Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more concerned about the fact we haven't brought in upgrades to our coaching team so far.

Say what you want about Bolton, Richardson and the like, but getting them would've been a boon of sorts. St. Kilda's been making some pretty solid moves so far, North hasn't really made any, its just been departures.

Say what you will about Brad but his connections did net him coaches with ease.

I'm more concerned about the fact we haven't brought in upgrades to our coaching team so far.

Say what you want about Bolton, Richardson and the like, but getting them would've been a boon of sorts. St. Kilda's been making some pretty solid moves so far, North hasn't really made any, its just been departures.

Good news: We got rid of David Loader as the VFL coach
Bad news: He's now assistant coach at the AFL team. (or is it? could have better chops as assistant)

Yeah. Just not very good ones.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hence the use of the word 'upgrades' in my post.

We've been pretty stagnant in the coaching department for a long while. Ironically Tudor was the best imo, forwards were the highlight of the year for me.

Agree about being stagnant over the last few years, but I wouldn't worry about missing 'names' i.e. Richardson, Bolton.

Agree about being stagnant over the last few years, but I wouldn't worry about missing 'names' i.e. Richardson, Bolton.

I can deal with us missing out on them provided we got some names to chase that'll suit us and Shaw in the coaches box.

Question is who? Patch would fit well, Whitecross also potentially, other than that I'm not sure who's available right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before we cast this aside as a case of blind nepotism, let's check the CV. Jade is a former caretaker and has done his time at three clubs. He clearly has the experience. I imagine that once Richo nominated Melbourne we would have put out the feelers for anyone that may have been disgruntled by an outsider getting the promotion. Seems like a pretty astute appointment imo.

Before we cast this aside as a case of blind nepotism, let's check the CV. Jade is a former caretaker and has done his time at three clubs. He clearly has the experience. I imagine that once Richo nominated Melbourne we would have put out the feelers for anyone that may have been disgruntled by an outsider getting the promotion. Seems like a pretty astute appointment imo.
Naaaah, id rather criticise a process i have no knowledge or understanding of.

Jade Rawlings.... really? Not sure at all about that.
The only player I can think of this century to have publically stated he wanted to be a roo. At the Hawthorn b&f no less. Got shafted by a borderline illegal deal by a haw/*/western triumvirate and his career petered out. By the time he eventuality got to us his body was shot.

Has good coaching experience, including coaching his own team. We should welcome him with open arms IMO.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back