Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies have sure made it known how confident they’re this week..... I am really liking it, it is actually coming across as false bravado. I am very confident we will be up & about after what has been said, we’re always at our best when teams start to underrate us.
what do you want us to say? nah we dont think we will win this, Geelong will beat us we dont stand a chance..

lmao, if a team doesnt have confidence in their own ability then they wouldnt be where they are right now.

In saying that I dont think we have 'made it known', much like Chris Scott with the home final debate, he gets asked the question so he has to answer it.

Got a feeling the cat's will win this one via a stronger 1st half...Just an opinion.

Am going...already nervous, may the best team win!

Was at the game when these two sides faced off earlier in the year.
Pies were the better team and have traditionally given the Cats problems.
combined with Geelong's average form of late, I reckon we're looking at more of the same of finals letdowns for Geelong it pains me to say.

Strangely I’m not nervous about this game, not because I’m confident but you get a 2nd chance and I predict the loser to make the GF.

We aren’t great off byes but if we win my tip is we will play Richmond at the G, that’s tough itself but the fact it’s after another break, it doesn’t fill me with confidence so I guess that’s why I’m not so nervous.
I think we will beat WCE/ESS plus another crack at Brisbane and I’ve got some confidence.

Collingwood if they lose, i think can overcome WCE at the G, plus they are a great travelling side and will knock off Brisbane in a prelim as I think Brisbane will beat Richmond.

Both losers in this week’s qualifying finals will play the Grand Final.
Collingwood v Richmond

Strangely I’m not nervous about this game, not because I’m confident but you get a 2nd chance and I predict the loser to make the GF.

We aren’t great off byes but if we win my tip is we will play Richmond at the G, that’s tough itself but the fact it’s after another break, it doesn’t fill me with confidence so I guess that’s why I’m not so nervous.
I think we will beat WCE/ESS plus another crack at Brisbane and I’ve got some confidence.

Collingwood if they lose, i think can overcome WCE at the G, plus they are a great travelling side and will knock off Brisbane in a prelim as I think Brisbane will beat Richmond.

Collingwood v Richmond
I can't see Brisbane beating Richmond.

Richmond had control over the game last weekend as did Geelong the week before, mostly.

Brisbane are plucky but also a young, inexperienced side that will get shown up in finals.

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood v Richmond
Wish I were as confident as you. I feel like whoever loses this game goes out in straight sets.

When was the last time a minor premier went out in straight sets?

It's happened several times in the past, in my lifetime it's Pies '73 From 19-3! Blues '76, Cats '80 and North '83. No side though has finished top and not made a Prelim since the current Final 8 system started in 1999.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I were as confident as you. I feel like whoever loses this game goes out in straight sets.

You should be more confident. You beat the eagles away and if you make a prelim against Brisbane you do travel very well.
I don’t know why the loser of our game should think they can’t win the following week.
If either of us believe that why did we finish so high?

This game isn’t do or die and far from over for the loser.

You should be more confident. You beat the eagles away and if you make a prelim against Brisbane you do travel very well.
I don’t know why the loser of our game should think they can’t win the following week.
If either of us believe that why did we finish so high?

This game isn’t do or die and far from over for the loser.
I agree, The team that losers this match is still a good chance to make the GF.

Against who?

Yet he held his own in the ruck contests apart from the game against Port where Lycett beat him convincingly. If you think Grundy is the difference between winning and losing this game you're in for a shock.

He is obviously not the only difference however he is a pretty big factor. He is their best player and will be matching up on the Cats worst player.

He is obviously not the only difference however he is a pretty big factor. He is their best player and will be matching up on the Cats worst player.
We're not playing Guthrie in the ruck.

Stanley is our #1 ruckman and we won the minor premiership, inc round 1 with Grundy playing. That's all the evidence I need.

This game will be won or lost in other areas of the field and I'll get to that sometime before the game starts. Possibly this weekend.

I'll write a preview if you want me to back up my thoughts but the ruck won't be the issue.

As an aside, do you have any stats around boundary throw ins?

Round 1 was such a long time ago that it’s irrelevant. In fact the best time to play a grand finalist is probably round 1! If I remember correctly, the cats scraped in kicking the last couple of goals of the game.

Can’t wait until Friday. Of the other 3 teams in the top 4, Geelong was the team I wanted us to play. Brisbane and Richmond far stronger IMO.

Round 1 was such a long time ago that it’s irrelevant. In fact the best time to play a grand finalist is probably round 1! If I remember correctly, the cats scraped in kicking the last couple of goals of the game.

Can’t wait until Friday. Of the other 3 teams in the top 4, Geelong was the team I wanted us to play. Brisbane and Richmond far stronger IMO.
if I remember correctly Collingwood just scraped into the 4

Possible rainfall: 3 to 10 mm Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif
Melbourne area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. Winds northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly during the afternoon then tending northwest to southwesterly during the evening.

will this help the pies

Back