Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you use that criteria for trade value then Silvagni should charged with robbery for the Gibbs deal, as proven in his 2 years at Adelaide. He didn’t even deserve 2 first rounders for his underwhelming history tbh.
He’s a bad example though because Adelaide fooled themselves into believing they were contenders off one good season.

So a bit like Collingwood paying two first rounders for a broken down 28 year old Dayne Beams?

People's opinions on how good brad is or how good he isn't is irrelevant

If a club wants brad it's all about the compensation we receive

There is zero discussion brad becomes an RFA next year and is contracted this year

There is zero debate based around wage alone Adelaide will receive a first round pick dependant on where they finish as an RFA

The only prediction needs to be where will Adelaide finish

Adelaide simply will not trade him for less than what they predict they will get as an RFA

To think otherwise means you aren't thinking

No different to the fact Geelong had to pay more than RFA compo for danger or he would have been forced to go as an RFA and the cats wage bill on danger would have been far greater than what they are paying

Most would say we will get 5 or 6 for brad as an RFA

So how much more will they want this year than pick 5 or 6

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think I just stated that if you received better than a mid 1st rounder then it is paying more than you would get if he went as a RFA. I don's see Crows dropping to the bottom of the ladder next year, so no point discussing a compensation of pick 5 or 6. What also needs to be considered is the quality of draft compared to when you get those traded/compensation picks, while considering other possible targets. If Grundy was a realistic target this year, then the sum of all parts plays a factor in total ins and outs

If you use that criteria for trade value then Silvagni should charged with robbery for the Gibbs deal, as proven in his 2 years at Adelaide. He didn’t even deserve 2 first rounders for his underwhelming history tbh.
He’s a bad example though because Adelaide fooled themselves into believing they were contenders off one good season.

While Gibbs was older, he did have more versatility as a player, thus the trade value, although I do believe Crows paid slight overs

That is not the view of the coaches this season..in his first real full season since 2017. He is a far better player than gibbs and we all know how much he cost. So anyone thinking bargain can look elsewhete and a mid 1st in value is way under value

You are putting way to much weight on one season. At the same age, he is no where near a better player than Gibbs. Again, you need to re-read my original post, I said if you extracted more than a mid 1st rounder, you should do the deal, but don't think he has a similar value to the likes of Neale or Shiel as comparisons, because he doesn't.

There's absolutely no benefit for us to trade him this year. Keep him for another year and get an early first as compensation when we finish towards the bottom of the ladder next year. There's enough examples now of players being held to their contracts and Brad will be another of those that will unless a really good deal comes about.

You won't finish near the bottom next year, I would still back your club to be in that 7-12 range next year, but you do need to be bold and target the right players. I disagree, players are no longer being held to their contracts, especially a year out from free agency, as we saw with Neale, Shiel, MAy to name a couple. Unless clubs can re-sign these players, they are more open to trading them as the return outweighs compensation picks in most cases

Hahaha..didn't your messiah say that you have to pay a premium for a player under contract. Something like 2 x 1st rounders. Thanks for supporting me on here

Yes, exactly the opposite of what crows fans here were saying. But now the shoe is on the other foot, the delusionalists are back at their best. Pity is no one wants Crouch that badly

I think I just stated that if you received better than a mid 1st rounder then it is paying more than you would get if he went as a RFA. I don's see Crows dropping to the bottom of the ladder next year, so no point discussing a compensation of pick 5 or 6. What also needs to be considered is the quality of draft compared to when you get those traded/compensation picks, while considering other possible targets. If Grundy was a realistic target this year, then the sum of all parts plays a factor in total ins and outs

While Gibbs was older, he did have more versatility as a player, thus the trade value, although I do believe Crows paid slight overs

You are putting way to much weight on one season. At the same age, he is no where near a better player than Gibbs. Again, you need to re-read my original post, I said if you extracted more than a mid 1st rounder, you should do the deal, but don't think he has a similar value to the likes of Neale or Shiel as comparisons, because he doesn't.

You won't finish near the bottom next year, I would still back your club to be in that 7-12 range next year, but you do need to be bold and target the right players. I disagree, players are no longer being held to their contracts, especially a year out from free agency, as we saw with Neale, Shiel, MAy to name a couple. Unless clubs can re-sign these players, they are more open to trading them as the return outweighs compensation picks in most cases
Now we are getting somewhere

The whole discussion should be about predicting where Adelaide will finish next year

You do realise we are having an external review because alarm bells are more than ringing they are blazing out

Even loyal crows supporters have us to having around 14 th or lower

The thread should be trying to determine our next years placement then you can determine brads trade requirement

Clearly you didn’t read my earlier post which suggested he arguably had a better year statistically than Danger and Kelly (both kicked more goals however, I’ll give them that).

People love to shower them with praise because their team finished top and are members of the eternally untouchable Geelong midfield that apparently gets better every year (note the sarcasm).

Neither of them got anywhere near as much ball as Crouch, nor did they apply anywhere near as much pressure defensively or run as hard both ways. You’re not watching closely enough.

Pendles was AA by default, his selection was laughable. Dusty had a better year than he did and couldn’t make the side. Hell, even Zach Merrett and Josh Dunkley had better years than Pendles. Surely you can admit that?

Cripps had a largely inconsistent season, if you bothered to watch him at all. His form between rounds 9 and 18 was patchy at best, with the exception of round 12 against Brissy who switched off at quarter time.

Yeo? Please. He couldn’t even get his hands on the pill more than 24 times a game on average, as a full-time mid. The only area of his game that more prolific than Brad’s was his improved tackling. And not by a whole lot either.

You’re having a laugh.

I wonder why no team tags Crouch? I wonder why it almost seemed as if Teague had the Carlton players sagging off Crouch? Perhaps he is a non-damaging accumulator.

The Crouch brothers are almost the only midfielders in the comp you would be happy to allow 40 possessions to and know it won’t really affect the game

Yes, exactly the opposite of what crows fans here were saying. But now the shoe is on the other foot, the delusionalists are back at their best. Pity is no one wants Crouch that badly
Hey Geoff give me a prediction on where the crowies will finish next year with the list of players we are losing and the fact the club is in disarray

Hey Geoff give me a prediction on where the crowies will finish next year with the list of players we are losing and the fact the club is in disarray

Hard to know until after the trade period, but after watching the SANFL last night, I can only really see Chayce Jones pushing up to the AFL and being a solid contributor.

Given the likelihood of multiple players on their way out, if they aren’t replaced with mature talent, I can only see the Crows in the bottom third of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to know until after the trade period, but after watching the SANFL last night, I can only really see Chayce Jones pushing up to the AFL and being a solid contributor.

Given the likelihood of multiple players on their way out, if they aren’t replaced with mature talent, I can only see the Crows in the bottom third of the ladder.
So we get pick 6 or better if we make brad see out his contract for next year and send him off as a RFA

What dumbo would trade him for equivelant or anything less this year?

In fact dunstall would smash anyone that did he is doing the review

So we get pick 6 or better if we make brad see out his contract for next year and send him off as a RFA

What dumbo would trade him for equivelant or anything less this year?

I wouldn’t trade Brad Crouch if I was the crows. I would demand more than pick 6, but I doubt any club would pay that.

I would give pick 8 if I was Carlton but I wouldn’t expect the crows to accept that.

What nonsense. That is worse disposal efficiency than notorious butchers SPP and Ollie Wines. As for inside mid, check out his contested to uncontested ratio.

You said 64% “EFFECTIVE DISPOSALS”

Crouch finished 16th overall in the League for “effective disposals”

Is that too difficult to comprehend?

He’s inside-outside. Still wins it at the coalface enough to rank 24th overall in the League for total contested possies.

But please, tell me how I’m wrong again with your non-factual drivel.

Well considering the 18 clubs coaches have voted throughout the year and brad crouch sits just outside the top 20 players in the entire comp. I'll take their rating of him over some opinionated supporter
Please list, of the players I named, who he is better than. Stop deflecting, it's a straight fwd question.

I wouldn’t trade Brad Crouch if I was the crows. I would demand more than pick 6, but I doubt any club would pay that.

I would give pick 8 if I was Carlton but I wouldn’t expect the crows to accept that.
Fair call

I would say next year his salary will go up and cost a club valuable cap space as he will be a free hit trade wise for the buyer so watch how many clubs are attracted to that especially the ones with cap room

Adelaide have a guaranteed pick regardless so will get a great pick and an extra year out of brad

Will be interesting to see how it plays out

I wonder why no team tags Crouch? I wonder why it almost seemed as if Teague had the Carlton players sagging off Crouch? Perhaps he is a non-damaging accumulator.

The Crouch brothers are almost the only midfielders in the comp you would be happy to allow 40 possessions to and know it won’t really affect the game

Teague had every player sagging off our entire midfield because Teague knows as well as anyone they would continually get sucked into the contest and beaten on the outside. It’s the Campo way.

Now we are getting somewhere

The whole discussion should be about predicting where Adelaide will finish next year

You do realise we are having an external review because alarm bells are more than ringing they are blazing out

Even loyal crows supporters have us to having around 14 th or lower

The thread should be trying to determine our next years placement then you can determine brads trade requirement

I am well aware of the review, again your club will work through the changes required, some people will be moved on, others will have their responsibilities altered

I think most supporters of any club are extreme in their views. Many Crow supporters had your side in the top 4, which was overestimating, just like suggesting you will finish bottom 6 next year. You have enough talent, maturity to still have a starting point of a mid table side. So, with that being the case, Brad is worth more now than what he would be as a RFA next year, even if he retains or slightly improves his form

Last edited:
Teague had every player sagging off our entire midfield because Teague knows as well as anyone they would continually get sucked into the contest and beaten on the outside. It’s the Campo way.

I agree, but if you watch how loosely Carlton’s defence was set up, you could almost be certain they were trying to entice the Crouch bros to kick it forward. The defence was set up to attack

Fair call

I would say next year his salary will go up and cost a club valuable cap space as he will be a free hit trade wise for the buyer so watch how many clubs are attracted to that especially the ones with cap room

Adelaide have a guaranteed pick regardless so will get a great pick and an extra year out of brad

Will be interesting to see how it plays out

In my view the Crows would be crazy to let Brad Crouch go, even for a top 5 pick.

He is in his prime and along with Matt are literally carrying the midfield. Despite his lack of polish and hurt factor, he is clearly on of the better mids in the comp.

I agree, but if you watch how loosely Carlton’s defence was set up, you could almost be certain they were trying to entice the Crouch bros to kick it forward. The defence was set up to attack

Mate every oppo sets up their defence to attack us, we’re incapable of locking the ball inside our 50. Our inept coaching panel have us playing such a slow and methodical build up, while our forwards are zoned up so high the minute we turn it over the opposition are virtually set up to score. It’s laughable.

Teams cut through us like butter coming out of defence, without any pressure most of the time.

So a bit like Collingwood paying two first rounders for a broken down 28 year old Dayne Beams?
Stupid move by the club but they believe we’re in the premiership window and at least we got that part right unlike Adelaide that have missed finals 2 years in row.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back