Toast Jarryd Roughead joins St Kilda for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

StMiles1

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Welcome Rough!

St Kilda’s football department will be bolstered by recently retired champion Jarryd Roughead in 2020.

The highly sought after four-time premiership star has been appointed to a wide ranging full-time role in the Saints’ football department.

Roughead will be with St Kilda for at least the next three years working across list management, the club’s leadership and mentoring program, performing a match day role and working with some of the club’s emerging key position players.

General Manager of Football Simon Lethlean said it was exciting to have someone of Roughead’s character and experience joining the Saints.

“His football resume speaks for itself and it will be incredibly valuable to tap into his knowledge and experience as we continue to strengthen our football program,” Lethlean said.

“Given the demand for his services, we are obviously thrilled that Roughy has chosen the Saints as the club where he wants to take the first step in the next phase of his football career.”

“He will add huge value to a number of areas in our program, supporting James Gallagher in list management and recruiting, while also playing a key role in developing our young leaders to help drive the standards that are required to win premierships.

“As one of the game’s best key forwards over the past 15 years, we will also utilise his knowledge to support our coaching group, where he will work with our talented young key position players to develop their craft.”

Roughead said he was excited to get started at RSEA Park.

“I’m looking forward to working across the football program and with a really talented young group of players, and contributing where I can to their development,” Roughead said.

“St Kilda presented an appealing role and have a very clear direction in where they want to take the club over the next few years.

“I’m looking forward to getting started and thank them for the opportunity.”

Roughead will join the Saints ahead of the club’s pre-season campaign in November.

Welcome Rough!

St Kilda’s football department will be bolstered by recently retired champion Jarryd Roughead in 2020.

The highly sought after four-time premiership star has been appointed to a wide ranging full-time role in the Saints’ football department.

Roughead will be with St Kilda for at least the next three years working across list management, the club’s leadership and mentoring program, performing a match day role and working with some of the club’s emerging key position players.

General Manager of Football Simon Lethlean said it was exciting to have someone of Roughead’s character and experience joining the Saints.

“His football resume speaks for itself and it will be incredibly valuable to tap into his knowledge and experience as we continue to strengthen our football program,” Lethlean said.

“Given the demand for his services, we are obviously thrilled that Roughy has chosen the Saints as the club where he wants to take the first step in the next phase of his football career.”

“He will add huge value to a number of areas in our program, supporting James Gallagher in list management and recruiting, while also playing a key role in developing our young leaders to help drive the standards that are required to win premierships.

“As one of the game’s best key forwards over the past 15 years, we will also utilise his knowledge to support our coaching group, where he will work with our talented young key position players to develop their craft.”

Roughead said he was excited to get started at RSEA Park.

“I’m looking forward to working across the football program and with a really talented young group of players, and contributing where I can to their development,” Roughead said.

“St Kilda presented an appealing role and have a very clear direction in where they want to take the club over the next few years.

“I’m looking forward to getting started and thank them for the opportunity.”

Roughead will join the Saints ahead of the club’s pre-season campaign in November.

Wowee. What a great get, and a fantastic show of faith by Roughie when he was in demand to choose us. Exciting appointment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back