afl genius

Club Legend
May 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
This bye pre finals has not existed for the last 5 years , iirc.
The whole bye thing before finals is over the top.
The reason we lost those games is the teams we played were simply better than us.
We might be poor after the h & a byes, but this week, all 8 teams have the bye, so it is like rd 1, and our record in rd 1 results is pretty good. That is also after a bye that all teams have.

I think the bye has been around since 2016, big reason why the dogs won the flag as they got a heap of players back

We might be poor after the h & a byes, but this week, all 8 teams have the bye, so it is like rd 1, and our record in rd 1 results is pretty good. That is also after a bye that all teams have.

All but 2 of the games after the H&A bye since 2012 have been interstate, and another one was scheduled interstate but cancelled when Phil Walsh died.

All but 2 of the games after the H&A bye since 2012 have been interstate, and another one was scheduled interstate but cancelled when Phil Walsh died.
Give us just one post bye match versus a s**t GC and play it at KP - would love to see what result we get then

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Give us just one post bye match versus a s**t GC and play it at KP - would love to see what result we get then
I’d like to know how many times we played a team who played the week before, and either hadn’t had their bye yet or had already had it 2 weeks prior.

Seems to be a trend of teams coming off the bye losing to teams who played the week before. I’m sure port played the week prior to beating us.

I’d like to know how many times we played a team who played the week before, and either hadn’t had their bye yet or had already had it 2 weeks prior.

Seems to be a trend of teams coming off the bye losing to teams who played the week before. I’m sure port played the week prior to beating us.
I think it's been once or twice, but not very often

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
I don't know what prep they're doing this week as opposed to what they have done in the past, or whatever voodoo they're conjuring...
and not that I'm superstitious or something, :rolleyes: I hope Enright is giving the pre-game rev up talk this Friday. :thumbsu:

Back