Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
3 time AA now - fair effort by Max. Who was our last three timer? We have a lot of one season wonders.

Maybe not the right thread but other teams' players make the team when they are ancient - Houli, Pendlebury and Hurn for instance, why do our players suddenly become terrible once they hit their late 20s.

3 time AA now - fair effort by Max. Who was our last three timer? We have a lot of one season wonders.

Maybe not the right thread but other teams' players make the team when they are ancient - Houli, Pendlebury and Hurn for instance, why do our players suddenly become terrible once they hit their late 20s.
Gary Lyon

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

No point having a bnf this year quite clearly our best player certainly our most consistent. I had Salem earlier in the year was very consistent but he just fell away badly in the end, gawn however you could rely upon no matter how poorly the team played this year.
I don’t know if Salem was ever really leading it for a substantial period. Gawn was pretty dominant pretty early

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I don’t know if Salem was ever really leading it for a substantial period. Gawn was pretty dominant pretty early
Agree. Salem just got mentioned more frequently because during the first part of the year his form noticeably lifted. Gawn was better throughout, but we take that for granted and rarely note it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Salem was leading it after round 1. That might be it.
I was gonna specify as much but wasn't sure if it went without saying ha. At any rate Salem's season really ended up being not that much to write home about. Played well against the Eagles and the Lions in the back half but was also a big part of the reason we lost seven games in a row to end the season. His kicking went to absolute s**t late IMO and started picking up a lot of empty touches.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I was gonna specify as much but wasn't sure if it went without saying ha. At any rate Salem's season really ended up being not that much to write home about. Played well against the Eagles and the Lions in the back half but was also a big part of the reason we lost seven games in a row to end the season. His kicking went to absolute s**t late IMO and started picking up a lot of empty touches.

Salem's completely wasted as a backline player.

Salem's completely wasted as a backline player.
the club have an obsession with moving anyone who can kick to the backline.

Salem, Vince, Lewis

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
the club have an obsession with moving anyone who can kick to the backline.

Salem, Vince, Lewis

Don't forget Fristch and Melksham both playing in the back line aswell.

I think modern footy is all about using the ball in the forward half not the back half anymore.

If our actual defenders (Lever, May, Jetta, Frost, Hore) can stay fit four of them are very good disposers. I think Langdon will play out of defence and hopefully Salem will be released as Fritsch was to play up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back