Top 5 under 23 on potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A fun thread to look forward to happier times.

With some great young talent on show at the Maggies and with the Power who would you rate the top 5 and in what order based on future potential?

Here's my attempt

1. Connor Rozee
2. Peter Ladhams
3. Dan Houston
4. Sam Hayes
5. Joel Garner

Gee there's some talent left out!

Our players:

Ryan Burton
Dan Houston
Sam Powell-Pepper
Riley Bonner
Connor Rozee
Zak Butters
Xavier Duursma
Todd Marshall
Kane Farrell
Aidyn Johnson
Willem Drew
Joe Atley
Joel Garner
Billy Frampton
Peter Ladhams
Tobin Cox
Martin Frederick
Riley Grundy
Sam Hayes
Cameron Hewett (lol)
Jake Patmore
Kai Pudney
Boyd Woodcock

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Duursma
Marshall
Garner
Ladhams
Drew

I didn't mention Rozee or Houston because they've already done great things.

A fun thread to look forward to happier times.

With some great young talent on show at the Maggies and with the Power who would you rate the top 5 and in what order based on future potential?

Here's my attempt

1. Connor Rozee
2. Peter Ladhams
3. Dan Houston
4. Sam Hayes
5. Joel Garner

Gee there's some talent left out!

Our players:

Ryan Burton
Dan Houston
Sam Powell-Pepper
Riley Bonner
Connor Rozee
Zak Butters
Xavier Duursma
Todd Marshall
Kane Farrell
Aidyn Johnson
Willem Drew
Joe Atley
Joel Garner
Billy Frampton
Peter Ladhams
Tobin Cox
Martin Frederick
Riley Grundy
Sam Hayes
Cameron Hewett (lol)
Jake Patmore
Kai Pudney
Boyd Woodcock

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Nice

If we're talking purely on potential ceiling with no regard for the likelihood of them actually getting there, I honestly reckon I'd have Hayes number 1. I could genuinely see him being the best ruckman in the league one day.

Can't say that anyone else on our list has 'best in the league at their position' potential. Maybe Rozee if he stays as a permanent forward, but I reckon he ends up at least a part time midfielder.

If we're talking purely on potential ceiling with no regard for the likelihood of them actually getting there, I honestly reckon I'd have Hayes number 1. I could genuinely see him being the best ruckman in the league one day.

Can't say that anyone else on our list has 'best in the league at their position' potential. Maybe Rozee if he stays as a permanent forward, but I reckon he ends up at least a part time midfielder.

I think Rozee, Ladhams, Houston and Hayes all have best in league potential.

Not saying they will all get there (or even close) but I think it is there.

I see Garner's ceiling as Luke Hodge. I'm not sure he was ever best in the league, but maybe most important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Rozee, Ladhams, Houston and Hayes all have best in league potential.

Not saying they will all get there (or even close) but I think it is there.

I see Garner's ceiling as Luke Hodge. I'm not sure he was ever best in the league, but maybe most important.

Ladhams' actual ruckwork isn't good enough to ever reach that level IMO. I expect he'll end up a similar player to a fit and firing Matthew Kreuzer. Kreuzer at his best is a gun, but he's not the best ruck in the league.

Houston, nah. Certainly a very good player who'd be a walk up start at any team in the league, but you really think he's capable of reaching a Martin, Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield type level as a mid?

Houston, nah. Certainly a very good player who'd be a walk up start at any team in the league, but you really think he's capable of reaching a Martin, Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield type level as a mid?

Houston could get to the level of a Jimmy Bartel type player, no problems.

Ladhams.... I haven't seen anyone move like that for his size...he is my pick..

XD- has winner/ leader written all over him.

Rozee - Robbie Gray with speed.

Ladhams' actual ruckwork isn't good enough to ever reach that level IMO. I expect he'll end up a similar player to a fit and firing Matthew Kreuzer. Kreuzer at his best is a gun, but he's not the best ruck in the league.

More Pendlebury.

Or actually as TeeKray said above Bartel.

1. Rozee
2. Duursma
3. Burton
4. SPP
5. Ladhams

Marshall, Houston, Drew, Woodcock and Butters coming after, but I have to admit I am FAAAR from convinced about Marshall.

Actually this thread gives us some hope!

1. Rozee
2. Hayes
3. Duursma
4. Butters
5. Schofield

Good thread. That was super hard. Leaving Ladhams, Houston, Burton and Marshall out was very difficult- all could be superstars. If we could add Lukosius, we would be in a similar position to Brisbane circa 2000.

Houston could get to the level of a Jimmy Bartel type player, no problems.

Barrel was never the best player on his team, let alone in the league. Never won a best and fairest, not even in his Brownlow year. The Brownlow is a horseshit award anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not saying Houston won't be very good. But 'best in his position in the league' is an insanely high bar, especially for a midfielder. I don't think he's got it in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back