Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and Cooney fluked a Brownlow...

A bit harsh on Cooney. He was a very good player before his injury troubles. Just was never the same player, despite having a pretty long career afterwards.

His period 2006-2009 was top shelf as a goal kicking midfielder and he was a huge part in the Dogs making prelims in 2008 and 2009.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
If someone from out of town asked me to recommend an area where they could get aggressively harassed by locals then Freo is an easy choice. I used to like it, I try to support it, but outside a few rare civilised hours per week I find it pretty unpleasant.
South Freo is better, and North Freo is ok too.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If someone from out of town asked me to recommend an area where they could get aggressively harassed by locals then Freo is an easy choice. I used to like it, I try to support it, but outside a few rare civilised hours per week I find it pretty unpleasant.
South Freo is better, and North Freo is ok too.

Nuke it.

38151.jpg

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
If indeed the AFL is hiring Brad Scott, THEN i can't think of a better example of them handing out food stamps.

Nórf made the rash decision to fire Scott assuming he'd get a senior coaching gig, but it turns out no one wanted him. So they hurriedly try to pass off Shaw as their desired candidate after a few wins, when really they had no other choice because they couldn't afford anyone else with Scott's payout.

The AFL knowing Nórf's precarious financial position rushes to find him a role in-house, which is essentially reward for mismanagement and manipulation of the soft cap.

Honestly clubs like NM and St Kilda are incredibly lucky that the AFL has funneled so much money into the expansion clubs that they can't turn their backs on the struggling Melbourne clubs without creating a PR nightmare. When really they have worse prospects for growth, are as dependent on handouts as the expansion clubs and are guilty of continued mismanagement.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
No it’s not

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's people like you what causes bovver.
I live Sth Freo area but walk into Freo regularly, never had a problem, admittedly some days there a few mentally challenged people around but don't be scared petal, they are harmless.
Freo is way better than being out in the burbs where you have to get in the car to get a coffee or a drink.

KO_KO

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mighty Falcons & Biggie
I live Sth Freo area but walk into Freo regularly, never had a problem, admittedly some days there a few mentally challenged people around but don't be scared petal, they are harmless.
Freo is way better than being out in the burbs where you have to get in the car to get a coffee or a drink.

You protesteth too much I’m starting to question your loyalty

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea

I lived right in the heart of Freo for seven years, in High Street, with Papa's in walking distance, and never once did I have any problems. Great area to live, but mind you, that was 30 years ago. Wouldn't have the foggiest what it's like now.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If indeed the AFL is hiring Brad Scott, THEN i can't think of a better example of them handing out food stamps.

Nórf made the rash decision to fire Scott assuming he'd get a senior coaching gig, but it turns out no one wanted him. So they hurriedly try to pass off Shaw as their desired candidate after a few wins, when really they had no other choice because they couldn't afford anyone else with Scott's payout.

The AFL knowing Nórf's precarious financial position rushes to find him a role in-house, which is essentially reward for mismanagement and manipulation of the soft cap.

Honestly clubs like NM and St Kilda are incredibly lucky that the AFL has funneled so much money into the expansion clubs that they can't turn their backs on the struggling Melbourne clubs without creating a PR nightmare. When really they have worse prospects for growth, are as dependent on handouts as the expansion clubs and are guilty of continued mismanagement.
Yep. Makes me wonder why we bother sticking to the rules when they don't seem to apply to anyone else.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Dockers fans are a weird bunch

They almost never get along or agree

They will accept mediocrity over and over again just to avoid having Sumich

Looking forward to see their pitchforks out against Longmuir

Status