Recommitted Rory Laird [RFA 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Lever’s a KPP/3rd tall type who was also a young gun who at 21/22 was playing at a seriously good level and looked like progressing into one of the competitions stars.

Really hope your not trying to make an argument that Laird’s worth two first rounders.
why are you ..i'll quote 'really hoping' I am not trying to make a case that a contracted 2 x AA ball magnet defender is not worth 2 x 1st rounders. Your club was stupid enough to cough up 2 x 1st rounders for a 3rd tall intercept player. I'll give you a hint, Brent Reilly was on the edges of the AA squad as an intercept marking player some years back. Then we had Ricky Henderson playing that role. Once Lever left, Doedee stepped in and was the better player than Lever. That role is a role suited to many players. So, a contracted 2 x AA ball winning defender is worth more than a guy that will never be a KPP and has not made the AA team

wow all 17 other clubs are circling pretty hard at the Adelaide players

There is something seriously f’ed up there at the moment

Majority of players leaving or looking to leave

Douglas Sauce Jacobs Betts Greenwood Keath

What do you think they all have in common, and what do you think the club would think about why

Majority of players leaving or looking to leave

Douglas Sauce Jacobs Betts Greenwood Keath

What do you think they all have in common, and what do you think the club would think about why
Douglas, Sauce and Betts are cooked. Greenwood can play some good footy at times but isn’t indispensable. It’d be a shame if Keath left.

What’s the common thread between them?

I'd take a first rounder for him. Doesn't do a lock down role, doesn't break the lines. One of many in our team who get lots of it with little damaging impact IMO
you don't think that had anything to do with the coaching this year?. if he was such a loose player and poor at disposal, how did he get selected to the All Australian team - twice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't think that had anything to do with the coaching this year?. if he was such a loose player and poor at disposal, how did he get selected to the All Australian team - twice
I'm not saying he isn't a handy player. I just don't think he's one we have to keep at all costs. I don't think he's ever won a game off his own boot & he'd have good trade currency. You have to give a little, to get a little...

Keath is even taller but can he play KPD, maybe they can but get better value as a third tall

Doedee at 189cm is clearly not
It's all relative, Cameron is 1.96m... Lever COULD play on that type. Not saying he's best suited though....

I'm not saying he isn't a handy player. I just don't think he's one we have to keep at all costs. I don't think he's ever won a game off his own boot & he'd have good trade currency. You have to give a little, to get a little...
Then that is the crux. If he is one that other clubs are gunning for, then it would have to be big overs - contracted, 2 x AA and was top 5 for 2 years running in overall possessions if memory serves before this year. Any talk by nuffies on here of a teens pick for him is utterly laughable

Then that is the crux. If he is one that other clubs are gunning for, then it would have to be big overs - contracted, 2 x AA and was top 5 for 2 years running in overall possessions if memory serves before this year. Any talk by nuffies on here of a teens pick for him is utterly laughable

Something around pick 10 is the magical number I would say

You really do put too much weight on awards

Laird is a very good player, but he does not command 2 x 1st rounders

He if worth a pick in the 14-17 range, depending on the depth of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back