Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrong attachment

I live with someone who is close friends with Ben Ainsworth. He told me Ben was dreading coming coming to GC when he was drafted but since the moment he arrived he has absolutely loved it and loves being away from the Melbourne media and the lifestyle. Seems to be a common feeling as well amongst other players.

Chris Fagan to Tim Lane an exTasmanian news guy now living in Melbourne
I don’t think player retention is one. To be honest with you, I think one of the reasons Gold Coast struggles a little bit is because… it’s a nice place the Gold Coast. Why wouldn’t players want to stay there? Well, the reason probably is that it’s not a footy place. It doesn’t have a football culture. People aren’t necessarily interested in the game, and passionate about it. I think players will stay if they come to an area where people are passionate about football; they’ll stay if they come to a club that’s well set up and they feel like they’re improving and getting better. It’s not about those other sorts of issues. It’s really about that, I think. I don’t think there are too many reasons anymore.

Go * yourself you 4 ft troll and I hope you go out in straight sets in the finals

Go fu** yourself you 4 ft troll and I hope you go out in straight sets in the finals
How can anyone (external) declare there’s no AFL interest on the GC when we have never had a .500 season, let alone make finals?
Everyone loves a winner
Brisbane home crowds between 2011-2018 were 16-17000. This year 24500!!!
Gee wonder why?

Go fu** yourself you 4 ft troll and I hope you go out in straight sets in the finals
Yes, I listened to his interview and I have to say it was pretty s*** from him. Wondering if Brisbane was a footy place and had a football culture the last 10 years when they were absolute crap. He got a little bit ahead of himself.

Here is the interview from 3AW last night with Mark Evans. Interesting listen

But a message from his father has led to his ability to work to build his own legacy, with the words still echoing in his mind while accepting a trophy after finishing third in the Suns club champion award on Saturday.
“He instilled the belief in me,” MacPherson said.

“He said at the time ‘I don’t want you to play for the Bulldogs, I don’t want you to live in my shadow. I want you to do your own thing and build your own career and leave your own legacy’.

“It gave me a lot of confidence to go up to the Coast and be who I am and not worry about the history or anything like that and build my own legacy up here.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee sounds like our GM of football operations Jon Haines is gone already.

Doesn’t sound good for Dew also.
I can’t see him lasting next year if we don’t get some good senior footy brains around him

Last edited:

I can’t see him lasting next year if we don’t get some good senior footy brains around him

Don’t follow your Dew dig again. Haines might be under pressure a bit but no way is Dew.
He’s going to be our Kevin Sheedy.

Don’t follow your Dew dig again. Haines might be under pressure a bit but no way is Dew.
He’s going to be our Kevin Sheedy.
Sadly Bods I think he will be remembered as our version of brendon bolton.
He will set us up to have a bright future but he won’t be around the club to see it happen.

Sadly Bods I think he will be remembered as our version of brendon bolton.
He will set us up to have a bright future but he won’t be around the club to see it happen.
That's not a bad thing necessarily.
Ultimately we're here for the club not for the coach.
You'd suspect that our success won't come for another 3-4 years, and even then, if we only do everything correctly.
What proportion of coaches are in the job for >5-6 years? maybe 50% max?

Hahaha Caro’s Arrow? Give me a break

they need to replace Haines anyway, he is not the right guy

Gil backed us in for at least another decade last night himself with AFL support and that us and GWS are a generational decision for them, he wouldn't commit to funding a Tassie team outright though

Gil backed us in for at least another decade last night himself with AFL support and that us and GWS are a generational decision for them, he wouldn't commit to funding a Tassie team outright though

Is that all? A decade? Pathetic. Young players aren't gonna stay at a club that might get booted in 10 years. * this s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back