Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be considered a conflict of interest when Brad wears his NMFC supporter polo on casual Friday?

I think he has a Brad Scott supporter polo now

He better have our back, and I mean actually have our back, going forward.

Demitriou played for North after all...
I doubt he will

I still think the club could come out and take the piss of the entire situation.

Do a fundraiser titled 'Brad's farewell gift' the rank and file would donate to this I guarantee it.

Work buddies! So cool for Gerhead

It'll start off nicey nicey and slowly deteriorate as Gerard realises the new kid not only talks as much self-righteous s**t as him but actually has a modicum of industry cred to back it up.

So a bloke who went 0 from 10 attempts from achieving the outright outcome of his previous vocation now has the skillset to run a multi-million dollar organisation based on what? His sports science degree? Golf handicap? Reading the Barefoot Investor book?
Brad Scott’s first lunch break at AFL house...
“You guys need to check out my investment portfolio record”
It'll start off nicey nicey and slowly deteriorate as Gerard realises the new kid not only talks as much self-righteous s**t as him but actually has a modicum of industry cred to back it up.
It’ll be a stand off of epic proportions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott’s first lunch break at AFL house...
“You guys need to check out my investment portfolio record”

AFL will be taken over by the NRL for the first time in history but in better news the sale of a 300 apartment development on the peninsula will exceed all expectations.

Plugger still kicked 6 from memory??? I actually thought a real turning point in that game was when King sunk his knees into Obrien. Reckon that shifted a lot of momentum. Was a great team effort, but thought Norm could have gone to a few players.

And Kelly scrubbing a pretty straight forward pass to Plugger early in the second. From memory we went straight down the other end and goaled.

500 k!
Big fk !
It’s a price well worth paying when you consider
Renewed optimism going into next year
An increase in memberships
And the fact that he will be known as a sacked coach this damaging his precious brand
Good riddance

And hopefully next time , our board isn’t duped by another snake oil merchant

Do contracts PROPERLY

Lesson learnt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And Kelly scrubbing a pretty straight forward pass to Plugger early in the second. From memory we went straight down the other end and goaled.
[/QUO

Gonna have to watch it again tonight, I was sitting on the fence behind the goals punt road end, I always have a laugh at younger me going off my rocker at plugger.

Just pay the tax for 1 year. It's only a soft cap. We are financially stronger than ever before and I'd hate to compromise on footy dept. spend after creating so much positive momentum. Just get on and employee who ever you want regardless... You can't let this change the plan. I am sure there are more than enough that would chip in. It's only money and a premiership is worth every cent!

Shawly Sure isn’t on as much as Brad was on, so by the time the difference between the two coaching contracts and reduced payout due to Brad’s new job is taken into account, the impact on our bottom line and soft cap will be minimal.

So the real question is, do we need to pay out his $800k 2020 salary or is that covered with the new AFL gig? If the latter then let us all rejoice!

Scott was on close to $650k, not the $800k the media keeps misquoting. I expect the AFL is going to pay their boy $250k to be the Executive Director of Self Promotion. That leaves a $400k hole that we have to make up. Shaw would probably be on $450k next year. That means the difference is only $200k. So basically, we just need to re-use the 2019 towels and we have balanced the books.

Last edited:
Scott was on close to $650k, not the $800k the media keeps misquoting. I expect the AFL is going to pay their boy $250k to be the Executive Director of Self Promotion. That leaves a $400k hole that we have to make up. Shaw would probably be on $450k next year. That means the difference is only $200k. So basically, we just need to re-use the 2019 towels and we have balanced the books.
Scott will be well north of 250k at the AFL

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

$250k is a lot for a sheltered workshop but I think you’re spot on. The megalomaniac Gillon takes home $1.8m a year and the execs about 900k each. Brad will probably be circa 400- 500k to make the lunches and tea twice a day.

If BS gets $500k from the AFL, then it's only $150k that we have to pay him. And Shaw's contract would easily be a $150k saving on Scott's last year so we are in profit on this whole deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back