List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the top end class is just as important if not more important than the bottom end. Currently we have great depth and a lot of 'good' players. We don't however have 'elite' players now that Robbie has dropped off.

Geelong, Richmond, west coast etc get away with wins they don't deserve because they have elite players that can drag them across the line. If we had a Dangerfield, dusty, McGovern etc we'd be much more successful.

So correct. No surprise we spiked when Robbie come good.

Hey Port crew,

Hoping that Carlton are in talks with your mob re. Sam Gray and am surprised he is rumoured to be on the outer.

Posted on our board re. Gray: to my eye, looks a crafty little bugger, has a knack for kicking clutch goals, making something out of nothing, looks clean, can also go through the middle and will come much cheaper than what is being bandied around for a Tom Papley. What's the actual knock on him? He's short? You guys need cap room?

What do you think his worth will be? Hoping we are 1. looking at him and 2. can do a reasonable trade with you guys. Happy to rip Adelaide off at every trade period (makes me so happy) so we don't need to do the same with you guys ;)

Posted on our board re. Gray: to my eye, looks a crafty little bugger, has a knack for kicking clutch goals, making something out of nothing, looks clean, can also go through the middle and will come much cheaper. What's the actual knock on him? He's short? You guys need cap room?
Don’t forget 3 time best and fairest.

Hey Port crew,

Hoping that Carlton are in talks with your mob re. Sam Gray and am surprised he is rumoured to be on the outer.

Posted on our board re. Gray: to my eye, looks a crafty little bugger, has a knack for kicking clutch goals, making something out of nothing, looks clean, can also go through the middle and will come much cheaper. What's the actual knock on him? He's short? You guys need cap room?

What do you think his worth will be? Hoping we are 1. looking at him and 2. can do a reasonable trade with you guys. Happy to rip Adelaide off at every trade period (makes me so happy) so we don't need to do the same with you guys ;)

S.Gray is just ok-good in pretty much every aspect. He isnt a bad player and will play a role, but i think he is best as a depth player, like no.23-26 on the list.

He has no flare. very vanilla but can do good things.

We just have have 3 other small forwards in the 2nds which i believe we will want to give more game time to next year. Might also be into Fantasia who would also take his role.

Would say a pick in the 30's would get the deal done for him.

Hey Port crew,

His best position is inside midfield, but Ken constantly plays him as a small forward.

We have quite a few young options coming through in that role which seems like the main reason we are willing to let him go.

My main knock on him is that he often beats up on the lower ranked teams, but can then have 4-5 weeks where he does basically nothing. Most supporters feel he has somewhat of a gold pass with selection which has frustrated many of us.

Hey Port crew,

Posted on our board re. Gray: to my eye, looks a crafty little bugger, has a knack for kicking clutch goals, making something out of nothing, looks clean, can also go through the middle and will come much cheaper than what is being bandied around for a Tom Papley. What's the actual knock on him? He's short? You guys need cap room?

As a midfielder he's a poor man's David Armitage. Will rack up a lot of touches but have little impact on the game.

As a small forward he's a poor man's Mark LeCras. Not overly quick or agile so can't weave through traffic, but does work very hard to get into space. Unfortunately in our system that means he's the first one working back into the f50 when slingshotting, which means he's manned up by the loose KPD - resulting in a hilarious marking mismatch between Taylor/Hooker/Talia and SGray. Not overly talented by foot, not very good when needing to execute a quick kick/snap, but a decent enough drop punt when given time.

Hey Port crew,

He's the opposite of clutch. I've seen him hit the post from 5m out like 10 times in general play. Once he was pretty much on the goal line with the ball and kicked it straight in the air and the ball actually went backwards.

Also struggles to kick further than 35m.

Hey Port crew,

From what I understand your own c4 has led us to believe Sam gray has tried to play off other offers to get a bigger offer from port and its backfired. Port aren’t willing to entertain the idea and now it’s gotten to the point Sam will either have to fold or take another offer.

We’re pretty flush with small forwards coming though with cox and woodcock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back