Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quietly confident. Collingwood have the worst users of the ball out of all the contenders so if we keep Pendlebury and Sidebottom quiet I think we will win.

Quietly eh. You're every 3rd post claiming and upcoming loss for the pies and now you're saying pie fans are over confident.

Could you please come out of hiding and tell the thread what you really think.

Weather, home ground , availability blah blah blah. Best team on the night will win. Cats haven’t been best in September for years. Now they get their chance. Time to put up or shut up for cats!

Nah, he'll be in the presser sayin the ground didn't have much influence. win or lose.

Charlie Cameron says hi.

Interesting perspective about our form and it being the reason the Cats should win.

Geelong have gone L W L W L W L W L W since the bye (rounds 14 to 23). So that's a 10 game period without consecutive wins, while we have won our last 4 games straight.

Sure, our form hasn't been vintage since the bye but we are clearly building. Geelong have barely been a top 8 side for the whole second part of the season. If this one goes on form, we win.
Not saying the cats have been in great form however I think their form is better. Let’s look at the pies last 4 wins, suns and Melbourne the 2 worst sides in the comp, Adelaide who id have bottom 4 on form since the bye and a severely depleted Essendon side who had nothing to play for. If people think the pies are in good form they are kidding themselves. Not to say they can’t win as I don’t really trust the cats either however I think they’ll do enough to get the win.

Quietly confident. Collingwood have the worst users of the ball out of all the contenders so if we keep Pendlebury and Sidebottom quiet I think we will win.

Well that’s what’s going to make this game interesting. The team you believe are the worst users of the ball v the team that can least absorb manic pressure in the top 4.

Not saying the cats have been in great form however I think their form is better. Let’s look at the pies last 4 wins, suns and Melbourne the 2 worst sides in the comp, Adelaide who id have bottom 4 on form since the bye and a severely depleted Essendon side who had nothing to play for. If people think the pies are in good form they are kidding themselves. Not to say they can’t win as I don’t really trust the cats either however I think they’ll do enough to get the win.
You of all fans should know that finals footy is a totally different game. The cats hate playing the Pies. The cats hate finals footy pressure. They’ll be out in straight sets and questions will be asked if Scott.

Quietly eh. You're every 3rd post claiming and upcoming loss for the pies and now you're saying pie fans are over confident.

Could you please come out of hiding and tell the thread what you really think.

Every third post here? Man, he’s in the Tigers/Brissy thread every second post. If pies and tiges get up, i fear this posters mental health.

They’ve beaten you the last 3 times you’ve played?
Lucky. Including this year in round 1 where we were the better team. The cats haven’t been able to dominate the pies. Yet the pies have had very comprehensive victories over the cats even when we were nowhere close to finals over the past 4 years. Extend it out to the last 5 games and it’s 3-2.

The cats have 1 player who can be the difference and that’s Hawkins. We haven’t had a big fullback for some time. Hopefully Roughead is strong enough to take him on. If he is, I think it will be a comprehensive victory for the Pies.

Lucky. Including this year in round 1 where we were the better team. The cats haven’t been able to dominate the pies. Yet the pies have had very comprehensive victories over the cats even when we were nowhere close to finals over the past 4 years. Extend it out to the last 5 games and it’s 3-2.

The cats have 1 player who can be the difference and that’s Hawkins. We haven’t had a big fullback for some time. Hopefully Roughead is strong enough to take him on. If he is, I think it will be a comprehensive victory for the Pies.
Comprehensive victory? Wow I wouldn’t be that confident if I were you.

Interesting perspective about our form and it being the reason the Cats should win.

Geelong have gone L W L W L W L W L W since the bye (rounds 14 to 23). So that's a 10 game period without consecutive wins, while we have won our last 4 games straight.

Sure, our form hasn't been vintage since the bye but we are clearly building. Geelong have barely been a top 8 side for the whole second part of the season. If this one goes on form, we win.

Geelong basically went into the mid-season bye with a finals spot already sewn up (we were 11-1 at the bye, while 8th placed Essendon finished the season on 12 wins), and had been in preservation mode until the last month or so of the season. We have been steadily building over the last 3 weeks - kept North to 1 goal (they kicked 22 the following week), played well at the Gabba until the heat sapped us late, then played well against Carlton a fortnight ago.

Geelong basically went into the mid-season bye with a finals spot already sewn up (we were 11-1 at the bye, while 8th placed Essendon finished the season on 12 wins), and had been in preservation mode until the last month or so of the season. We have been steadily building over the last 3 weeks - kept North to 1 goal (they kicked 22 the following week), played well at the Gabba until the heat sapped us late, then played well against Carlton a fortnight ago.

Fair enough - I agree you guys were amazing pre-bye, but you've still been losing games regularly since without being able to arrest that trend. Winning consistently against any opposition builds confidence and momentum. After our post bye wobble, we seem to have stabilised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game will be decided by Geelong's forward line, mids hit targets and forwards bring the pressure then Geelong win, Collingwood rebound it easily out of D50 and stop Cats mids getting first use then Magpies win...

One thing that concerns me is how Geelong tend to be slow starters after the bye, and the last few times Collingwood have beaten us, they have jumped out to a 3-4 goal quarter time lead, and usually held on to win by a similar margin. Same thing has happened in our last few finals losses as well.

If we aren't blown out of the water in the first term, we're a huge chance.

After watching 360 and seeing Scott and Whately goo goo gaa gaa each other, and hear about sweet nothing new from the former, Pies by 10 goals.

Substance vs emptiness
Creativity vs mundanity
Blue collar vs silver spoon
Right vs wrong.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Strong, yet irrelevant abstract thoughts little friend. I hope that you will be able to cope if 'wrong' prevails.

Last year, Geelong was in excellent form going into the finals after beating up Freo and Gold Coast. Worked out for them....🤔

I was recently reading a book about the German invasion of Poland (80 yr anniversary this week) where weather forecasts were crucial in deciding on the deployment of troops

I see the impact on the Pies to be of equivalent importance

Like not having winter clothing when one invades Russia?

What book btw?

The game will be decided by Geelong's forward line, mids hit targets and forwards bring the pressure then Geelong win, Collingwood rebound it easily out of D50 and stop Cats mids getting first use then Magpies win...

You could just flip it the other way. Interchange the club names and there you have it.

Back