List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely amazing if that eventuates, how many games has he played at senior level since the 2015 GF ? His body is completely shot and it's not like he's that good even when healthy.
I'm with you there but we aren't the ones making the decisions.
Wouldn't surprise me either way though. May simply be a case of needing some depth.

Interesting that both parties have been open, transparent and honest here.
Strange or just real professional aptitude that the rest of the competition should embrace?
The latter. Burgoyne speaking on 360 and basically saying “yeah, it’s a tough decision and I still need to think about it”. First time I’ve ever heard a player discuss their own trade situation without sprouting a bunch of nonsense.

Nothing groundbreaking here but I spoke with someone with links to the club over the weekend about several senior players. Gist of the conversation:

Poppy = gone
Smith gone
Burgoyne = genuinely undecided, wants to get to 400 games at Hawthorn but obviously has zero guarantees after 2020.
Gunston = not going anywhere
Shoenmakers = looks like he'll get another year
Ugh I would rather keep Poppy than Shoenmakers - at least he plays...
Shoey hasn’t been fit for a while now and with the improvement of TOB not sure we really need him on the list..
And who exactly does the club think will provide any forward pressure with Poppy gone??

How in God's name is this possible?
It was just a conversation I had with this particular person so time will tell if what he was saying comes to fruition.
I expressed my disapproval but who am I to judge. This person currently has no track record so I listen and wait on a club decision. I will pass judgement only after the trade period.

Nothing groundbreaking here but I spoke with someone with links to the club over the weekend about several senior players. Gist of the conversation:

Poppy = gone
Smith gone
Burgoyne = genuinely undecided, wants to get to 400 games at Hawthorn but obviously has zero guarantees after 2020.
Gunston = not going anywhere
Shoenmakers = looks like he'll get another year

Your thoughts on Breust? Hopefully stays.
If Schoey gets another year, imo it's insurance in case we have multiple injuries and he can come into the side (if fit) as he knows the hawks system and can play both ends. Nothing more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the Don’t Trade Gunston or Breust list.
I honestly hope we can get in the ear of Pickett! He tore us up in his breakout game & would be a perfect Poppy replacement.

A bit of speculation but here goes..

H.Bennell - free hit rookie
J.Pickett - free hit rookie

Both to take the punt Hawthorn can keep them fit & healthy

T.Mckenzie - dfa / 5th rd

Has had a pretty solid year in the SANFL & a ripper last game for Port in the H&A fixture. A lethal combination across Half back with Sicily.

C.Petracca - future first & 2019 3rd
This trade must happen.

2mP - future second, Burgoyne & Birchall
Should satisfy GC at the trade table.

C.Cox - Cegs
Easy trade & would suit both clubs.
Possibly a late pick swap

Draft

Rd 1 Kemp
Rd 1 (bid) Maginness (Own pick)
Rd 2 Brock Smith (trade up)

Trade

Smith - Dogs
3rd (41)

Cousins - Sydney
3rd rd (50)
On trade for future pick
This isn’t the hypothetical trade thread.

Your thoughts on Breust? Hopefully stays.
If Schoey gets another year, imo it's insurance in case we have multiple injuries and he can come into the side (if fit) as he knows the hawks system and can play both ends. Nothing more.
Cannot see us trading Breust at all without going into hypotheticals. We lose Poppy we can ill afford to lose Breust also.

Why though. Surely we can find someone with height to try and get on the park. Stunning if true
Shoey has played less than half a season for the last 3 seasons

Its also the time taken for a back up role player to slot into the game plans its a trade off

Think vickery (or alternately spangher on the positive side)

Which is why brand and mirra might stay unless something tasty comes along, or of course mcevoy

Ugh I would rather keep Poppy than Shoenmakers - at least he plays...
Shoey hasn’t been fit for a while now and with the improvement of TOB not sure we really need him on the list..
And who exactly does the club think will provide any forward pressure with Poppy gone??

In 2008 it was campbell brown thrown forward, even though it wasnt his preference. Today that would be 15

Is Poppy keeping anyone out of the team? No one at BHH kicking him out.

Birchall has competition from CJ and Scrimshaw, so I can see us moving him on

Schoe is behind Patton, Lewis, TOB, so I can see him moving on

But why move on Poppy?
Minch contracted?

Is Poppy keeping anyone out of the team? No one at BHH kicking him out.

Birchall has competition from CJ and Scrimshaw, so I can see us moving him on

Schoe is behind Patton, Lewis, TOB, so I can see him moving on

But why move on Poppy?

Obrien would be the preferred backup for frawley, or maybe brand in some circumstances

Minch contracted?
No. He signed a 1 year deal when we got him.

At Saints and at Hawks, his body has shown that its just not up to the rigours of the AFL. Surely we can't go into 2020 trying to contend for a flag and pin our hopes on Minchington trying to get his body right for the first time in 9 seasons.

Why though. Surely we can find someone with height to try and get on the park. Stunning if true
Shoey has played less than half a season for the last 3 seasons
He is our Clarke Keating just waiting for grand final day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back