wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Dear Collingwood Bigfooty members,

I have just finished watching the documentary that aired tonight (Collingwood from the inside out) and I am feeling deep regret for the way I have acted towards the players and other forum members of this great club during the last few months.

From bagging out fringe players to some of the disgusting comments I condoned and made last week regarding one of our players and a potential injury he may have had.
I made an arse of myself and have no doubt ended up on many ignore lists - and rightly so.

I am sorry. I am sorry for forgetting how human these people are. I am sorry for forgetting that we are all here for the same reason and we should all consider ourselves a family.
My pledge from this point on is to not be fair weather. To not be consistently negative and angry at how many injuries we have or that we only won by x amount of points instead of by 10 goals. To never bag out and turn on our own - and that includes us here.

I love this club so God damn much.....Regardless of what happens on Friday night or for the rest of the season, let's get behind these boys.... We can make amends for the final game of last season. And if not, then that's ok too. We'll come back better and stronger in 2020.

Love you all.
Wicksy

Don't worry about it. People only read bits and pieces of this forum, it would be humanly impossible to be on top of everything so only you really know what you have and haven't done. I for one have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm saddened to see a few of my favourite posters go over the past few weeks, it always happens to be the ones I like for some reason. Dust yourself off and become a better poster in the future if you feel you let yourself down.

We all have made a campaigner of ourselves over something before. Don't beat yourself up.

I have just finished watching the documentary that aired tonight (Collingwood from the inside out) and I am feeling deep regret for the way I have acted towards the players and other forum members of this great club during the last few months.

From bagging out fringe players to some of the disgusting comments I condoned and made last week regarding one of our players and a potential injury he may have had.
I made an arse of myself and have no doubt ended up on many ignore lists - and rightly so.

I am sorry. I am sorry for forgetting how human these people are. I am sorry for forgetting that we are all here for the same reason and we should all consider ourselves a family.
My pledge from this point on is to not be fair weather. To not be consistently negative and angry at how many injuries we have or that we only won by x amount of points instead of by 10 goals. To never bag out and turn on our own - and that includes us here.

I love this club so God damn much.....Regardless of what happens on Friday night or for the rest of the season, let's get behind these boys.... We can make amends for the final game of last season. And if not, then that's ok too. We'll come back better and stronger in 2020.

Love you all.
Wicksy
Takes courage to admit your own mistakes and you should be commended. If I have lined you up previously for running down our players, coach and club, I apologise to you too.
I am very big on all supporters living up to our Side by Side motto.
We win and lose as a club. How we feel as supporters will be no different to our players, coaches and club when things are not going well.
I especially hate the way some of our own supporters cannibalise one another on our Forum because opposition supporters see it and take great delight in it.
We have a great club, great history, and we are in a sensational position for this finals series and the coming years.
Let’s hope your post unifies us all because ultimately we all bleed black and white. Thanks Wicksy.

Last edited:
Dear Collingwood Bigfooty members...
I am sorry... Love you all.
Wicksy

Heya Wicksy,

Sorry for this next message!

ottoman asked me to post it on his behalf (he is hosting his local chapter of 'Eligible Turkman').

Anyway it was short...

'Get <redacted> Wicksky you soft<partial.redaction>. You are one of my favourite posters but cut this <redacted redacted> out.'

Otto knows IF he apologised for all his insults, half-arsed thoughts about football, and pidgin grammar, he would crash the site.

Hugs xx

Love you all.
Wicksy
Very pleasing to read this, and good on you for making the realisation and change. Unfortunately for us, there are many more and I would say a majority on this board that are like what you just described.

We could become all but invincible as a club if we just stuck together in the tough times. Too often we turn on our own, and it serves no other purpose than to weaken our great club.

Don’t be a closet Carlton supporter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lolz I’m driving to Melbs to see Maxy Maynard kid. Sorry not sorry.
Standing room only. Ooh and I’ll watch a Glenelg guy after two knees rock it.
Not sure this is an appropriate thread for that post... oh, and the Glenelg kid has done 3 knees :(

Heya Wicksy,

Sorry for this next message!

ottoman asked me to post it on his behalf (he is hosting his local chapter of 'Eligible Turkman').

Anyway it was short...

'Get <redacted> Wicksky you soft<partial.redaction>. You are one of my favourite posters but cut this <redacted redacted> out.'

Otto knows IF he apologised for all his insults, half-arsed thoughts about football, and pidgin grammar, he would crash the site.

Hugs xx

HAHA This is great. Tell ottoman that I hope he finds the man or woman of his dreams. :)

Not sure this is an appropriate thread for that post... oh, and the Glenelg kid has done 3 knees :(

You made sense of that? :O

It was a great doco and definitely shows the human element.

I think 2018 was one of my favourite years of being a Collingwood supporter...right up there with 2010. We didn't win it, but they gave us one hell of a ride, and watching the team come together in adversity and grow was so enjoyable.

At the end of the day, only one side in 18 will win the premiership, so the odds are terribly low. But what can be sustained is the culture and the way the club is run. We can't expect premiership every year, but we can expect that the players that represent the jumper at any given time do us proud. i can definitely say this group does that, and I am enjoying the fact that we are competitive and in with a shot yet again.

I wish this apology could reach the people that have most likely blocked me - especially the ones who did so after last weekend - as it's mainly directed at them.

In no particular order:

jmac70
Aishole
Good_Old
Maggie5
TradeDraft

There's probably far more.
Does anyone know if i'm able to DM people who have blocked me? I imagine no.

I wish this apology could reach the people that have most likely blocked me - especially the ones who did so after last weekend - as it's mainly directed at them.

In no particular order:

jmac70
Aishole
Good_Old
Maggie5
TradeDraft

Haven’t blocked you mate! Only have one person on block I think.

Apology accepted, It takes a lot of courage to apologise, you don’t see many people apologise for some terrible comments around here, So huge kudos to you. It Takes balls.

I’d like to apologise to you while im at it. I could have definitely handled things more maturely.

Heres to hopefully a successful finals run.

Haven’t blocked you mate! Only have one person on block I think.

Apology accepted, It takes a lot of courage to apologise, you don’t see many people apologise for some terrible comments around here, So huge kudos to you. It Takes balls.

I’d like to apologise to you while im at it. I could have definitely handled things more maturely.

Heres to hopefully a successful finals run.

Thanks mate... Side by Side from here on out :)

In no particular order:

jmac70
Aishole
Good_Old
Maggie5
TradeDraft

If enough of us reply to your post, hopefully those who have you blocked will read these replies (assuming none of us are also blocked ha!). Cheers

Thanks mate... Side by Side from here on out :)
Great thread mate ,feel the love in here already. As i am never able to keep up with all threads i am not sure what this is about ,that
said it takes a big person to own their mistakes you have my respect for that. Go pies

In no particular order:

jmac70
Aishole
Good_Old
Maggie5
TradeDraft

Doubt many if any would have actually blocked you. If posters started blocking everyone they disagree with this forum would read more like a personal journal than a discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back