General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmes has probably been a top 5 player on our list over the last 2 years. He's one bloke who can put his hand out
When we made a prelim, that meant something. This year, it means about as much as Matt Jones and Dean Terlich coming top 5 in a B&F. I’ve got no real problems with Harmes as an individual if he wants more money or leaves for more cash. As you say he’s a guy who has put in and as an individual he’s gotta look out for number 1. However, I would’ve been hoping that we’d got to a point where players were wanting team success as a priority. To hear the possibility of players squabbling over money after a campaigner of a year is so Melbourne and it shows all the talk of “we’re hurting too” is just bullshit.

In any other workplace , if the performance of the staff fell away as badly as our club did , you would either be very brave or very stupid seeking a pay rise .
What is concerning me is that there are rumours circulating (thanks social media) which suggest all's not as harmonious amongst the playing group as we would like . While i don't expect every one to love each other , it would be nice if they kept their traps shut , or at least be more careful with who they confide in.

In any other workplace , if the performance of the staff fell away as badly as our club did , you would either be very brave or very stupid seeking a pay rise .
What is concerning me is that there are rumours circulating (thanks social media) which suggest all's not as harmonious amongst the playing group as we would like . While i don't expect every one to love each other , it would be nice if they kept their traps shut , or at least be more careful with who they confide in.

Bound to be a lot of friction after the year we just had - I wouldn't expect the playing group to be harmonious at all. The players would have their own theories on why things fell apart so spectacularly, and I'd imagine in most cases the responsibility for that failure would be directed at the coaches and other players.

Bound to be a lot of friction after the year we just had - I wouldn't expect the playing group to be harmonious at all. The players would have their own theories on why things fell apart so spectacularly, and I'd imagine in most cases the responsibility for that failure would be directed at the coaches and other players.
Bit like a bunch of guys sitting around trying to work out who farted . Who cares , the room still stinks .

Don’t shoot the messenger guys. This has come from the a very close relative of his. Anyway, watch this space.

When we made a prelim, that meant something. This year, it means about as much as Matt Jones and Dean Terlich coming top 5 in a B&F. I’ve got no real problems with Harmes as an individual if he wants more money or leaves for more cash. As you say he’s a guy who has put in and as an individual he’s gotta look out for number 1. However, I would’ve been hoping that we’d got to a point where players were wanting team success as a priority. To hear the possibility of players squabbling over money after a campaigner of a year is so Melbourne and it shows all the talk of “we’re hurting too” is just bulls**t.
Well hold on when did Harmes re sign? He might be in 200k still while Brayshaw and Oliver are racking up 700. He's probably gonna be top 3 for accumulated BNF points in the last 2 seasons so he deserved a little more

Well hold on when did Harmes re sign? He might be in 200k still while Brayshaw and Oliver are racking up 700. He's probably gonna be top 3 for accumulated BNF points in the last 2 seasons so he deserved a little more
He re-signed half way through last year but his form really spiked after his contract renewal so I'd say he is currently being underpaid for his output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard the rumour of Viney not being all that popular with the rest of the playing group?
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me, I could easily see Viney being a fun police type operator, and not everyone would get along at a large footy club. But as the captain it's a bit of a concern.

Has anyone heard the rumour of Viney not being all that popular with the rest of the playing group?
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me, I could easily see Viney being a fun police type operator, and not everyone would get along at a large footy club. But as the captain it's a bit of a concern.
Saw it on *book earlier in the week . Far too much of this stuff being made public for my liking, on a page that is known for posting s**t . I'd be more concerned if Viney has another injury restricted season next year tbo .

Wouldn’t surprise me at all but their job is to win games of football, not be best friends with each other.

I don’t know about that rumour. However, I do know that Viney is a serious competitor who doesn’t suffer fools. When he was much younger he was very disparaging of teammates that he perceived as unprofessional or soft.

I don’t know about that rumour. However, I do know that Viney is a serious competitor who doesn’t suffer fools. When he was much younger he was very disparaging of teammates that he perceived as unprofessional or soft.
He's also a big * off nerd who plays pokemon and fortnight

You know Brayshaw is on a pittance yeah? Lower cash longer years due to his concussion history. 4 years @ 450k per year.

Last I heard oliver, Brayshaw, Gawn, Trac and Viney are thick as thieves. Club kicked their arse this year for ******* about during a training session in NT.

Wouldn't have a clue what anyone's on mate was just picking random examples.
Would Harmes be on 450 yet?

I would have thought that he’s lower because he signed off the rookie list before his boom year last year. I think he’s up next year and he would command $600k. Players are going to have to accept that in three years 80% of them will need to be taking unders to have a successful list. The way it works these days is clubs try to give each player a “payday” contract where they get overs but there next will be unders. This is another reason why Beams pissed the lions off so hard. Took his massive front ended contract and ****ed off!

I would have thought that he’s lower because he signed off the rookie list before his boom year last year. I think he’s up next year and he would command $600k. Players are going to have to accept that in three years 80% of them will need to be taking unders to have a successful list. The way it works these days is clubs try to give each player a “payday” contract where they get overs but there next will be unders. This is another reason why Beams pi**ed the lions off so hard. Took his massive front ended contract and f’ed off!
No way he would be commanding 600k. Harmes has been excellent but 600k is for your gunston, Papley, Duncan players. Harmes has been fantastic the past 18 months, but he isn't into that club yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back