Certified Legendary Thread Discussion arising from Shhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Lewis was the other way?

I heard when we started bringing in others and paying them money to get them through the door, he was pi**ed that he had taken cuts for many years, hence his decision to go after a bigger contract at the Dees.

Im sure he said my thing on AFL 360. Though maybe he was being nice. Or, maybe he was happy taking the "standard" money rather than "pay cuts" but got pissed off that some others pushed hard for increases.

Anyway this is sidetracking a bit.

Still not sold on Patton. I dont know if he is the guy who takes the best defender so TOB, Nash and Lewis continue to develop.

Cogs isnt at all surprising. I assume the ambassador money is the carrot and stick.

My understanding of the “taking unders” was that some players accepted new contracts under the terms of their previous deal. No one ever took a pay cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have to pay Patton's GWS salary if Patton agrees to a new contract with the Hawks on our terms. Neither does GWS.
Not entirely correct.
The amount we pay is deducted from the contract. If the new deal is 450k, but his has deal is 650k, gws will pay the 200k defect.

Its how we got lake for only 1 pick when dogs wanted 2, as we agreed to pay more of his dogs contract.

Not entirely correct.
The amount we pay is deducted from the contract. If the new deal is 450k, but his has deal is 650k, gws will pay the 200k defect.

Its how we got lake for only 1 pick when dogs wanted 2, as we agreed to pay more of his dogs contract.
I would expect that is only if Patton demands the full amount of his original contract. That said, the difference may still count towards GWS' cap. Contracts can be terminated and redrawn when parties agree. In this case Patton seems to WANT to come, so he is not in a position to demand the full original contract value.

They assumed they were in their window and going to win a flag or two.
They knowingly put themselves in this situation banking on getting success out of this list and being willing to bleed players every year to other clubs to keep under the cap.
They've gotten it half right....
My they was GWS... rather than the Swines

Allow me to reintroduce myself, fellow Hawks.

Shhhhh hears that barring some unforeseen surprise during trade week, Patton will indeed be a Hawk in 2020.

Shhhhh has also heard that the HFC are quite happy with where they sit regarding Coniglio, but not so much with the AFL’s involvement.

what was AFL's involvement re Cogs ?

Im sure he said my thing on AFL 360. Though maybe he was being nice. Or, maybe he was happy taking the "standard" money rather than "pay cuts" but got pi**ed off that some others pushed hard for increases.

Anyway this is sidetracking a bit.

Still not sold on Patton. I dont know if he is the guy who takes the best defender so TOB, Nash and Lewis continue to develop.

Cogs isnt at all surprising. I assume the ambassador money is the carrot and stick.

Agreed, but tob the draft after patton

what was AFL's involvement re Cogs ?
Allegedly 1.8million reasons to consider staying once ambassador and third party monies are calculated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shhhhh hears that the club views the 2019 draft as significantly stronger than the 2020 draft.
Although final list decisions are still being formalized, the list management team would like to see the club take additional picks to the 2019 draft.

Does Shhhh know if this strategy is impacted by our potential NGAs next year. Or is that viewed separately.

Does Shhhh know if this strategy is impacted by our potential NGAs next year. Or is that viewed separately.
Shhhhh doesn’t do requests.

Allegedly 1.8million reasons to consider staying once ambassador and third party monies are calculated.
Why is nobody reporting it? Why is Eddie Macguire not up in arms? Why haven’t other clubs called it out?

When Sydney had COLA and used it to lure Tippett and Franklin, Macguire and the Victorian media saw to it that COLA was scrapped and the swans were then banned from trading

In this instance it seems to be people on the internet with all the finer details of Coniglio’s contract yet the Melbourne media and Macguire types (who never miss an opportunity to whinge about favouritism of northerners) remain silent.

It is obviously very possible the AFL kicked some money in at some point but the sort of numbers above are just guesswork. People on the internet are just making assumptions and guessing.

Why is nobody reporting it? Why is Eddie Macguire not up in arms? Why haven’t other clubs called it out?

When Sydney had COLA and used it to lure Tippett and Franklin, Macguire and the Victorian media saw to it that COLA was scrapped and the swans were then banned from trading

In this instance it seems to be people on the internet with all the finer details of Coniglio’s contract yet the Melbourne media and Macguire types (who never miss an opportunity to whinge about favouritism of northerners) remain silent.

Because Maguire believes Collingwood is on the verge of winning a flag and doesn't want to rock the boat with Headquarters.

Because Maguire believes Collingwood is on the verge of winning a flag and doesn't want to rock the boat with Headquarters.
So after Collingwood go out in straight sets he will come out swinging?

What about the rest of the Melbourne media? Too caught up in the Bartel break up to report AFL interfering with free agency?

It is obviously very possible the AFL kicked some money in at some point but the sort of numbers above are just guesswork. People on the internet are just making assumptions and guessing.

Only because GWS gets huge amounts of money, concessions and assistance, but have won nothing.
No one cares unless they actually win anything.

Then watch out for the whinging.

So after Collingwood go out in straight sets he will come out swinging?

What about the rest of the Melbourne media? Too caught up in the Bartel break up to report AFL interfering with free agency?
The media are reliant on the afl for access. They are basically outsourced PR for the league. If the doper saga didn’t teach you that you simply weren’t paying attention.

The only way I could ever see it coming out would be if the player receiving the ambassador payments somehow revealed it which is probably a 0.0001% chance of happening. Even then I’m sure the AFL would have some kind of coverup to fall back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back