Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might rewatch The Usual Suspects some day. Didn't do a lot for me when I watched it 4 or so years ago. I'm sure watching it with the wrong aspect ratio (Foxtel) at my parents house didn't help.

Might rewatch The Usual Suspects some day. Didn't do a lot for me when I watched it 4 or so years ago. I'm sure watching it with the wrong aspect ratio (Foxtel) at my parents house didn't help.

It's maybe one of those movies where you appreciate it more when you know what's really going on. Like Memento or Sixth Sense.

Tend to do my 'serious movie' watching alone. If people are walking in and out or banging around in a kitchen it's f’ed.

Same. I thought I would pick a quiet time to watch Once Upon A Time In Hollywood so I rocked up to the 11am showing at the local Village. Only to be told at the ticket office that it was the Mums n Bubs session! Thought I'd got away with it but after all the ads five mums showed up with prams. The lights were turned up and the babies cried from time to time but having kids myself it didn't bother me too much.

Same. I thought I would pick a quiet time to watch Once Upon A Time In Hollywood so I rocked up to the 11am showing at the local Village. Only to be told at the ticket office that it was the Mums n Bubs session! Thought I'd got away with it but after all the ads five mums showed up with prams. The lights were turned up and the babies cried from time to time but having kids myself it didn't bother me too much.

Yeah i thought Toy Story like weeks and weeks after its release (weekday day sesh too) was safe. It was not.

Brightburn.

What if Superman were evil? Good concept but poorly executed. Also,

Last edited:
Brightburn.

What if Superman were evil? Good concept but poorly executed. Also, if Superman were evil he would take out whole cities, not just the odd person.

This is the "What's the last movie you saw" thread, not the "What's the last movie you saw that you've searched for and doesn't have it's own thread already" thread.

I don't want to read a discussion about a film, I just want a logline and a score out of ten for what people have seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midsommar.

I liked it. Kind of a surreal experience being in a theatre for 2 and a half hours watching a horror movie shot mainly in the daytime, it's set in summertime Sweden where it's only dark for 2 hours a day. There's a few try hard "weird" moments which had the cinema pissing themselves laughing, at times hard to tell if we were laughing at or with. But some really well made scenes as well. If that hippy pagan horror kinda stuff interests you definitely check it out.

P.s: bigfooty censors "pissing" lol

The trailer looked very uninspired.

A poor way to go out for the Fox X-Men series it seems. Not sure I'll bring myself to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the Fox acquisition by Disney sabotaged the film. But I doubt it.

Even the Quicksilver and Nightwing sequence fell well short of anything entertaining. Was a waste of a fairly decent Hans Zimmer score however.

Probably best to give it a miss edgie

I read the Fox acquisition by Disney sabotaged the film. But I doubt it.

Even the Quicksilver and Nightwing sequence fell well short of anything entertaining. Was a waste of a fairly decent Hans Zimmer score however.

Probably best to give it a miss edgie

Hans Zimmer has me interested. I rewatch the Amazing Spider-Man movies for his score in them. Brilliant. Strange enough I don't rate most of his more renowned works (Dark Knight, Inception, etc).

Hans Zimmer has me interested. I rewatch the Amazing Spider-Man movies for his score in them. Brilliant. Strange enough I don't rate most of his more renowned works (Dark Knight, Inception, etc).

I liked his Inception stuff back in the day, but it hasn't aged well. His Amazing Spider-Man work and BvS collab with Junkie XL are probably his best comic book work. Dunkirk and Interstellar are amazing too.

I liked his Inception stuff back in the day, but it hasn't aged well. His Amazing Spider-Man work and BvS collab with Junkie XL are probably his best comic book work. Dunkirk and Interstellar are amazing too.
Hans Zimmers score for The Thin Red Line is a real highlight as well

Finally saw A Star is Born. Liked it, didn't love it. And yeah obviously could pick what would happen at the end, within the first 10 minutes of the film.. still very enjoyable and yes, was in tears at the end. 7.5/10

Five Feet Apart. Actually not bad, very similar type of film to The Fault in our Stars. 6/10

Most of his Nolan scores lack central themes, memorable themes to me. They are great at building tension and action and atmosphere, but I would never catch myself humming one like I would say, Pirates of Caribbean or Days of Thunder.

Kes. Remains one of my favourite films of all time. It was on Amazon which we had subscribed to to watch Fleabag so I took advantage and showed my son.

Thick Yorkshire accents with the captions half translating rather than being a clear copy of what they were saying.

The football scene with Brian Glover teaching is one of my favourite scenes ever.

Never knew that Colin Welland who plays the decent teacher that takes an interest in Billy Casper's welfare wrote the screenplay for Chariots of Fire and won an Oscar for it.

10/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back