sounds crazy and would never happen - that's exactly what the australian government already did with regard to direct combat roles in the Australian Defence Force. The results have been absolutely disastrous, of course, but that's never going to stop the feminists in government departments.

In that scenario, even if unis don't lower the requirements even further, they government will do something to put women at an advantage/men at a disadvantage with regards to gaining entry to university and completing degrees in STEM fields. The government might just make universities put a hold on accepting men's applications into STEM fields, or mandate a 50% female ratio in STEM courses. To anyone who thinks this sounds crazy and would never happen - that's exactly what the australian government already did with regard to direct combat roles in the Australian Defence Force. The results have been absolutely disastrous, of course, but that's never going to stop the feminists in government departments.
There are already substantial women in engineering scholarships and have been for over 20 years. It hasn’t moved the needle. Maybe women prefer to do other things than learn about Lagrange equations and stress-strain relationships?

In that scenario, even if unis don't lower the requirements even further, the government will step in and do something to put women at an advantage/men at a disadvantage with regards to gaining entry to university and completing degrees in STEM fields. The government might just make universities put a hold on accepting men's applications into STEM fields, or mandate a 50% female ratio in STEM courses. To anyone who thinks this sounds crazy and would never happen - that's exactly what the australian government already did with regard to direct combat roles in the Australian Defence Force. The results have been absolutely disastrous, of course, but that's never going to stop the feminists in government departments.

I can understand women supporting these policies. It gives them an unfair advantage. But men supporting them is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Do they really think they will get a root out of supporting this nonsense?

I can understand women supporting these policies. It gives them an unfair advantage. But men supporting them is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Do they really think they will get a root out of supporting this nonsense?

I couldn't tell you what their motivation is. When I hear a male feminist like CM86, my first thought is that they were raised by a single mom who brainwashed them into believing how hard women have got it or something like that. Or they're far left on the political spectrum and believe that men are Neanderthals who just want to hold women back. IDK, I'm just a layperson but that's my guess.

I couldn't tell you what their motivation is. When I hear a male feminist like CM86, my first thought is that they were raised by a single mom who brainwashed them into believing how hard women have got it or something like that. Or they're far left on the political spectrum and believe that men are Neanderthals who just want to hold women back. IDK, I'm just a layperson but that's my guess.
Left liberals fear most of all even a slight association with their hated political out-group, therefore will defend arrant nonsense in order to avoid it, against their better judgement.

From what I understand, there has been an increase of women in those positions.

There hasn't been much need for activism in those areas, because for some reason there wasn't as much push back for women entering those areas.

I have no problem with feminism if they would just make up their minds.

Do you want to cut my penis off or enjoy the infinite pleasures it bestows?

Especially when I am masturbating.

Make up your minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back