EPL Matchday 4

Remove this Banner Ad

God I can’t stand people who have to bring race, ethnicity into literally everything. Biggest campaigners around
Hear hear.
Was a rubbish post

Just taking things out of the race/ethnicity context but sadly, diving is part of the 'hidden' agenda of the game, we'll never know what team orders to draw fouls these players have been asked of them. Some players can do it with adapt skill others not so.

Being a cheating b'stard has no discrimination other than those who dislike the decision.

God I can’t stand people who have to bring race, ethnicity into literally everything. Biggest campaigners around

It’s been well established that members of the media use different language and narratives to describe Anglo vs non-Anglo players. Just another example in a line of many from Gray & Keys. Kane gets a cushy ride where a non-Anglo player would’ve been pilloried, and have been countless times in the past.

I get that some people find it tiring and uncomfortable to talk about, and want to put their heads in the sand and pretend that it’s not a thing, but all evidence points to the contrary.

Last edited:
It’s been well established that members of the media use different language and narratives to describe Anglo vs non-Anglo players. Just another example in a line of many from Gray & Keys. Kane gets a cushy ride where a non-Anglo player would’ve been pilloried, and have been countless times in the past.

I get that some people find it tiring and uncomfortable to talk about, and want to put their heads in the sand and pretend that it’s not a thing, but all evidence points to the contrary.
We're not talking everyone just a small minority, would be foolish to tarnish the whole of the media.... Never had it from BT sport but Andy Gray was in trouble before so the status que with him, the same with Richard Keyes. Kane is much celebrated as he is popular. Can Ashley Barnes get into the England squad?

Well he's been proven wrong.

Not the first person to go out on a limb and then be wrong after hindsight.

Yeah but he seems to have got really offended by jod saying he’s a nothing player, when he held similar opinions only a couple of months ago.

He had a great game on the weekend, probably his best for Arsenal, but it’s not like he’s been at that level every week.

We're not talking everyone just a small minority, would be foolish to tarnish the whole of the media.... Never had it from BT sport but Andy Gray was in trouble before so the status que with him, the same with Richard Keyes. Kane is much celebrated as he is popular. Can Ashley Barnes get into the England squad?
Barnes is Austrian isn't he?

*Edit, his grandmother is, but he was rejected a Austrian citizenship or something, so won't represent them at senior level (did at u20s)

Yeah but he seems to have got really offended by jod saying he’s a nothing player, when he held similar opinions only a couple of months ago.

He had a great game on the weekend, probably his best for Arsenal, but it’s not like he’s been at that level every week.
Ah fair enough.

Reckon he has a pretty high ceiling.

Barnes is Austrian isn't he?
That's Arnautovic lol

Kane is England captain and is always going to get a soft ride in the media, that’s just the way it goes. We had it with Gerrard for years when he used to go down very easily as well.

Definitely agree with this angle. Kane is one of the best floppers in the game but as England captain, he gets a lot of leeway. It’s happened before and will happen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare the pair.

Brave, lionhearted, brave, Anglo-Saxon Sir Harry MBE goes down easily in the area:
“He’s being professional”
“He knows what he’s doing. That’s why he’s a top striker”
“But what about Mo Salah?”

Nasty, cowardly foreign/black footballer goes down easily in the area:
“He’s a blight on the game and should be banned.”

Or someone is comparing a penalty being given multiple times for the same thing to another player in the same league

They aren't having a go at Mo Salah highlighting that he has got penalties given to him for softer decisions. They're having a go at the refs for either paying those or not paying this one

Another player who is a known diver/simulator/goes down easier than [insert obscene reference]
I think it's natural to compare incidents in the same league with the same refs. Doesn't have to be Salah. I compared the push to the one on PEA from Sanchez last NLD. Another good example would be Walker on Sterling a few seasons ago (Walker's last for Spurs) where Sterling stayed on his feet and didn't get the penalty which is exactly why players do go down when they feel a push

I guess the Anglo agenda is what people will go to but it's largely due to top sides not having many Anglo attacking players.

You post fairly obviously racist s**t on a regular basis you ******* pillock. But yeah, have a whinge because you're the real victim here. Coward.
Hear hear.
Was a rubbish post
Shut up you parrot.
Is that you Ben Simmons?
Oh hey, it's the have a go at a prominent black athlete in Australia crowd. Nothing off here at all. Nope, just a bunch of good blokes who like sport (complete deadshits irl) raising 'legitimate concerns'.
Or someone is comparing a penalty being given multiple times for the same thing to another player in the same league
Understand the context. See, for example Souness' comments about Kean. Was that ok, or is he a racist campaigner? It's quite obviously the latter, but I'm sure halfwits on the internet disagree.

Understand the context. See, for example Souness' comments about Kean. Was that ok, or is he a racist campaigner? It's quite obviously the latter, but I'm sure halfwits on the internet disagree.
So are pundits meant to give HG analysis and import analysis in separate segments?

Not denying that there is racial stereotypes in the English game but the compare the pair post comparing a comment that Salah gets those given and Kane initiated contact isn't a stereotype, they were two separate bits of commentary on a football matter. Anglo white players have been called divers in the past (Michael Owen comes to mind) so this isn't even a Dele/Sterling v Kane debate. Pundits are allowed to comment on matters and compare similar incidents that happen regardless of the race of the player

Salah is used as the benchmark here because he was awarded a large numberof penalties last season. Think it was only Zaha ahead of him. Using them as the comparison for a future penalty discussion isn't based on them being Brown or Black but being the leaders in the area of discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back