Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm flattered you think Adelaide may make the finals next year

But I'm a realist and not delusional our 2017 year was built around tex Betts JJ lynch

Then add sauce Douglas otten

All are pretty much are gone with old age catching up to all

We haven't drafted that well to replace these hugely important players

Our only real player that looks to have something special is Fog, but he is a couple if years away from dominating

We are in rebuild mode we have mchenry and Jones from last year both outside mids though with mchenry having a suspect disposal from what I've seen, Jones could become like a polec

Then we desperately need a replacement for our only AA, squad player who is also getting on in talia

Things need a turnaround at crow land but that's why the chief and pav have been brought in the club isn't delusional either

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am realist too, so I don't get caught up with the extreme short term views

By and large, I think you have drafted well, unfortunately as you mentioned, in the past they may seem to be similar types which has changed recently. I rate Fog, Milera, Jones, McHenry, Himmelberg, Hamill, Scholl, McAdam, Smith, Seedsman, Laird (for where and how they were selected). What I don't understand is why Greenwood and Keath, might be traded, as they either cover a need well and or have a point of difference. I think your club needs to make some tougher calls on senior figures

I have no doubt if you inject and persevere with some youth/leg speed, you will be a mid table side next year

I am realist too, so I don't get caught up with the extreme short term views

By and large, I think you have drafted well, unfortunately as you mentioned, in the past they may seem to be similar types which has changed recently. I rate Fog, Milera, Jones, McHenry, Himmelberg, Hamill, Scholl, McAdam, Smith, Seedsman, Laird (for where and how they were selected). What I don't understand is why Greenwood and Keath, might be traded, as they either cover a need well and or have a point of difference. I think your club needs to make some tougher calls on senior figures

I have no doubt if you inject and persevere with some youth/leg speed, you will be a mid table side next year
I guess time will tell on our drafting

But I gather you didn't watch the SANFL final on Saturday night which had our draftees running around

Jones gooch pohlkoke all played in the centre and got around 13 or 14 possies each

And we were flogged by port

But I gather you didn't watch the SANFL final on Saturday night which had our draftees running around

Jones gooch pohlkoke all played in the centre and got around 13 or 14 possies each

I just don't rate Gooch, never have, Pohlkoke has upside, Jones is extremely underrated

I don't worry about week to week/patches, need to look at these kids over 2-4 years

Edited: Yes I watched it

...in the last quarter

I have seen plenty and while Gooch will still improve, he has some flaws, right back to his junior years, that I am not sure will allow him to get to the level most believe he will

Well if he isnt going to Poholke certainly wont.
At least Gooch has some things that are unique like his good vertical leap.

i think our latest batch of kids are now at least equal or past both

Somewhat agree.
Would like to see Gooch given a bit of a go next season.
Richard Douglas' role is right there for him.

Crouch may spend less time in the centre square next year as I can see guys like Jones and Gallucci at least participating in more centre bounces.

Well if he isnt going to Poholke certainly wont.
At least Gooch has some things that are unique like his good vertical leap.

Extremely athletic, massive leap, which generally goes hand in hand with his speed

But his disposal by foot is poor for a player that is generally more outside, so I have my doubts he can clean that up to take his game to the next level, which was my concern throughout his junior career

Somewhat agree.
Would like to see Gooch given a bit of a go next season.
Richard Douglas' role is right there for him.

Crouch may spend less time in the centre square next year as I can see guys like Jones and Gallucci at least participating in more centre bounces.
Don’t disagree with that I think it’s make or break for him “Gallucci”

You obviously havent seen much.
Gooch's upside is far far higher than Poholke.

Yes we stuffed up letting Jack Graham get to Richmond a quality SA lad, whos father played SANFL footy that we could have had before Pohlkoke

Gooch needs to pull his finger out very quickly he has been a disappointment , again Hayward from Sydney is one we should have chosen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we stuffed up letting Jack Graham get to Richmond a quality SA lad, whos father played SANFL footy that we could have had before Pohlkoke

Gooch needs to pull his finger out very quickly he has been a disappointment , again Hayward from Sydney is one we should have chosen
Wasn't Todd Marshall the next pick? I'd have taken him in hindsight.

Gooch this year I thought was good in the time that he had.
Being interrupted with injury and not being put back into the seniors has probably set him back a bit.

I watched this game and almost put a line through Gallucci. Didn't show anything AFL standard.

Jones looked awesome I thought. Really high energy, high impact player. I reckon McHenry will be a player also albeit was rusty due to interrupted season.

I still hold reservations on Fogarty. His game strengthened my view that he is only dangerous when the ball is kicked to him favourably. Young player I know, but he didn't look threatening at all against undersized defenders. The goal he kicked was similar to how he scores in the AFL, lead up with the ball kicked to his advantage. Given there were far less of these opportunities coming his way in the SANFL, he really struggled to get involved. What are your thoughts are on the Fog?

I watched this game and almost put a line through Gallucci. Didn't show anything AFL standard.

Jones looked awesome I thought. Really high energy, high impact player. I reckon McHenry will be a player also albeit was rusty due to interrupted season.

I still hold reservations on Fogarty. His game strengthened my view that he is only dangerous when the ball is kicked to him favourably. Young player I know, but he didn't look threatening at all against undersized defenders. The goal he kicked was similar to how he scores in the AFL, lead up with the ball kicked to his advantage. Given there were far less of these opportunities coming his way in the SANFL, he really struggled to get involved. What are your thoughts are on the Fog?

I like Jones but definetly as you said energy, which I have said, will do well as an outside mid, he played inside and only got 14 possies which simply isnt enough as an inside mid, but outside Im sure he will tear it up, but outside mids generally getting a whipping boy tag, as they play well when the team plays well, not their fault, its just the way it is

Gooch yes treading on thin ice

McHenry tries hard but extremely unpolished and it will hurt him as he establishes himself needs to tidy that up or he will be a bust, players live and die on what they do with the footy these days, definetly one of Mchenry's flaws that can be fixed

Fog has something but will take a few more years which is understandable only his 2nd year out of juniors, Im quitely confident he will be great

I like Jones but definetly as you said energy, which I have said, will do well as an outside mid, he played inside and only got 14 possies which simply isnt enough as an inside mid, but outside Im sure he will tear it up, but outside mids generally getting a whipping boy tag, as they play well when the team plays well, not their fault, its just the way it is

Gooch yes treading on thin ice

McHenry tries hard but extremely unpolished and it will hurt him as he establishes himself needs to tidy that up or he will be a bust, players live and die on what they do with the footy these days, definetly one of Mchenry's flaws that can be fixed

Fog has something but will take a few more years which is understandable only his 2nd year out of juniors, Im quitely confident he will be great

Agree that Jones may struggle inside, I compared him to Zac Fisher earlier in the year and I reckon he will be a similar type of player but feel Jones will have an extra string to his bow given he looks to have a bit more grunt and Marking ability than Fisher.

yes it made a big difference as port got their hand on the ball first time most times at stoppages and got the ball moving their way

Dont think so, there midfield got us and it wasnt because of taps they had numerous midfielders with up close to 30 possies, wilson who is a ball magnet couldnt get to 20, Ladhams had 18 hit outs HImmelberg had 10, they had a better midfield mix, players like tregrove although not AFL standard made a differene as would have Gibbs if he could have played, our oung guys are learning and not up to it yet, although the Adelaide board wants Jones in the AFL side instead of Crouch crouch or Sloane, when he cant even beat trengrove, they are just lunatics, it will take time for him to develop he isn't walsh or rozee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back