Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that Jones may struggle inside, I compared him to Zac Fisher earlier in the year and I reckon he will be a similar type of player but feel Jones will have an extra string to his bow given he looks to have a bit more grunt and Marking ability than Fisher.

Jones will make it, its just Adelaide supportsers think he can be Walsh or Rozee in his first year, as you would be aware, there will only be a couple of juniors come into the AFL and perform like that, he will take a little time, like 95% of first year draftees, its not a dig its reality

Dont think so, there midfield got us and it wasnt because of taps they had numerous midfielders with up close to 30 possies, wilson who is a ball magnet couldnt get to 20, Ladhams had 18 hit outs HImmelberg had 10, they had a better midfield mix, players like tregrove although not AFL standard made a differene as would have Gibbs if he could have played, our oung guys are learning and not up to it yet, although the Adelaide board wants Jones in the AFL side instead of Crouch crouch or Sloane, when he cant even beat trengrove, they are just lunatics, it will take time for him to develop he isn't walsh or rozee
not disagreeing with most of that either. Our top up players are also not really SANFL standard whereas Port's are SANFL players and that makes a difference. At that level if you get found out in an area you pay and having 2 or 3 weaker links exposes the rest of the team. Look I am in no way having a go at the top up players - they are trying their level best out there but they are a big step down in ability from the AFL level players port had running around

not disagreeing with most of that either. Our top up players are also not really SANFL standard whereas Port's are SANFL players and that makes a difference. At that level if you get found out in an area you pay and having 2 or 3 weaker links exposes the rest of the team. Look I am in no way having a go at the top up players - they are trying their level best out there but they are a big step down in ability from the AFL level players port had running around

Big Game and our leading possession getter was Andy Otten who plays deep in defence

Maybe Port have a 2nds team that has more interest in winning with the recruits of Mackenzie and Trengrove who were AFL fringe players but now dominating the SANFL, if we had douglas and Gibbs in that team it certainly would have even upped the game. Gooch Jones Pohlkoke are going to struggle against those fringe AFL playesr until they develop, will they ever? who knows, time will tell

Big Game and our leading possession getter was Andy Otten who plays deep in defence

Maybe Port have a 2nds team that has more interest in winning with the recruits of Mackenzie and Trengrove who were AFL fringe players but now dominating the SANFL, if we had douglas and Gibbs in that team it certainly would have even upped the game. Gooch Jones Pohlkoke are going to struggle against those fringe AFL playesr until they develop, will they ever? who knows, time will tell
Where have you been hiding Sholl?
Live at the game I must say he impressed me far more than Poholke and Gallucci. Both the later two seemed to panic when they got the ball and just hacked it forward often whereas Sholl showed a bit of poise and actually looked for a target down the ground.

Where have you been hiding Sholl?
Live at the game I must say he impressed me far more than Poholke and Gallucci. Both the later two seemed to panic when they got the ball and just hacked it forward often whereas Sholl showed a bit of poise and actually looked for a target down the ground.

I agree he did have a good game, maybe he has blossomed, Wilson was the stand out all year in the twos except when gibbs was dropped back to the SANFL

Maybe Sholl will be a player and gets a bit of consistency about his game

Watched Jaeger closely this year. Struggled as the supposed number 1 mid.
Had some really good games, had some poor games. Think it’s something that’s going to continue because of the nature of his injury, with Mitchell back,the emergence of worpel and the move of wingard to the mids, he won’t be getting a huge amount of attention next year, so I think we’ll see a spike in his performance

Watched Jaeger closely this year. Struggled as the supposed number 1 mid.
26 disposals and 6 clearances a game getting heavy attention most weeks is not struggling. Hopefully still has a lot more improvement in him but that a very solid season.

Extremely athletic, massive leap, which generally goes hand in hand with his speed

But his disposal by foot is poor for a player that is generally more outside, so I have my doubts he can clean that up to take his game to the next level, which was my concern throughout his junior career
His disposal was pretty good Round 23 2018 when he kicked 4 goals against Carlton

His disposal was pretty good Round 23 2018 when he kicked 4 goals against Carlton

You mean the game over a year ago that has been laughed at due to the lack of pressure applied?

The same game in which Gallucci finished bottom 4 for the Crows with regards to disposal efficiency, well below the match average?

That's a pretty pathetic argument you're putting forward there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wth is going down at Adelaide seriously.
Think more so... everyone knows they in shambles so easy to write an article saying player X wants to leave and no one bats and eyelid or looks into the fake journalism....
While i do think a few players will be pushed out the door... i think way less will leave then all these rumors suggest.

Your answer is in the post you quoted , What makes you think you have more of an idea than anybody els ?
So stop talking Sh!t and take your own advice
No it doesn’t, it only answers why he doesn’t know about him. I wouldn’t go around threads criticising players I don’t know anything about.

I know more than the poster I originally quoted. Unlike him, I’ve actually seen Brad play and know what sort of player he is.

No it doesn’t, it only answers why he doesn’t know about him. I wouldn’t go around threads criticising players I don’t know anything about.

I know more than the poster I originally quoted. Unlike him, I’ve actually seen Brad play and know what sort of player he is.

LOL you think just because you support adelaide you know more about Crouch than anybody els ?

I have probably watched 15 of his 83 games live and another 20-30 on fox .

Ohh also the 2017 grand final where he was probably your best player :thumbsu:

LOL you think just because you support adelaide you know more about Crouch than anybody els ?

I have probably watched 15 of his 83 games live and another 20-30 on fox .

Ohh also the 2017 grand final where he was probably your best player :thumbsu:
More than anybody else? When did I say that?
Don’t get your knickers in a knot mate, I’m talking one poster in particular, although I’ve others do similar stuff.

This has do with being a crows fan, apart from watching more games of his than neutrals. I’m not even talking about how highly he’s rated, just about his physical attributes and what type player he is. Just simple stuff some that people get wrong, because they don’t even watch certain players, but feel the need to criticise anyway.

There’s no need to be a dick, mate.

Ummm you are putting us getting flogged down to a better ruck than the one we played

WOW

You really have NFI as usual.

They were stacked against a Maggies side with not only 17 AFL players (5 more than the Crows), but over twice the number of AFL games experience.

To lose FOUR key talls who had played in that side together almost all year, including the first (Sauce), second (Strachan) and third (Hunter) string ruckmen who doubled as the key forwards all season, and the CHB (Butts), not to mention Davis who played the Lynch role and was one of the most consistent third-tall marking forwards all year, against a side running with Ladhams, Marshall, Frampton and Hayes as a start.

Between Trengove, Mayes, Sutcliffe and McKenzie alone was 29 combined AFL pre-seasons (allowing for the years Trengove did not complete a PS after surgeries... that’s only four of their AFL listed players who ran amok.

The likes of Sholl, Jones, McHenry, Hamill, McAdam, Fogarty and Gallucci don’t even muster up a combined 8 AFL pre-seasons between them all. They represented over 50% of the AFL listed players we had running around for us on the night.

We were then forced to move our only two remaining pure key forwards into a 1st ruck (Himmelberg) and chop-out ruck (Fogarty) role on the night against pure ruckmen; each of whom had played in the ruck at AFL level previously.

Want me to keep going? Were you even at the game? Do you have any clue whatsoever?

One of those stupid Facebook groups suggesting the Blues are offering 5 - years whilst my Bombers have thrown there hat in the ring with a 4 - year deal (along with another club offering 4 years). Would happily, happily, happily take Brad Crouch at the Bombers. Crows unwilling to offer anything more than 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back