News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Person

Custom title
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
If it's champion data (super coach) then it's points based and those guys wouldn't average well.

If it's afl player rankings it's done over their last 50 games which is why armo is rated highly despite being retired.

That makes more sense. Silly of the article not to point out that Willke and Battle would be rated as such due to playing under 50 games in that position.

Last edited:

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the same segment he also claimed one of the reasons we have nothing to look forward too is our lack of young key position players.

Got a good laugh out of that line.

Cornes is an absolute knucklehead ..has short memory too .

Said Melbourne will win the flag this year....... when wrong he just changes the subject.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Kane Cornes Article on a summary of the bottom 10 teams.
St Kilda - Go Marching Back

St Kilda finished 14th in season 2019 which resulted in another sacked coach at Moorabbin.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be much to look forward to anytime soon for Saints fans. Not even the acquisition of Fremantle’s Bradley Hill on a ridiculous contract can sell any hope for a sharp improvement.
Season 2020 will be another year without September action.

Not much to look forward too is harsh.

Kane Cornes is a genius. Failed his fireman training. Dropped out before getting the axe. Told by someone who trained with him. Too dumb to be a fireman, but a football "media expert". Says it all about these tossers. Ben Dixon anyone?

Imagine him trying to put out your burning house. He'd miss, but your neighbours would get a good soaking.

Last edited:

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Anyone see the article on the Herald Sun written by Mick McGuane on the Saints?
He rates all the players at the end and rates Battle and Paton as.....poor 🙄

Oh, Paddy Mc was poor too...go figure.

Was Mickey pissed and gambling away his money at the time? So expert he's now been rejected by eleven clubs I know of. Seriously, ex players are the worst pool to draw from when seeking innovation and expertise.

Ricciutto is my prime exhibit. Good at handing out pills though, as I was told by a former player. McGuane is nothing but a drunken loser. Battle. Poor? Rising Star nomination 3 weeks ago. Good Grief you halfwit, McGuane.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
View attachment 737336

View attachment 737337

Someone PLEASE tell me this is just someone taking the piss?

Hind and Armo above AVG?

Billings and Steele AVG?

Wilkie and Hunter Below AVG?

BATTLE POOR?
FMD

They’re just the usual afl player ratings done by champion data. Pretty ropey especially when it’s a small number of games.

But important to note they reflect nothing about anyone’s opinions of individual players - they’re wrong, but objectively wrong.

Cornes is an absolute knucklehead ..has short memory too .

Said Melbourne will win the flag this year....... when wrong he just changes the subject.

I heard him on SEN the other day, he owned that. I don't mind him, he has modelled himself as a bit of a say it as he sees it type. He loves a bit of winding supporters up.

And this is why coaches are selective when it comes to Champion data..

Champion data is used as a whole by clubs and cherry-picked by the media to make anomalies seem ridiculous. Armo would read elite off one game not a season and would be counted by no-one in club land.

From 45

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Champion data is used as a whole by clubs and cherry-picked by the media to make anomalies seem ridiculous. Armo would read elite off one game not a season and would be counted by no-one in club land.
I know for a fact it's the other way around. Clubs only selective data that they request from Champion data

Was Mickey pi**ed and gambling away his money at the time? So expert he's now been rejected by eleven clubs I know of. Seriously, ex players are the worst pool to draw from when seeking innovation and expertise.

Ricciutto is my prime exhibit. Good at handing out pills though, as I was told by a former player. McGuane is nothing but a drunken loser. Battle. Poor? Rising Star nomination 3 weeks ago. Good Grief you halfwit, McGuane.

Well Paddy was poor after all...I mean the poor kid didn’t play a game 🙄
I seriously doubt he even watched us play at all.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda

Stats based article.

I think its a reasonable article as I doubt who ever we bring via trade will make us premiership contenders. But if we can play finals and keep addiding to that list we have a chance. For me our biggest list management mistake was not having enough early to 2nd picks in last years draft - which will be a super draft.

Last edited:
May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone see the article on the Herald Sun written by Mick McGuane on the Saints?
He rates all the players at the end and rates Battle and Paton as.....poor 🙄

Oh, Paddy Mc was poor too...go figure.
interesting they have McCartin but no Roberton or Austin....

The announment is now up on the club website.

How good is this !!!!!

Roo back with the club delivering Deliveroo !!!!!!

Or....Deliveroo delivering Roo back to the club.

Deliveroo will now be a major co sponsor.

Great marketing....very very clever.

I wonder from the announcement if Dare will be the other major co sponsor or now a second tier sponsor......the announcement says Dare will still be a key sponsor...details are being worked on.

I suspect there will be another major co sponsor to be announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back