Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Which runs impressed you all the most today with futures in mind?

And was the biggest let down/s?

Steel Prince - came home well, goes in my multiples for MC (not a winning hope though IMO)

Super Seth - along with Dalasan top Guineas hope

Quick Thinker - could be a VRC Derby winning chance

Hartnell- stuck on the rails made ground, without Winx he’ll pick up a good win this Spring, maybe the Turnbull?

Now for the bad
Vega Magic - 💩
Bivouac- 🐐 or 🐈 take your pick
Rosehill track - 🤢🤮🤦‍♂️

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
**** again so sad.

I swear this happened with last fatalities there were 2 close together.
Sadly you're right

The last death from a race fall was Caitlin Forrest at Murray Bridge in October 2014 (Almost killed Libby Hopwood as well)
A few days prior to that Carly-Mae Pye died in a Rocky barrier trial

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Whoever the driver was on Tiger Tara deserves to be hung drawn and quartered. Never understand why the fu** these dumb campaigners sit behind the leader when there's no sprint lane #cheatsonseats
First rule of punting on races BB
Trots are rigged and Dogs are a waste of time

Which runs impressed you all the most today with futures in mind?

And was the biggest let down/s?

Steel Prince - came home well, goes in my multiples for MC (not a winning hope though IMO)

Super Seth - along with Dalasan top Guineas hope

Quick Thinker - could be a VRC Derby winning chance

Hartnell- stuck on the rails made ground, without Winx he’ll pick up a good win this Spring, maybe the Turnbull?

Now for the bad
Vega Magic - 💩
Bivouac- 🐐 or 🐈 take your pick
Rosehill track - 🤢🤮🤦‍♂️

Don't think I saw a single horse that impressed me from a futures perspective today

Steel Prince isn't getting near top 5 in the Melbourne Cup off that run

The Hayes horse was a certainty beat in Super Seth's rate so surely that is not Guineas form.

Quick Thinker - how many Derby winners are storming home first up over 1400 - lets see him not on a complete swamp

Hartnell can run a drum in what shapes as a weak Cox Plate

Qafila looked good - not sure what she is good enough to compete in though - Matriarch?

Biggest let down obviously Alizee and WFA horses in general given So Si Cat was a dominant second - LG and MJ deserve to be the only horses to start single figures in the CP at this stage.

Vega Magic just gone at the game

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I will get shot into oblivion for the following comment. As it infers hype on a horse I’m a fan boi of, however......

So Si Bon isn’t that bad and appears to be running career best form. G1 HCP could be on its way.
Anyone would think Darren Weir has sold his stash of milkshakes

Think So Si Bon disappears into its rightful mediocrity place once we get more into spring

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thoughts for the day. Was wrong about SOJ, Alizee disappointed me. Would sack her except shes going to meet walkers. BHB was good. bit flat footed but worth persevering with. Despatch hung on really well and beat BGTYM home and he might be the Showday/Rupert Clarke/whateverthey call it stakes.
Bivouac victim of the death and also being another one dimensional Godolphin cat.. I know ppl don't agree with me but outside the leader is the worst position in a race and the further the race the worse the position is. Am dirty i put my free bet on Anaheed instead of Exceedence but at least got my bonus bet which as usual ran last! Anyway i am not excited by any 3yo ive seen. Carrying on from hte crap 2yo season from last year. That Adelaide horse might be the best at the moment.
Pippie is very good. Said it before will say it again. At least group 2 standard and might fluke a weak Group 1 wfa sprint if conditions are right.
Super Titus run of the day. Just a shame its in that stable so who knows what it will follow up with
Willow is back to his hack best... he is riding terrible
Worst ride of the day and its not even close, Ruuca at EAgle Farm race 5 no 4. He fair dinkum cost it 10 lengths in the run and got beaten a neck. Am Shocked BB wasnt on it.

Surprised you didn’t like SOJ sort of your profile horse

Roll those 2 into a multi is $3.30 not bad bet you think iluvparis ?

I've seen worse $3.30 shots get rolled today

no-no-wink-tiffany-girls-generation-oh-music-video.gif

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If those official times are correct be ready for some big(incorrect) calls about how good SOJ was. Wind has played a huge factor as apparently dropped off for 2 races and then picked back up. 14L faster overall time than the other 2 1400m races says something wrong.

If those official times are correct be ready for some big calls about how good SOJ was. Wind has played a huge factor as apparently dropped off for 2 races and then picked back up. 14L faster overall time than the other 2 1400m races says something wrong.

Yeah and So Si Bon is the next Battash :rolleyes:

Back