News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

☝☝☝

I'd keep him but not on 5. Wouldnt sign anyone on for 5 at this stage. 3 max and with conditions that we are allowed to ship him to the glue factory if he breaks down long term again. He will end up getting 4.

Told Lever we couldn't cough up the $150k per season more he asked(which in total would have still fallen well short of Melbournes offer) because of needing it for Crouch/McGovern. Then beat Gov down telling him the cupboard was bare. Then Payed overs for Gibbs which pissed everyone off.

Net result= FMD.

Last edited:
I'd keep him but not on 5. Wouldnt sign anyone on for 5 at this stage. 3 max and with conditions that we are allowed to ship him to the glue factory if he breaks down long term again. He will end up getting 4.
No club in their right mind would give Bcrouch 5 years. Will be 26 at the start of next season. The question is: Has he peaked? Will his body stay sound? Crows aren't winning a flag in the next 4 years. Would trade brad now for a first round pick before Free Agency.

No club in their right mind would give Bcrouch 5 years. Will be 26 at the start of next season. The question is: Has he peaked? Will his body stay sound? Crows aren't winning a flag in the next 4 years. Would trade brad now for a first round pick before Free Agency.
To answer you question. I don't think he's peaked. Most midfielders play their best footy in the 80-180 game range. Brad Crouch has just hit 83 games, but given his circumstances realistically I think he needs to have another full season in him without injury before we see his 'peak'.

Having said that i'm not against trading anyone if the price is right, Brad very much included.

Oh it seems totally legit that Laird managed to get her as his GF. Wouldn't matter one bit if he played football...

View attachment 738377
You know that some women don't give a s**t about looks, yeah? But na, he's "batting above his weight". Or it could be... he's a lovely bloke that she loves to be around?

I'll take "Reasons why Rory Laird's GF is with Rory Laird" for $1000, thanks
-- 'To be at the top of the masculine food chain in Australia, one plays this sport'
-- *bzz* "What is a highly paid AFL player?"
I just think it sad that you guys automatically assume the only reason the girl is with an AFL player is because he's an AFL player. You sell both of them short IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were they Coopers?
No, it was at little bang brewery.
Can you please repost your rumour?
Eddie offered to, or did, pay some of Gibb's big debt. The club got wind of it and it led to his dropping.

I'd personally say it's total horseshit, but hey, it's the silly season.

I’d give him a 5 year deal.

Age is right.
Talent is suitable

No way. Not with his injury history. I'd only do a 5 year deal with very tight injury clauses.

And the info I've heard is that it's not 5 years that he's after anyway. It's more about $$$ and getting market value. He's currently paid less than he is probably worth due to his last contract renewal happening during his injury problems.

I'm not worked up. Just a little frustrated that this is a go to [position] for many of you.
I think you may be over thinking this one Jen. Most of us couldn't care less about other people's home business, especially relationship motives. And the ones that do, well, its no point trying to change their opinion on an internet forum.

Thats like trying to win a rocking chair race. Lots of work, buy you'll never really get anywhere!

I heard from a player on the weekend that Tex Walker HAS been put up for trade.

Now a few points;
  1. I'm not sure if the player would actually know that
  2. Not sure if they were pulling my leg
  3. I refuse to believe the club would do that and hence I don't believe it is true
  4. I would sack Burton, Campo & Pyke before I would even consider trading Walker.
If it was actually true, maybe the players that have been 'agitators' since last year are the ones being actively moved on. This sounds horrendous and an indictment on the footy department, but maybe the players have gotten too big for their boots??

If I had any faith in Burton etc... I'd be ok with moving on senior players who think they can dictate what happens. But I don't.

I heard from a player on the weekend that Tex Walker HAS been put up for trade.

Now a few points;
  1. I'm not sure if the player would actually know that
  2. Not sure if they were pulling my leg
  3. I refuse to believe the club would do that and hence I don't believe it is true
  4. I would sack Burton, Campo & Pyke before I would even consider trading Walker.
If it was actually true, maybe the players that have been 'agitators' since last year are the ones being actively moved on. This sounds horrendous and an indictment on the footy department, but maybe the players have gotten too big for their boots??

If I had any faith in Burton etc... I'd be ok with moving on senior players who think they can dictate what happens. But I don't.
Didn't some suggest the players have an inside wager going for who can start the best rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back