What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second best game I saw was the 1985 home and away Footscray V Essendon game How that Footscray 1985 never won a flag is beyond me
Lacked defensive discipline in the prelim last quarter against the Hawks

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Second best game I saw was the 1985 home and away Footscray V Essendon game How that Footscray 1985 never won a flag is beyond me
33,000+ at the Western Oval, perfect sunny day early in the season, we defeated the reining premiers and by the end of the game, the PA announced we were on top of the ladder. One of the great moments ever in my time watching the dogs.

33,000+ at the Western Oval, perfect sunny day early in the season, we defeated the reining premiers and by the end of the game, the PA announced we were on top of the ladder. One of the great moments ever in my time watching the dogs.
I remember listening to that on the radio - he said 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Footscray are top of the ladder' ......?

That was a great year apart from the last game / quarter. Yes, we had a great team and great chance to win it. The side was full of stars and set scoring records most weeks. I used to follow Beasley from end to end as he kicked bags most weeks.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
That was a great year apart from the last game / quarter. Yes, we had a great team and great chance to win it. The side was full of stars and set scoring records most weeks. I used to follow Beasley from end to end as he kicked bags most weeks.
Was my first year of actively following the Dogs, we went to the final against North but our family couldn't get tickets to the prelim. Beasley, Bamblett and Buhagiar were my favourite players.

Was my first year of actively following the Dogs, we went to the final against North but our family couldn't get tickets to the prelim. Beasley, Bamblett and Buhagiar were my favourite players.
final against North was brill, blitzed them

More like a guy called Leigh Matthews might have had something to do with that
Yep when you dont man up on a player like Matthews íe defensive discipline, he will make you pay. This was the cause of the Hardie Malthouse breakdown

F3000

Senior List
Aug 27, 2014
Norf
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
West Ham
Foxsports/Sam Edmund say we're looking at Zac Smith :sick:

GEELONG’S RUCK MERRY-GO-ROUND IS SET TO CONTINUE
Zac Smith could be set for his third AFL club, with reports that two Victorian clubs are interested in his services.

According to Herald Sun journalist Sam Edmund, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs are showing interest in acquiring the out of contract ruckman during the 2019 off-season.
“Zac Smith pretty much remains the only unsigned ruckman there and you’d have to say his future is really uncertain,” he said on SEN Breakfast.
“Rhys Stanley’s contracted, Ratugolea’s tied until 2021, Darcy Fort and Ryan Abbott both until 2020, even though the latter man, Ryan Abbott, might be keen to pursue some more opportunities.

Todd Goldstein is reportedly still on Geelong’s radar. Photo: Michael Dodge/Getty Images.

“Zac Smith might be the one left without a chair when the music stops down there.
“The Western Bulldogs and St Kilda have both shown interest in Zac.”
Edmund also believed tall Cat Wylie Buzza was searching for more opportunities at another club.

Lacked defensive discipline in the prelim last quarter against the Hawks
1985. I was there :'(. As we were leaving the ground we were crying "Next year..."

1997. I was there :'(. As we were leaving the ground we were crying "Next year..."

1985. I was there :'(. As we were leaving the ground we were crying "Next year..."

1997. I was there :'(. As we were leaving the ground we were crying "Next year..."
Yep made 2016 all the more special though it was a little after "Next year .....

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Zac Smith could be set for his third AFL club, with reports that two Victorian clubs are interested in his services.

According to Herald Sun journalist Sam Edmund, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs are showing interest in acquiring the out of contract ruckman during the 2019 off-season.
“Zac Smith pretty much remains the only unsigned ruckman there and you’d have to say his future is really uncertain,” he said on SEN Breakfast.
“Rhys Stanley’s contracted, Ratugolea’s tied until 2021, Darcy Fort and Ryan Abbott both until 2020, even though the latter man, Ryan Abbott, might be keen to pursue some more opportunities.

Todd Goldstein is reportedly still on Geelong’s radar. Photo: Michael Dodge/Getty Images.

“Zac Smith might be the one left without a chair when the music stops down there.
Edmund also believed tall Cat Wylie Buzza was searching for more opportunities at another club.
Not the worst option as veeerrryyy cheap depth for the next year or so. As much as some like to hype up Sweet, the reality is that he's not ready to play at a competitive level. At least if English goes down, Smith would be an okay option and allow Trengove to remain down back where he plays his best footy. Would hope the only scenario we'd look at Smith is as a DFA on minimum wage

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
yeah looks to be some decent minimum wage options next year for our 3rd ruck if we want one. Longer, Smith, Lewis Pierce etc.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just thought this was funny. Dogs are arguably the hottest team going in to the finals. On Damian Barretts amazing monday morning program access all areas a large part of the show was dedicated to previewing finals for this weekend.

Here's a look at the time spent talking about each final lol.

Ess/WC 3:47 of talk time
Cats/Coll 3:30 of talk time
Dogs/GWS: 1:49 of talk time
Bris/Rich 3:23 of talk time

Lol.
On The Couch spent 5mins of the 60 min show previewing our final, spent 15mins on others.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Of the Geelong depth talls mentioned in the article, i reckon the one who could fit with us is Wylie Buzza. Is still young enough for there to be scope for improvement and has shown enough to be a depth option as both a Rickman or a kpf.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
On The Couch spent 5mins of the 60 min show previewing our final, spent 15mins on others.

To be fair GWS are a big reason for that. They’re no chance whatsoever and if we beat them it’s not as if we’ve really taken a major step (even though we are still a fair shot to lose).

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
To be fair GWS are a big reason for that. They’re no chance whatsoever and if we beat them it’s not as if we’ve really taken a major step (even though we are still a fair shot to lose).

Except Roos predicts them to win and Brown was sounding very uncertain about our prospects. Seems like a few are jumping off the bandwagon after a week.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah that whole five minutes was reasons why GWS can beat us. For the last few weeks Brown and Roos have been right on us but it’s like there was a memo released to downplay our chances and hop back on the AFL love child. Classified were more positive - still tried the how the GWS can beat us route but couldn’t see it happen. Judd and Lloyd very confident in us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
The bye has deflated their perspective of us as they’ve spent the last week looking at and commenting on the whole season, and they’re now looking at us through that holistic lens. Form forgotten and assumed to be wiped away by the bye (which may also be true)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back