Game Day Richmond v Essendon Qualifying Final Punt Road Oval Saturday 31/8 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not like some other Essendon supporters who are like "oh well"

The club is stuck in mediocre and I'm sick of it

It's funny mate, some people get on you for being passionate, ditto Kelvin_Sheedy, but you cannot be denied your passion for the club.

very true.. You were brilliant front runners. Once you get on a roll, you just can't be stopped.
We didn't score after hitting the front. 🌈

Great effort by our lads considering we played all our AFL-listed players ahead of some of our best and most seasoned VFL players like Beasley, Ballard and Silvestro. We'd be a better team if those three played ahead of three of Miller, Moore, Collier-Dawkins, Turner or Markov.

There’s a lot to be said for a margarita on a hot balmy night. Delicious.
Strawberry margaritas , stuffed jalapenos battered and fried
Carne asada burritos, third generation tequila
Flan de queso,, sopapilla,
Good company even better sound system
Some nice gunga,,, summer nights
In a Mexican restaurant garden after
All the customers gone home,
Life was so good back then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching the replay. Can't remember a game where a Richmond team were that far down at 3 quarter time and managed to win. Love Nank's competitiveness and never say die attitude. He looked stuffed but willed himself and the team over the line. Easily our number 1 ruck and a nice kick to win the game. Some pretty disappointing efforts from players who I would have thought would be chomping at the bit for a possible place in the Seniors like McIntosh, Chol, Naish to name a few. RCD and Miller aren't even near being ready and probably won't make it. Pickett showed glimpses but it took him a while to get going. Garth was ok at times but didn't set the world on fire. Thought we were beaten solidly around the ball until the last quarter, Ross did some nice things though.

Strawberry margaritas , stuffed jalapenos battered and fried
Carne asada burritos, third generation tequila
Flan de queso,, sopapilla,
Good company even better sound system
Some nice gunga,,, summer nights
In a Mexican restaurant garden after
All the customers gone home,
Life was so good back then

I enjoyed a life of limited responsibilities and social vices once upon a time. Now i am the enemy. White, bald and middled aged. I’d love to have a hot tub time machine for just one weekend around 1995. We were allowed to have opinions and had a sense of humour back then. A time before social media and the innerwebz. Just imagine that again.

RCD and Miller aren't even near being ready and probably won't make it.
Yeah, Im getting a little pesimistic on RCD. I know it's early but signs arent that great that he is going to a be a big accumulator. Some nice tackling today but he tends to spectate a bit much for my liking.

Hopefully if he puts on some more muscle over the off season it might change.

aezav9S.png

I enjoyed a life of limited responsibilities and social vices once upon a time. Now i am the enemy. White, bald and middled aged. I’d love to have a hot tub time machine for just one weekend around 1995. We were allowed to have opinions and had a sense of humour back then. A time before social media and the innerwebz. Just imagine that again.
That would be awesome, absolutely awesome

Selected side for the first final

B: 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith, 42. R. Garthwaite, 50. M. Pickett

HB: 33. K. Mcintosh, 38. N. Balta, 45. P. Naish

C: 37. C. Menadue, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 28. F. Turner

HF: 39. J. Aarts, 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 21. J. Townsend

F: 31. O. Markov, 25. T. Nankervis, 36. C. Moore

R: 41. M. Chol, 27. J. Ross, 7. D. Butler

Int: 54. J. Ballard, 53. H. Beasley, 78. D. Coffield, 32. L. English,

46. B. Miller
, 51. S. Morris, 64. T. Silvestro, 16. M. Weller

23P: 55. L. Street

21 AFL listed players running around including Balta and Chol which suggests a bit of a showdown as to who will get the spot in the AFL side for the final. Nankervis at FF would suggest that he is little chance of lining up next week for the AFL. Surely they would want to test his ability to handle the rigours of rucking if they were going to play him at AFL level.

FWIW here is the Bummer line up

B: 49. M. Dea, 36. M. Hartley, 41. B. McNiece

HB: 76. B. Laguda, 30. B. Zerk-Thatcher, 50. J. Tynan

C: 24. J. Houlahan, 39. T. Mynott, 34. J. Long

HF: 70. L. Mckenna, 73. D. Guccione, 55. D. Younan

F: 75. K. Aylett, 16. J. Begley, 12. M. Baguley

R: 74. R. Bowman, 40. W. Snelling, 23. D. Myers

Int: 68. N. Dixon, 59. A. Heppell, 77. H. Hocking, 56. D. Landt, 62. N. Lazzaro,

57. D. Marshall, 65. E. Sibbald, 72. T. Smith

23P: 54. M. Day
Obviously an amazing comeback and a great win but based on names only in respective teams you would think Richmond had them well and truly covered. Uneducated statement on my behalf as I have not seen any VFL games. Have just started reading the posts and will be interested to read people’s Opinions who watched the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back