Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s unlikely he’ll play this year in my own mind, but there is just something about the way he was recruited and the different roles he’s played that says to me they are seriously looking at him too.

It's one of those never say never moments. I think Dimma will be very conflicted for a day or two

Last edited:
As exciting as he may be I just think it’s to dangerous to bring him in.

I wouldn’t be droping a midfielder for him, he doesn’t have the run/chase/pressure presence of his game for him to play as a small forward. Despite him playing a couple of VFL games on the back flank I just don’t think I’d be willing to experiment with someone at this point in the season.

The club won’t be letting him go though, spending the second half of the season with us will have done him wonders, get a full preseason under him and see how he goes!

Can’t see him breaking into the team in finals as it stands but no doubt he’s being looked at in a number of roles if a spot opens up through somebodies misfortune, and for his future.

I think it’s unlikely he’ll play this year in my own mind, but there is just something about the way he was recruited and the different roles he’s played that says to me they are seriously looking at him too.

Match committee are defs having a hard look and frankly I think they are trying to get him into the side but have run out of time. I reckon if that injury had been 2-3 weeks less we would have seen him given a couple of games in the seniors but the way it's worked out we just haven't been able to give him a look. Has barely played in the last 12 months so would be seriously lacking match fitness even though he's been able to run.

I'd be surprised if he isn't playing R1 next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come off it. He was a beautiful kick. The kick to win the GF was from 55m out. Hardly a gimme.

Yes, soft but undeniably a fantastic kick.
Lol you’d reckon we’d just let the kid go off into the sunset now.
Geez I was at a local footy final yesterday and it brought back so many memories of what I hated when I played, all the regulars on the fence just screaming out and admonishing the young blokes for anything and everything ... and the umps! Haha Wowee.
One thing happened that I had no idea about in the under 19 game a team received a 50m penalty because of abuse from the sidelines at the umps!
It’s amazing what footy does to people, blokes I know and have for years just turn into lunatics at the local footy! It’s like nothing you see anywhere not even AFL.

Geez I was at a local footy final yesterday and it brought back so many memories of what I hated when I played, all the regulars on the fence just screaming out and admonishing the young blokes for anything and everything ... and the umps! Haha Wowee.
One thing happened that I had no idea about in the under 19 game a team received a 50m penalty because of abuse from the sidelines at the umps!
It’s amazing what footy does to people, blokes I know and have for years just turn into lunatics at the local footy! It’s like nothing you see anywhere not even AFL.
And your point is?!?! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s why soccer is starting to win the next generations

As exciting as he may be I just think it’s to dangerous to bring him in.

I wouldn’t be droping a midfielder for him, he doesn’t have the run/chase/pressure presence of his game for him to play as a small forward. Despite him playing a couple of VFL games on the back flank I just don’t think I’d be willing to experiment with someone at this point in the season.

The club won’t be letting him go though, spending the second half of the season with us will have done him wonders, get a full preseason under him and see how he goes!
With Meatballs injury concern.He may come into calculations as cover.
Remember Cotch too and his hammy concerns.

Its a tough call, especially given the lack of games coming up at both levels.
VFL have the week off this weekend, but its a tough call to drop anyone for the Brisbane match
Then assuming we win, there's another week off for the AFL team, if the elevated player was to go back to the VFL for the Prelim, would they then miss the VFL grand final for the AFL prelim? By moving those players around, it doesn't give much opportunity for the player who was dropped to earn their spot back that they've had all year.

I'm probably more in the camp to leave the AFL side as stable as possible, maybe bring in Nank for Balta if he pulls up ok, but that's about it.
Then see if anyone can't keep up with the finals pace against Brisbane and needs another option

Pickett for Short is the move we should make

Short has been terrible in finals, Pickett will provide us with some X factor and I would love to see this happen

It would make us better.

Anyone that watched Marlon play on the weekend would have seen he was the classiest player on the field , absolute jet that needs to come into the team ASAP

What he has on Short is Toughness and flexibility/versatility. Pickett is a genuine midfielder that could take his turn in the centre square no problems at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back