Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they spin negative instead? It's a moot argument. Report on what they know not what they don't know.

And who these days in the media across any subject does that? Only reporting on what they know? Complain about it but the club can't ignore it.

We can take our bat and ball and go home but we can't complain when other clubs are working it.

So they spin negative instead? It's a moot argument. Report on what they know not what they don't know.
I’m just passing on info that I heard from a WA footy journo about how the two clubs engage with the media.

Sheesh, don’t shoot the messenger. As I said in my post - I’d be interested to hear others’ opinions, as I put forward a whole bunch of scenarios, all of which were merely conjecture. The general topic is how Freo get treated like s**t by the media, I told a story, I considered a few possibilities, and I asked what people thought. I’m hardly ramming some hardline opinion on how s**t our club is, and how wonderful the media is down people’s throats...

I’m just passing on info that I heard from a WA footy journo about how the two clubs engage with the media.

Sheesh, don’t shoot the messenger. As I said in my post - I’d be interested to hear others’ opinions, as I put forward a whole bunch of scenarios, all of which were merely conjecture. The general topic is how Freo get treated like s**t by the media, I told a story, I considered a few possibilities, and I asked what people thought. I’m hardly ramming some hardline opinion on how s**t our club is, and how wonderful the media is down people’s throats...
No one is having a go at you. What I said was about the media not you, the 'Report on what they know not what they don't know' line is for the media :)

I just don't think the media in AFL is accountable and no one seems to care about that.

No one is having a go at you. What I said was about the media not you, the 'Report on what they know not what they don't know' line is for the media :)

I just don't think the media in AFL is accountable and no one seems to care about that.
All good - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hardie was hilarious on the radio yesterday.

Had deep, exasperated sighs filled with sad emotion when asked about Hurn and Kennedy. So you can rule them out.

Then asked about Freo's next coach - 'If they pick a newbie with no senior coaching exp then Fyfe will leave cos he's 28 soon and won't be around forever'.

I think we can bookmark Jlo as the frontrunner now.

Had deep, exasperated sighs filled with sad emotion when asked about Hurn and Kennedy. So you can rule them out.

Then asked about Freo's next coach - 'If they pick a newbie with no senior coaching exp then Fyfe will leave cos he's 28 soon and won't be around forever'.

Then I guess he doesn't think Sumich should get it either..

Fyfe will leave as a dual Brownlow medallist, 4 x AA, 4 x Doig Medallist, 3 x AFLPA MVP, and dual MVP ALFCA with 3 years left on his contract and Freo will demand (and get) picks 1,2,3,4,5 in the 2020 draft + picks 1,2,3 in the 2021 draft. Good one Bradley - pray tell who will satisfy that trade?? :tearsofjoy:

I think that’s quite an interesting comment from him and have to wonder who he is referring to. If rumours re Ratten signing with the Saints are true, then it’s only really Voss and Harvey in the system currently that have senior experience but not in senior roles I think...

Or is he suggesting that we should be poaching a coach from another club?

Fyfe will leave as a dual Brownlow medallist, 4 x AA, 4 x Doig Medallist, 3 x AFLPA MVP, and dual MVP ALFCA with 3 years left on his contract and Freo get picks 1,2,3,4,5 in the 2020 draft + picks 1,2,3 in the 2021 draft. Good one Bradley - pray tell who will satisfy that trade?? :tearsofjoy:
He'd also have to go to a non-contending club because I very much doubt any of the top handful could absorb $1.1M - $1.3M per year in their caps.

I think that’s quite an interesting comment from him and have to wonder who he is referring to. If rumours re Ratten signing with the Saints are true, then it’s only really Voss and Harvey in the system currently that have senior experience but not in senior roles I think...

I get the feeling it was a freudian slip and he regards Sumich taking the WA U/18's as senior experience (aka Head Coach)

My uneducated take is that perhaps Sumich has been notified he may not be the leading contendor, or that they're aware they're courting Jlo aggressively (or another untried coach).

My uneducated take is that perhaps Sumich has been notified he may not be the leading contendor, or that they're aware they're courting Jlo aggressively (or another untried coach).
Found Ryan Crowley’s comments on sumich interesting
Good bloke got on with him well would be an asset to any footy club........... but maybe not in the senior role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a joke - west coast almost have the currency off the bat. They trade 14, 22, next year's first - they get Kelly and enter the draft at 32.

I would think it's more likely to be a done deal than not, and this is Geelong setting the expectations of its members
They can not trade next year's 1st and this years, unless the AFL agrees.

It may need to be 14, 22, 32 and next year's second round pick.

God you watched that s**t?? That was worse than some of our games this year
what u talking about! Fev just gets better with age. Like an aging cheese. Wish he'd played for Freo. That guy can lead and no one can do anything about it. Jakovich could only watch on and weep. Now days Fev leads and it affects the tides.

Remember when Nisbett went straight to the media and lied to their face about a golf game that never happened and a relationship between two people that had never met outside the one punching out the other. The holy Nisbett indeed, *en brown noses were treated with disdain and still go back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back