Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still dont understand why SOS helped them jag O'meara tbh.

Think it was as much about us benefiting from the trade as Hawthorn.

Future pick 35 for Macreadie, Willo and Kerr was a fair return at the time.

In hindsight, that Pick 35 could have landed us Constable, Pettruccelle or Worpel, but who knows who we would have taken. There are 5 names in the remaining 40+ that you'd probably prefer with the benefit of hindsight, maybe a bit optimistic to think we'd have nailed a 1-in-8.

If his body comes good, I'll back Willo in to be good enough to sit top 25 in the 2017 draft group.

Last edited:

Any rumours about where our cut players will end up? Probably most notably, Patty Kerr?

He had a bit of something, was probably unfortunate to come to us as we're stacked with KPP talent at the moment.

WC were interested in him in his draft year, now that the have Allen and Brander, I would be surprised. I think he will get on a list, probably as a rookie

Don't rule out Dodo

Clavarino versus Williamson, Macreadie and Kerr(unfortunate)
Thanks for the reminder ...
A mistake in hindsight, fortunately it hasn't led to them doing anything significant.

Seems to be no ill feeling between the two Clubs - pity, I hate 'em - but that is probably just me being usual mongrel..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still dont understand why SOS helped them jag O'meara tbh.

Your post made me look up an article when the trade was done.

Article really did make it sound like the trade wouldn't have been done if we didn't step in and give Hawthorn our future 2017 2nd rounder for picks 48, 66 & 70. The deal on the surface does look like a bad and unnecessary one from us, although it gave us bites at some young speculative talent like Macreadie, Williamson & Kerr...so we did OK out of it in the end.

But yeah, i still remember ericpascoe saying it was a 'favour' and that we'd get a favour back...i wonder if we'll ever get a more detailed explanation.

Agreed I love my Cripps but if gold coast offered pick 1 (Anderson) and pick 2 (Rowell) and Jarrod Witt's ( 3rd best ruck in the competition)
Then it would either take Cripps's mother or the most romantic blues supporter not to agree to that deal.

I will give Dodo his dues, he does generally trade well for needs. I agree they need an inside bull, that will push others one spot out that will benefit other midfielder strengths

I would agree that he generally trades pretty well...did well to entice Saad/Smith/Stringer/Shiel to Essendon and except for Shiel, got them at good prices. Word seems to be that he was overruled with the Shiel trade, so can't blame him for how much Essendon gave up.

Disagree he is good at trading well for needs though, as i mentioned the big bodied inside mid is something he's neglected for years for some reason...even most Essendon fans can't understand it. And outside of an often injured Daniher & a 29 yr old Shaun McKernan, they dont' really have any KPF's. The ruck is another area of concern.

70f95e0996c73f924cb50d80c5fc2f88.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniher a realistic chance to leave ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much to play out...
  • So we only a realistic chance of landing Papley if Daniher joins Sydney
  • Daniher will have to request a trade and pass a medical
  • I assume Essendon will only let Daniher go for a good deal and as they see themselves as a finals team now, also will want to on-trade assets for another read-made player eg Crouch/Wines
  • Crouch/Wines only leaves if...etc etc

Lol this will be one crazy trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back