News 2019 Finals Tickets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN saying only 1500 public tickets left for Friday's game.
Should easily sell that out, especially since they're relatively cheap.

I would appreciate some info regarding GF tickets.

I understand that I am only offered GF tickets if Collingwood plays but what is the procedure and timing for allocation.
I currently hold 3 Captain memberships.

Unless you are in the Top Level Membership you get a Gurnateed Ticket and I think the Rest go into a Ballot

I would appreciate some info regarding GF tickets.

I understand that I am only offered GF tickets if Collingwood plays but what is the procedure and timing for allocation.
I currently hold 3 Captain memberships.
Club 5 and Legends get first go at the GF allocation and in theory if every one of them takes up the offer all the tickets will be gone. Captains would be next to go for any tickets left over.

Club 5 and Legends get first go at the GF allocation and in theory if every one of them takes up the offer all the tickets will be gone. Captains would be next to go for any tickets left over.
Cheers for the reply.
Thats not what was advertised and what I was told when I signed up. I'll spew if I don't get an allocation. I didn't want to buy some AFL nose bleed seat package for $1400 so I decided to upgrade my membership to Captains for a garanteed reasonable seat allocation if we make it. Cost me $900+ (x 3 for my sons) so unless we make the GF it is an expensive option for members living outside of Melb and don't see too many games.

Cheers for the reply.
Thats not what was advertised and what I was told when I signed up. I'll spew if I don't get an allocation. I didn't want to buy some AFL nose bleed seat package for $1400 so I decided to upgrade my membership to Captains for a garanteed reasonable seat allocation if we make it. Cost me $900+ (x 3 for my sons) so unless we make the GF it is an expensive option for members living outside of Melb and don't see too many games.
You might want to confirm but the reason I upgraded from Captains to Legends in 2009 was to guarantee a GF seat.

Cheers for the reply.
I was very fortunate and surprised to succeed in the ballot as a general admission home member last year. Scored a great seat too, top deck about 10 rows from the front.

Like a lot of others I’ve upgraded to a legends membership in 2019.

After the legends package sold out the club introduced a captains package that included a guaranteed grand final ticket. This captains package wasn’t available initially and was more expensive than the normal captains membership.

Attachments

• AD9279C1-1F8A-45D3-9BD0-D6638EFDC438.jpeg
    AD9279C1-1F8A-45D3-9BD0-D6638EFDC438.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 35
Cheers for the reply.

It can change over time. Probably not a good idea to sign up every year without understanding what's included.

Go an email from the Club a few weeks ago saying that the "Social Club" component of my membership will be an extra $100.00 next year.
It is not included in the membership from 2020.

Like always I will fork out the extra money for my kids and I...........not sure about the logic in doing this now but it seems a bit elitist to me.

Go an email from the Club a few weeks ago saying that the "Social Club" component of my membership will be an extra $100.00 next year.
It is not included in the membership from 2020.

Like always I will fork out the extra money for my kids and I...........not sure about the logic in doing this now but it seems a bit elitist to me.
It’s been a $50 add on for lower level (general admin & possibly others) memberships the last couple of seasons. At $100 I’d think twice.

I checked the invoice section of my online membership account on Friday and a legends payment was scheduled to rollover, with no additional cost for social club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been a $50 add on for lower level (general admin & possibly others) memberships the last couple of seasons. At $100 I’d think twice.

I checked the invoice section of my online membership account on Friday and a legends payment was scheduled to rollover, with no additional cost for social club.

I am a Captains...…..never had to pay extra in the past.

I am a Captains...…..never had to pay extra in the past.
It would be a strange add on to captains. I can’t even see a captains option for 2020, so perhaps they’ve rejigged things and tried to create an equivalent package for you?

It would be a strange add on to captains. I can’t even see a captains option for 2020, so perhaps they’ve rejigged things and tried to create an equivalent package for you?

No idea mate but the email said we will receive the renewal forms by the end of August and not to do anything yet..........not sure if they meant August 2020 as I haven't got anything as yet :think:

The home and away Legends membership still has Social Club included. There is no Captains that I can see. Seems to have restructured memberships. Best check out the web page:

The home and away Legends membership still has Social Club included. There is no Captains that I can see. Seems to have restructured memberships. Best check out the web page:

My email definitely states I still am a Captains Member.

My email definitely states I still am a Captains Member.
Don't doubt that but the nearest membership in the "new" packages seems to be "Season Ticket Reserved Seat Home".

Guarantee a seat at all Collingwood home games in Melbourne.
Package Benefits
seat.svg

A reserved seat at every Collingwood home game in Melbourne
anzac.svg

A reserved seat at the ANZAC Day clash when a Collingwood home game
pack.svg

Membership pack: Lanyard, scarf, Years of Service pin, bumper stickers, fixture magnet and ticket wallet
trophy.svg

Priority access to purchase a ticket in weeks 1 to 3 of the 2020 AFL Finals Series*
news.svg

Season Guide and Year Book edition of In Black and White magazine
merch.svg

Member exclusive 10% discount on Collingwood merchandise at the Superstore

It can change over time. Probably not a good idea to sign up every year without understanding what's included.
I called this morning to clarify and yes my Captains memberships have a GF allocation. Should get an email if we win this week otherwise it will get delayed until the following week. Next year they have removed the Captains to simplify things. You are right that it does change from year to year which can make it challenging to determine whats best suited. For me I need to way up the best way to come across and obtain tickets. It's extremely hard and expensive if the Weagles make it.

It might be easier if I just relocate to Melbourne :)

No idea mate but the email said we will receive the renewal forms by the end of August and not to do anything yet..........not sure if they meant August 2020 as I haven't got anything as yet :think:
I haven’t received any email or letter about my membership, but when I login to the clubs membership page there’s a pending rollover invoice that details my membership package for 2020.

I haven’t received any email or letter about my membership, but when I login to the clubs membership page there’s a pending rollover invoice that details my membership package for 2020.
Received ours in the mail yesterday.

I just logged into my account, have't received an email or anything in the mail. It says my 2020 membership renewal is $540. I'm a Legends member this year, so i'm assuming it means my 2020 Legends membership, but $540?

I just logged into my account, have't received an email or anything in the mail. It says my 2020 membership renewal is $540. I'm a Legends member this year, so i'm assuming it means my 2020 Legends membership, but $540?
Same for me. Thought it was due to the AFL membership discount but might have that wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back