Recommitted Rory Laird [RFA 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

High-quality player, would need to give up 2 firsts with something coming back. Adelaide would have to be insane to let him go and I doubt anything becomes of it seeing as he's an SA boy.

1356499-ca-br-1-66l-tub-family-classic-vanilla-13320-l.png.rendition.767.767.png

High-quality player, would need to give up 2 firsts with something coming back. Adelaide would have to be insane to let him go and I doubt anything becomes of it seeing as he's an SA boy.

I don’t think he’s worth two firsts purely for the type of player that he is. And for that reason the Crows would be stupid to trade him.

I think the two firsts are reserved for your Judd, Treloar and Lever types.

Whilst Laird is elite at his position, he just doesn’t have the same sort of worth as those guys do.

I think the two firsts are reserved for your Judd, Treloar and Lever types.

Whilst Laird is elite at his position, he just doesn’t have the same sort of worth as those guys do.
Fair call, I was just using someone like Beams at 29 who cost 2 firsts rounders (albeit late) as a reference point.

Might seem harsh but he is kinda in part the reason the crows ball movement looks terrible. Just hacks the ball forward these days.

No club is paying 2 1st for a 29 year old imo. Suns should see if pick 16 is enough to get the crows instereted..

Might seem harsh but he is kinda in part the reason the crows ball movement looks terrible. Just hacks the ball forward these days.

No club is paying 2 1st for a 29 year old imo. Suns should see if pick 16 is enough to get the crows instereted..
29? Do some google research before you post. He's 25.
A top ten pick would be needed to satisfy the Crows. E.g. Hawks pick 10 and 3rd rounder (45) would probably be fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's a very good player but he's not a real game changer IMO to warrant multiple firsts, unless they are late. I think his value is around pick 10.

First round.

Worth more to the Crows than others. Relatively easy position to cover.

I think he's a very good player but he's not a real game changer IMO to warrant multiple firsts, unless they are late. I think his value is around pick 10.
Mid first is exactly where he sits age profile excellent AA twice gets plenty of the footy

Reason he isn't worth more is one of the easiest positions on the ground to play

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Prior to 2019 he was a jet. Despite his size was good overhead would play almost as an intercept defender. Added to that he seemed to add drive, run and a good kick. Not sure if he was a victim of the crows gameplan or that is letting the player off the hook but he was ordinary this year. Seemed like every possession was some meaningless stat kicking across the half back line, not to mention every kick was a 30m rainbow that put teammates under pressure.

I'd be very hesitant paying what the crows would be asking based on his 2019 form.

Typo darl. No chance of a top ten pick for a guy who hacks it forward..

Will actually be 26 come next footy season to
Sounding a little McGovern like - except he's a better player who can run and stay on the park

Prior to 2019 he was a jet. Despite his size was good overhead would play almost as an intercept defender. Added to that he seemed to add drive, run and a good kick. Not sure if he was a victim of the crows gameplan or that is letting the player off the hook but he was ordinary this year. Seemed like every possession was some meaningless stat kicking across the half back line, not to mention every kick was a 30m rainbow that put teammates under pressure.

I'd be very hesitant paying what the crows would be asking based on his 2019 form.
I agree.

He was very good, but has suffered with form due to gameplan, 666 and teams putting time into him.

He's still getting heaps of the ball so hopefully with some new coaching (ie new coaches) he stays here and gets back into form.

Remember, this comes from Andrew (Clarko to Adelaide) Jarman

Lol. He was seen by most clubs as the main ball user of half back who set up our rebound out of defence. Won two AAs off it. Oppo clubs now put a lot of work into him and it is half the reason we haven't had that same rebound we did. But make no mistake about it, he is the best in the AFL in his position and in the years before he made AA he was dominant.
But yeah, he sucks.
What value would you put on Docherty if he didnt do his knees and was multiple AA? Laird is every bit that.

Lol. He was seen by most clubs as the main ball user of half back who set up our rebound out of defence. Won two AAs off it. Oppo clubs now put a lot of work into him and it is half the reason we haven't had that same rebound we did. But make no mistake about it, he is the best in the AFL in his position and in the years before he made AA he was dominant.
But yeah, he sucks.
What value would you put on Docherty if he didnt do his knees and was multiple AA? Laird is every bit that.
Not for sale for laid end of dribble here.

He is a 2 times AA..lever is a 0 times AA

Yep. Lever’s a KPP/3rd tall type who was also a young gun who at 21/22 was playing at a seriously good level and looked like progressing into one of the competitions stars.

Really hope your not trying to make an argument that Laird’s worth two first rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back